Iowa Cruise

Are You Gonna Make the Cruise

• Total voters

Skrapmetal

Established Member
My house and truck payments combine for about half of my monthly income, maybe slightly more. I have no idea where the rest goes... I don't pay for gas for my commuting.

If I just stopped wasting money for a year I could pay my truck off before Christmas.

Eric91Z

Established Member
Yeah, I have two things hurting my "mod" budget right now:

- Still paying 1 old student loan
- My divorce last year cost a lot: lawyer, we had to pay to sell our house, moving expenses, etc

Hoping to get most of my big stuff paid off/down this year as I will be house shopping in Ames next year.

03snkvert

Established Member
Anybody coming from the north or the east can meet up with us at the Shoppers Store at NE 14th and I-80 (old K-Mart). We will be leaving there no later than 11:30am.

03snkvert

Established Member
Ok guys I need some Opinions. I was thinking about sending out and invite to the Mustang Club of Central Iowa, but I thought I would get opinions from you guys first. What do you think.

It could bring some extra cars, or should we wait and see what the turn out is this year?

zeus201

Established Member
Hoping to get most of my big stuff paid off/down this year as I will be house shopping in Ames next year.

I've looked around at homes in Ames just get a feel for pricing and I've always felt that they are way overpriced, but this is just my opinion.

Ok guys I need some Opinions. I was thinking about sending out and invite to the Mustang Club of Central Iowa, but I thought I would get opinions from you guys first. What do you think.

It could bring some extra cars, or should we wait and see what the turn out is this year?

I'm on the fence on this. I know a lot of those guys have quite rare mustang's and one guy has a Pantera :coolman: which are awesome. So there would be a lot of cars which would be awesome and draw quite the crowd.

I guess you could shoot them an invite and see what they say.

yellow03cobra

Established Member
the mustang club has a dyno day / bbq at lunds like the friday before or after the cruise, lunds invited me but I work on fridays, not sure how many of them would be interested.

Eric91Z

Established Member
I've looked around at homes in Ames just get a feel for pricing and I've always felt that they are way overpriced, but this is just my opinion.

That has been the opinion I get too. And I am kind of picky in what I want:

1) Ranch style with walk out porch
2) 3 bedroom
3) Full basement (not concerned about finished or not)
4) BIG garage - not only wide, but deep so I can fit both cars in with room around them

I am still up in the air if I will look in Ames or just go up to Gilbert. My daughter will be attending school in Gilbert when she is old enough. I had thought I would pick something in Ames with easy access North to Gilbert and South to West Des Moines for work. But the more I think about it the more I may just look in Gilbert so that my home is close to school for the weeks she is with me and when she is old enough to walk home. Who knows. I have a little over a year to figure that out.

Eric91Z

Established Member
the mustang club has a dyno day / bbq at lunds like the friday before or after the cruise, lunds invited me but I work on fridays, not sure how many of them would be interested.

They need to update their website as I don't see anything on there about that. It would be kind of cool to cruise out there and hang out and watch.

Speaking of which, any of you doing their Car Show this year? I got my registration form in the mail a couple weeks ago. Suppose I should get off my butt and send that in. I got a really nice 2nd place trophy last year, but then again there were only 3 cars in my class any way... ;) And the one that took 1st was quite nice and was an old muscle car.

03snkvert

Established Member
That sounds like it would be kind of cool. Maybe we could get Travis (sid297) to get us some SVTPerformance.com Stickers to reresent.

yellow03cobra

Established Member
They need to update their website as I don't see anything on there about that. It would be kind of cool to cruise out there and hang out and watch.

Speaking of which, any of you doing their Car Show this year? I got my registration form in the mail a couple weeks ago. Suppose I should get off my butt and send that in. I got a really nice 2nd place trophy last year, but then again there were only 3 cars in my class any way... ;) And the one that took 1st was quite nice and was an old muscle car.

I went to last years, was going to enter it, and left because I didn't feel welcome, every one with a nice car there acted like a snob to me.

yellow03cobra

Established Member

it's june 20, I was thinking of the wrong day.

zeus201

Established Member

I"m going to do it! Be cool if we could get something from sid.

Eric...good luck finding a house like that because it's going to cost a pretty penny! I'd look in Gilbert for sure.

Eric91Z

Established Member
Eric...good luck finding a house like that because it's going to cost a pretty penny! I'd look in Gilbert for sure.

Yeah, I am going to have to balance what I want with what I can afford. I would give up a finished bedroom for more living room and kitchen space with more open floor plan. 3rd bedroom would be an office and for resale value down the road. I can always finish off a basement how I want and put my office down there.

Open floor plan and nice garage are big requirements. And hoping to have some extra cash from the sale of my current place to help with the deal, but that is not a guarantee at this point.

03snkvert

Established Member
Got my stuff to the powder coater, and he says he should have the brackets done tomorrow.

Thanks again Eric

SVTTuckF100

M&M Custom Finishes
Established Member
sorry guys but its looking like i won't be making it to this one, this time. We have family stuff planned for that weekend, and I am going to meet the new g/f's family since that is my next weekend off :eek:

black six

Established Member
Anybody coming from the north or the east can meet up with us at the Shoppers Store at NE 14th and I-80 (old K-Mart). We will be leaving there no later than 11:30am.

I can meet up with you there..i'm not sure who else is coming from the BMC but since i got laid off i am trying to keep closer to home. i had thought about asking another club i belong to come out with us but they're a mostly older group with the early 60s Mustangs and i'm not sure there'd be alot of interest but if its alright with everyone i may ask just to find out.

Users who are viewing this thread