Interest check for GB for Racebronco heat extractor style hoods!

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i received a big box of hood latches just before the holiday weekend. im finally going to make it by ED tomorrow to drop them off and get them started on installing them so the hoods can ship out already.

a couple of people have sent some $ for the balance/shipping and i thank you. a few have sent messages which i havent been able to reply to yet. ill work on that as i can. you can always call as well. its faster some times 818-357-2531

i will have a couple of extra 50/50 hoods available as well for those who are interested. we havent started another batch yet so it will be quite a while before any more are available. once this GB is done then i can see about setting up another one.

if you are interested in grabbing one of the remaining hoods, please do not ask for GB pricing. im already eating extra added costs left and right here and its also not fair to those who have waited for these for a year. if you want a deal, get in on the next GB. i do not anticipate selling the remaining stock to be an issue seeing as how long the wait for the next batch will be. those who are willing to pony up can still have this badass hood on their car THIS summer lol.

i promised everyone here some comp'ed Tshirts and those will come eventually. first things first.

94slowbra1

Established Member
Well you know where I stand. I can pay in full whenever for one of the extra 50/50. Just give me the word and I'll send payment. Thanks

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Well you know where I stand. I can pay in full whenever for one of the extra 50/50. Just give me the word and I'll send payment. Thanks

going to shoot you a pm today finally. just sold one yesterday (had one set aside for you lol). i think i will have one more left now. maybe two. if anyone else is interested.

i dropped the latch kits on yesterday. hopefully they start on them today but being a friday i doubt it lol. but they should start knocking them out right away. as balance/shipping payments come in they'll get a fire under their ass to at least get that hood done and on its way. :burn:

94slowbra1

Established Member
looking forward to it. got a big show at the end of june, should be good to go by then. thanks

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
yes sir got both of yours.

theyre still putting the latch kits on the hoods and then have to ship out as they are ready. plus it takes at least a week for them to process the shipments. everything they do is s.l.o.w...

but they'll be on their way soon.

2003 Venomous

Established Member
Steve, I see you received my payment and accounted for it; thanks. What is the process for shipping the hood? Once it is ready, do you confirm address and then ship? Tracking numbers and such.....just want to know when it is en route.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
just to reiterate, i NEED a phone number for fedex/ups. the hood will not ship without one. ED is strict about it. some people have sent $ without the number and i have to go back and contact them to get it. just another delay for that.

Steve, I see you received my payment and accounted for it; thanks. What is the process for shipping the hood? Once it is ready, do you confirm address and then ship? Tracking numbers and such.....just want to know when it is en route.

if i have the shipping address and phone number then that is what i will use. if you have moved, make sure you let me know.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i must STRESS. YOU should be there when the hood is delivered. YOU need to open it and inspect it for any shipping damages before signing for it. YOU should be the one to do this. not yo wife, not yo kids cuz ups/fedex out here rapin errybody! seriously though. i have had people leave it up to someone else who didnt get it done and then they claimed it was damaged afterwards. DO NOT SIGN FOR IT if the part the part is damaged. and by damaged i mean cracked/broken/etc from shipping. not a flaw in the finish or something like that. ive heard excuses that the UPS guy was in a hurry and didnt want to wait. tell him too bad. you paid $$$ for this hood and you dont want to get left out in the cold if it you open it later and its cracked because it will not be covered if that happens. if you do see damage, snap some pics with your cell and send the pics to me at [email protected] but DO NOT SIGN FOR IT. let the driver take it back with him. you will get a replacement hood.

unless....

i had one dumbass who though the FG finish wasnt up to par and refused the shipment. he was expecting it to be perfect like a painted part lol :nonono:. he ended up paying twice for the shipping because of that :bash:. although the FG hoods come out really smooth and nice, that was a different part. you only refuse delivery if the part appears damaged from shipping (cracked/broken).

we have quite a few hoods to ship out and quite a few to get latches put on still. i have ZERO idea which will ship in what order (of those paid). and it can take a week or so for them to process the shipment, on top of doing the latch. so it could take a week or two from when you pay for the s&h till the part ships out. i dont even know until the part is already on its way. i then get a text with tracking info, which i will then forward to you. ill try to get the tracking info as soon as possible to give you as much heads up as possible. be sure to check your pms daily for that.

if you are going to be going out of town or something think about letting your hood sit until you get back. as opposed to having your neighbor or bff sign for it. because if they screw that up for you they will prob not be your bff any more lol.

94slowbra1

Established Member
I believe you have all of my information, if not please let me know. Don't want any shipping delays from my end. Thanks

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
these damn hoods took so long that 3 people on the list have sold their cars before the hoods were ready to ship out! :bash:

no worries. i have no problem refunding anyone for these. its crazy they took so long and everyone was super patient and cool about it. i think some even forgot lol.

i will have another hood available if anyone is interested. ready to ship within a week or so. no waiting for the next batch which would be ready wellllll after summer is already over.

i didnt think about how big these are shipping wise. theyre shipping via freight. a couple of hoods shipped this week through a company called Pilot Freight. of course not all may ship via this company. they use a few different freight carriers im told.

once it does ship ill be PM'ing you with a tracking #.

since it takes about a week or so for the info to cross hands and the shipment to get processed and the hood to actually go out the door, be sure to have about a two week window from when youre ready to ship till it arrives. so YOU can be there when it is delivered and inspect it for shipping damages before you sign for it.

im contacting each person individually (who's paid up) to verify that they are ready to ship out. last thing i need is for the hood to go out and then you wont be there. ive had a couple of guys tell me already that they will be in and out for work/vacation and to just hang on to their hood for a minute. no problem at all. just be sure to contact me when its time as i cant chase after everyone according to their schedule lol.

svt'dup

SSWHAT???
Established Member
Heads up!!

So Con-Way came to deliver the hood today.... Ok cool we've all waited the guy gets out the truck shows me the invoice... C5 corvette front bumper couture edition.. I'm like let me see this box sure enough not a hood. Called extreme dimensions they apologized but affirm me they also sent the hood and gave me the correct order and tracking # however this guy is talking about a steeda hood. I called Steve no answer I'm sure he's a busy man. Just sharing my C5 corvette disappointment lol

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Heads up!!

So Con-Way came to deliver the hood today.... Ok cool we've all waited the guy gets out the truck shows me the invoice... C5 corvette front bumper couture edition.. I'm like let me see this box sure enough not a hood. Called extreme dimensions they apologized but affirm me they also sent the hood and gave me the correct order and tracking # however this guy is talking about a steeda hood. I called Steve no answer I'm sure he's a busy man. Just sharing my C5 corvette disappointment lol

sorry about that man. dont know what happened lol. seems like they go their shipments mixed up. ill get on it on my end

John M

Blue Oval
Established Member
Received the hood and it is ******* BADASS, I couldn't decide either to paint it or not because I'm getting my bumper cover repainted. I'm downloading the pics now to my computer and just a heads up to all I got the 50/50 hood and everything went good I'm going to raise the back of the hood a 1/8 and I'm still playing with the latch.
So the striker hole width is 1 1/2 oem and my hood the 50/50 is about 1 3/8 carefully setting the hood down on the safety latch are a bit wide for the hole I am going to grind the back down an 1/8 to help it along just eyeballing it I think that will solve it and I'm going to get a lighter spring that was mentioned on page 16 I believe. BTW super light and IMO flawless the vents look great no sharp corners and I'm liking the carbon fiber with the black I'm not a big fan of the way carbon fiber looks on hoods etc. but I'm going to drive it a bit and ENJOY. For Steve and racebronco2 and everybody else that helped make this happen hats off to you

IMG_0968.JPG

Last edited:

John M

Blue Oval
Established Member
IMG_0958.JPGIMG_0959.JPGIMG_0961.JPGIMG_0962.JPGIMG_0966.JPG

PS car is a bit dusty the wind picked up and I left the garage door open

Last pic was for my old lady she wanted to know what carbon fiber looked like

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread