In search for more aero

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I'm gonna say short of getting a true cobra R front bumper, a custom splitter from APR as well as their canards for the front would greatly increase your front end downforce and keep it planted at high speed. Just be sure to support the splitter on more than your plastic front lip because there is a ton of force on that thing at even normal speeds.

Anyone married raise their hand.

After downloading, printing out and test fitting APRs canards for the front of the Cobra, she said "You're gonna put those ugly things on that beautiful car!!??"
I knew in the tone of her voice there'll be no aero mods for me. I'll be tracking the brick that Ford built. Remember me as you go flying past. :cryying:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
got a picture of these revised end plates for the R wing?

Not sure why his splitter is off in this pic but I believe this is what he is running on the rear now.

BruceCobra-1-1.jpg

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member

After downloading, printing out and test fitting APRs canards for the front of the Cobra, she said "You're gonna put those ugly things on that beautiful car!!??"
I knew in the tone of her voice there'll be no aero mods for me. I'll be tracking the brick that Ford built. Remember me as you go flying past. :cryying:

Quoted for posterity. Bruce will be banning you shortly.

:lol::lol:

racebronco2

Established Member
Hey racebronco....

How much did it cost you to make that diffuser(if you were t finish it by putting on the fins)

I bought 4' x8' x18 gauge aluminum for $55.00 a sheet. I had them cut it in half x 6' long. So roughly $20.00 for the rear pan. It took about 4 hours to make the actual pan. But now i ave a pattern so it should only take a couple of hours. As far as the fins go i'm not sure when to buy material for it. If there was a plastic supply around me i'm sure they would have some abs about 1/2 think that would work.

AnaheimE

I'm a Wizard!
Established Member
I bought 4' x8' x18 gauge aluminum for $55.00 a sheet. I had them cut it in half x 6' long. So roughly $20.00 for the rear pan. It took about 4 hours to make the actual pan. But now i ave a pattern so it should only take a couple of hours. As far as the fins go i'm not sure when to buy material for it. If there was a plastic supply around me i'm sure they would have some abs about 1/2 think that would work.

how far forward are you going to make the diffuser extend into the car? How low and be sure to have between 8-12 degrees parallel to the road.

AnaheimE

I'm a Wizard!
Established Member

how far forward are you going to make the diffuser extend into the car? How low and be sure to have between 8-12 degrees parallel to the road.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member

I can't tell you how many times over the past three years since the modding began that my wife has told me I have ruined a beautiful car. ;-)

racebronco2

Established Member
pics of "r" wing and rear pan

Had to revise the mounting of the rear pan. I tried to make the front mount as simple as possibly but i speeds around 100mph cause it to slip out. I also took some pictures of the wing mounted. I had to use a couple of push-pins to cover over the holes where the factory spoiler was mounted. Just click on the image for a larger veiw.

Here is the revised solid front mount. It attached to the irs subframe where the rear dif mount is located

Here is a picture of the solid mount attached to the rear pan.

One last picture of the side/rear of the car.

racebronco2

Established Member
My wife's favorite qoute "What are you doing to that poor car now, why does it need that?" She then goes into the house just shaking her head.:shrug:

racebronco2

Established Member
That's why i needed to pick it up early. I wanted the rear pan finished aslo. Wanted to try it at buttonwillow on saturday but couldn't run because i forgot to notify them about me instructing. I did instruct but couldn't drive cause event was full. Did get to instruct in a lotus extige turbo. Was not impressed, full suspension upgrade but not tested and plowed when getting on the gas exiting turns. Good power but the owner was getting used to a new car set-up.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Carlos and those looking at going to a rear pan, are none of you having any IRS overheating issues and therefore need to have a diff cooler mounted under the rear? Or do you have a diff cooler in the trunk area?

Snake Eyes

Established Member
Carlos and those looking at going to a rear pan, are none of you having any IRS overheating issues and therefore need to have a diff cooler mounted under the rear? Or do you have a diff cooler in the trunk area?

If you are having diff heat issues I would look in to installing some isotropic finished gears and a non-clutch style differential before I went all out and built a diff cooler.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
I don't want to derail Carlos' thread, but I already have a diff cooler. That topic can be left to the Cobra R forum.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
That rear pic looks great! I love that you painted it black.

Do you have any more pics of the wing from different angles?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread