In case they miss the first sign.........

Stroszek

Goes to 11
Established Member
KTT_20100531_3220-2.jpg

.......there's a second sign
KTT_20100531_3221-3.jpg

a third sign
KTT_20100531_3222-3.jpg

a fourth sign
KTT_20100531_3223-2.jpg

a fifth sign
KTT_20100531_3224-3.jpg

and there's even a sixth sign
KTT_20100531_3225-3.jpg

And if you miss all these..... there's still a seventh sign accompanied by a 6 x 6 steel structure anchored in concrete.
KTT_20100531_3226-3.jpg

This 123 year old covered bridge along with an 800 ft. causeway spans the St. Joseph just upriver from me. The longest covered bridge in use today in the state of Michigan, it underwent a $700,000 restoration last year. Part of the restoration included the steel structure at each end to discourage overweight and over-sized vehicles from stressing this historic landmark under their weight.

Still there are those who either still don't get it or believe these warnings are meant for someone other than themselves. As much as it pisses me off, today I had the satisfaction of seeing one of these "special people" get what they deserve. For starters, the truck alone is more than 3 tons and the travel trailer........ well the rest is self-explanatory.

KTT_20100531_3219.jpg

KTT_20100531_3212.jpg

Please pardon the crappy pics. Some were taken in the rain and the others through the dirty windshield of my truck. No attention was paid to the quality of the photograph. Just the subject.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Apparently he thought Yao Ming was taller than his trailer.

NoSVT's4me

Established Member
Does this fit the "YOU GOT SERVED" category? :lol:

Those signs are important though... Problem is, most people not driving a "real" big truck pay them no mind. That mistake won't be repeated by the driver in this case...

Loved the "Yoa Ming" comment! Classic. "Hey man... Are you short enough to fit under here without ducking?"... "No, and neither is your 10' tall trailer. Question is, can IT duck?"... "Idonno, lemme go find out. Seeya later." :thumbsup:

Travel trailer- $11,000
Bridge work- $700,000
Pictures of idiot trying to defy the odds- PRICELESS! :lol1:

Stroszek

Goes to 11
Established Member
Gee maybe he was to busy texting while driving and missed the signs, whooops!

Apparently he thought Yao Ming was taller than his trailer.

It was actually a she.

Is there an alternate route to avoid that bridge back when the signs start?

Yes. Three of them. There are even more signs ahead of these suggesting an alternate route but she must have missed those too. That or she just decided to continue on her merry way.

I've seen a few people with cargo trailers pull right up and realize they weren't going to make it only to have to back up the entire length of the narrow causeway to turn around. At least they had the presence of mind to abandon their efforts at that point.

Last edited:

tdschst

Established Member
was that yesterday? i was at our cottage in three rivers over the weekend, that was some horrible rain

Users who are viewing this thread