Impact of Terminator color on Price?

IA Shelby

Established Member
Just curious as to your opinions. I know this is highly subjective.

Assuming the cars were exactly the same, here is my opinion of what I tend to see in the market.

Base Car $25000

Comp Orange + $3000
Sonic Blue + 2000
Mystichrome +1500
OxFord White +1000
Screaming Yellow +750
DSG +500

Black Neutral
Redfire Neutral

Torch Red -500
Mineral Gray -1000
Silver -1000
Zinc Yellow - 2500

What do you guys think?? Personally I would be proud to own one in each color.

Zemedici

Established Member
Base car - $25000

Mystichrome - +2500
Comp O - +$2000
DSG - +2000
Sonic blue - +$1500
OW - +$1000

Redfire - neutral
Mineral Gray - neutral

Silver - -$500
TR - -$1000
Black - -$1500 (I'm particular about paint, so it's always dirty to me)
Any yellow - -$2000

Zemedici

Established Member
That's how I would price MY tastes, but yours do seem very accurate to real world prices :beer:

04cobra88

Established Member
Black is much nicer thn silver so why would black be neutral and silver be 500 more and I'm not just saying that because my car is black lol

IA Shelby

Established Member
This ranking wasn't based on which I color I liked best.

I own OW and if I bought a second one it would be either black or sonic blue most likely. just thought it might be an interesting thread.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Here is my opinion:

MC = $2500
SB/CO = $1500
SY/DSG/OW = $750
TR/BLK/SLVR = $ 0
RF/MG/ZY = $ -2000

4601S/C

Established Member
MC +$1000
SB +$750
CO +$500
SY +$500

OW/DSG/RF/MG/SLVR = Neutral

TR -$500
BLK -$750
ZY -$1000

matt87

Established Member
kinda a personal flavor thing. usually in general there is nothing special about white or silver cars.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
CO +$3000
MC +$2000
SB +$1000
OW +$800
DSG + $500
SY +$500

TR/RF/MG/Silver neutral

Black -$1000

ZY- $2500

You are going to pay a premium for a clean terminator but CO, MC, and SB even more. I do kind of wonder if ZY will command a premium in like twenty to thirty years from now. Also do you think a vert price would be different then a coupe?

IA Shelby

Established Member
If you recall I PM'd you a while back seeing if you would consider selling your car. Your Redfire...anyday!

mach14604

Established Member
Mineral Gray? Less Money? Run the numbers on the cars with that paint. Its pretty darn rare and hard to find. I would say added value or neutral for that color. MG is my number 2 choice in color.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
as mentioned it's completely subjective to each individuals personal tastes, but my guess is that a good indicator would be a combination of rarity and production #s along with popularity. regardless of the make or model folks are probably willing to pay a little more for the color they really want. (i know that i am)

the comp orange has consistently placed very high in the numerous color polls on here over the years, so to me, that, along with the low production numbers, probably makes the first list of the op pretty accurate

Peetiewonder

RoofGone GeorgeJefferson
Established Member
Mineral Gray? Less Money? Run the numbers on the cars with that paint. Its pretty darn rare and hard to find. I would say added value or neutral for that color. MG is my number 2 choice in color.

Rarity doesn't necessarily add value. i have a Satin Silver, which is the rarest color on the Terminator, but that doesn't really add value to anyone but me lol. Mineral Gray is one of the ugliest to come on the terminator.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Comp Orange / Mystichrome +2k-3k (Unless it's a CO Vert - then it's +10k, according to TVS VERT)
Sonic Blue + 1k
OxFord White +500
DSG +500

Black Neutral
Redfire Neutral
S Yellow Neutral
Torch Red Neutral

Silver - 1k
Mineral Gray 1-2k
Zinc Yellow - 2.5 -3k

There's no way Torch should be ranked below Redfire. I have seen want to buy adds that say Torch Red is one of the colors they will consider, never seen one that says Redfire. Problem is sometimes redfire looks like hotpinkfire in pics. Sort of how Torch can look Orange (not CO, but more orange than red) in some pics.

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
Since I ordered my 03 Cobra specifically to get the Zinc Yellow.

Bite me!

But I should have bought the leftover 04 Mystichrome I saw for 6k off of list in 05. Brand new. Still had all the wrappers on everything. Then I would have two of them. So no matter how long one was tied up with mods I would have the other one to drive.

Pruitt146

Established Member
Since I ordered my 03 Cobra specifically to get the Zinc Yellow.

Bite me!

But I should have bought the leftover 04 Mystichrome I saw for 6k off of list in 05. Brand new. Still had all the wrappers on everything. Then I would have two of them. So no matter how long one was tied up with mods I would have the other one to drive.

Agreed 100%. I love my 03 ZY vert and with all the black features on the car I get tons of compliments.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
For sure Mystichrome and Competition Orange command a premium as far as book value. There is always a demand for those two colors. That's about where I'd stop. Then factors such as mileage, condition, mods play more into the price. JMO though.

Users who are viewing this thread