Infineon Raceway this Labor Day, 9-5-05

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
mq-mapgend.gif

ok. those are the meeting places.
We'll take 92, 880, 580, 101 and 37.
this way is faster than having to go through 101 and through san francisco.
If you guys want to get together by 580 or so then please choose a meeting point right off the freeway so it'll be easy to find.
otherwise just meet us at the track. pm me for my cell # so we can all park together.
Should be a great turn out.

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
First meeting place (Foster City)
Ok, we'll be meeting at Orchard Supply Hardware in Foster City at 630AM SHARP. WE'll leave with however many people we have at 6:40 Sharp.

Orchard Supply Hardware
1010 Metro Center Boulevard
Foster City, CA 94404

IF you are on 92 going east,
You exit on foster city blvd. and there is no way of missing it, it'll be right off the freeway just drive straight into their lot.

If you are going west on 92,
take Foster City blvd. make a right at the light, make another right onto Foster City blvd. go over the bridge. make a right at the light. Orchard will be on your left hand side, so make a left into their parking lot.

Second Meeting place(hayward)
Please try to be there by 6:50am
we'll leave as soon as the people from the first meeting get there. (7am at the latest)
It will take us about 1 hour at 75mph to get to the track.
We should be arriving by hopefully 8am. (the gates open at 8am)

If you are coming on 880 take 92 east(not towards the san mateo bridge)
Make a right at the first street light you encounter (Santa Clara st.)
Make an imediate right into a small shopping center and park by the Radio shack store.

Hope to see everyone there.

mq-mapgend.gif

Impact 5.0

Established Member
VitaA1 said:
So, what all is up with the Infineon thing? 9venom9 do you wanna hook up and drive to meet up with the rest of the guys? Where you wanna meet at?

PM me your number and we can work something out, maybe some place in San ramon right off the freeway.

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
Woo hoo! Less than a week away!

Craig, what time do you guys think you'll pull into the raceway?

And just to confirm, you want me to set up our pit area in the same place I pitted last time with my other group of buds, correct?

Stewart

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Stewart_H said:
Woo hoo! Less than a week away!

Craig, what time do you guys think you'll pull into the raceway?

And just to confirm, you want me to set up our pit area in the same place I pitted last time with my other group of buds, correct?

Stewart

Hey Stewart, are you guys pitting on the far side?

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
Hey Stewart, are you guys pitting on the far side?

Not sure. But if it's the same place I pitted on the Fourth of July, then as you come in the gate, just before you get to the gas pumps, make a hard right onto the track. Stay to the right and follow it around the back of the staging lanes as the road track curves back to the left, north. This is also the return road.

Driving parallel to the 1/4 mile strip, which is now on your far left, follow the road until it opens up on the left side, just passed the concrete Jersey Barriers. I believe this is the NASCAR pit area.

As you turn left into the area, turn left again and pass the small building in the middle. This is a bathroom. You can see it in this pic, above the white car. My red Excursion is parked next to it. Continue towards the tower.
100_0483.gif

This is the area we'll be pitting. The grandstand is across the strip on the other side of the raceway.

Stewart

Last edited:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Stewart_H said:
Not sure. But if it's the same place I pitted on the Fourth of July, then as you come in the gate, just before you get to the gas pumps, make a hard right onto the track. Follow it around the back of the staging lanes as the road track curves back north. This is also the return road.

Driving parallel to the 1/4 mile strip, which is now on your far left, follow the road until it opens up on the left side, just passed the concrete Jersey Barriers. I believe this is the NASCAR pit area.

As you turn left into the area, turn left again and pass the small building in the middle (bathroom. You can see it in this pic, above the white car. My red Excursion is parked next to it.) and continue towards the tower.
100_0483.gif

This is the area we'll be pitting. The grandstand is across the strip on the other side of the raceway.

Stewart

Thanks Stewart. That's where I meant. :pepper:

Woooo Hoooooo!!! Legal burnouts and races. :burnout:

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Stewart_H said:
Come one, come all, this Labor Day, Monday September 5th to Infineon Raceway for a fantastic day of fun in the sun bracket racing!

Since the gates open at 8am, and I live almost 4 hours away, I'll be heading up on Sunday with my buddy.

I know a couple other guys will be there (Lightning Larry, 9Venom9) but it sure would be great to have a bunch of SVT's overrun the place! When I was there on the 4th of July, I was the only Lightning.

I for one can't wait to see what Larry's truck runs! :rockon: :D :beer:

Stewart

Sounds like fun.
I've never run the 1/4 mile.
Yeehaw! :banana:

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
It'll be difficult for me and Brandon to secure an area large enough to accomodate 10 to 15 cars, so I hope everyone arrives early! Gates open at 8am and I'm pretty sure the area we're pitting is a popular spot because it affords a quick and easy access to the starting line.

Craig, do you have a headcount on how many BMC and SVTOA peeps are attending?

Stewart

DJ HEARTLESS

THE OFFICIAL
Established Member
Stewart_H said:
It'll be difficult for me and Brandon to secure an area large enough to accomodate 10 to 15 cars, so I hope everyone arrives early! Gates open at 8am and I'm pretty sure the area we're pitting is a popular spot because it affords a quick and easy access to the starting line.

Craig, do you have a headcount on how many BMC and SVTOA peeps are attending?

Stewart

hey stewart whats this place like and what are their rules, :shrug: how far from L.A.... THANXS

Impact 5.0

Established Member
Stewy, rough idea total it looks like there might be up to 20 cars from all the sites, I know we plan on leaving at 7:10am so we should be there close to 8am, give me a call.

Take a look at this....
engine4sc.jpg

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
9Venom9 said:
Take a look at this....

Oh....

my.

That Vortech sure does make your engine look purdy! :pepper:

I can't wait to see your timeslips from that baby!

Stewart

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
Larry will you be meeting us at orchard or cruising on your own.
Let me know so i know who to expect.
Thanks a lot.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
jmir018 said:
Larry will you be meeting us at orchard or cruising on your own.
Let me know so i know who to expect.
Thanks a lot.

Your directions are different. Is this the same?

5. Bear onto US-101 NORTH toward SAN FRANCISCO - go 6.3 mi
6. Take the CA-92 exit toward HAYWARD/SAN MATEO BR - go 1.4 mi
7. Take ramp onto METRO CENTER BLVD - go 0.3 mi
8. Arrive at 1010 METRO CENTER BLVD, FOSTER CITY, on the left.

Users who are viewing this thread