In case they miss the first sign.........

G-STANG

Established Member
As long as 06C6Z06 is bumping my dead threads, I might as well update the thread. No sooner than it was fixed, a first responder vehicle ignored the signs and.........

Ktt_20100731_3263a.jpg

Ktt_20100731_3262a.jpg

:lol: you think they would know about the bridge, but I guess not

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Did the first responder blow through the metal guard on the other side?

Stroszek

Goes to 11
Established Member
Did the first responder blow through the metal guard on the other side?

The guard at the other end is closer to 8 1/2 feet which probably gave a false sense of security when approaching the second but the vehicle is clearly over seven foot and 3 tons. The driver was a rookie who took a chance in taking this route during a priority one medical and subsequently ignored the limits of the bridge.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Owned! I surely hope he didn't give the cop some lame excuse why he didn't see those signs. Maybe he thought his RV trailer was only 6' tall. LOL!

Kevins89notch

Established Member
We have a railroad bridge like that. The height limit signs start MILES before the bridge & yet every few months a semi peels back his trailer. The local radio station sends a flunky to interview the poor trucker & they always ask: "Do you feel like a dumbass?"

The bridge has become known as the "Truck Eater".

I came in here just to post the same story. I grew up in the QC, and lived there until about 5 years ago. The amount of orange and reflective logos on that overpass is insane, and people still hit it.

edit: looks like it happened again just a month ago: http://www.wqad.com/news/wqad-truck-eating-bridge-davenport-062510,0,2990744.story

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread