Impact of Terminator color on Price?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
For sure Mystichrome and Competition Orange command a premium as far as book value. There is always a demand for those two colors. That's about where I'd stop. Then factors such as mileage, condition, mods play more into the price. JMO though.

+1 I agree with this.

Everyone has there favorite colors. I don't think price is totally subjective to the color of the car. I personally don't know if I'd take a mystichrome because I don't like the color inserts on the seats. I don't mine comp orange but not sure if I'd eventually get sick of having a orange car. My first choice probably would go like this, SB, DSG, and RF.

1S1K

Wicked Slow
Established Member
^^^^^ :lol::lol::lol: There's no way my car would have made this much power if it was another color!!! ;-)

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Comp orange, mystic chrome and sonic blue are the most sot out after and get a bump as far as price.

I personally have black and have always wanted my cobra to be black. Its such a pain to keep clean. But when she is clean, I don't think anything looks better.

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
Comp orange, mystic chrome and sonic blue are the most sot out after and get a bump as far as price.

I personally have black and have always wanted my cobra to be black. Its such a pain to keep clean. But when she is clean, I don't think anything looks better.
I agree I think the only colors people really are willing to pay "more" for are Comp. Orange, Mystichrome, and Sonic Blue. Maybe, just maybe Dark shadow gray. But as already mentioned that all comes down to overall condition, modifications, mileage and the buyer, of course.

cobra-k

Established Member
I believe that the MC would be the highest valued cobra any day. Even tho that it has a higher production rate than some other colors, it is only offered in 2004 and only in a svt. Opposed too every other color that can be purchased in later/same year GT models.

SuperBlownGT

Forever CoBro!
Established Member
I would trade my ZY coupe in a minute for a sb, mystic, or comp o. And of course add cash :lol:

blwn89gt

Established Member
My 03 is ZY and I get nothing but compliments. It's amazing the dislike towards yellows. I prefer mineral grey too.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
For sure Mystichrome and Competition Orange command a premium as far as book value. There is always a demand for those two colors. That's about where I'd stop. Then factors such as mileage, condition, mods play more into the price. JMO though.

I would have to agree with this. To me it seems like CO pulls a little more premium over the MC.

black 10th vert

Established Member

I agree, and like you, it was the ONLY color for me personally. Yes it is a pain to keep clean, but there is just something special about a well detailed black car...

black 10th vert

Established Member
My 03 is ZY and I get nothing but compliments. It's amazing the dislike towards yellows. I prefer mineral grey too.

Its not really that there is a lot of dislike towards yellows, its just that in general, yellow is a very polarizing color that people either love, or hate. Most other colors are more "neutral" in people's minds where they might have a preference, but wouldn't "hate" a blue, red, black, or whatever. I personally like SY, but for my "only" Cobra (if there was going to be just one), it had to be black.

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
Another vote for CO and MC being the top two most value added colors but SB is a close third. Good point above on CO being available on other Ford models. Some people tend to forget that, or just not realize it. I don't agree redfire is a color that would diminish value though, red is still red and this being a candy apple version, that draws us older fans.

I have owned two mystichromes, one sonic blue and a redfire for the record. Loved em all.

SC Heaven

Red Whine
Established Member
I love my Redfire, although it wasn't my first choice when I was shopping. Just didn't have the patience (or the extra money) to hold out for SB. But if I were to buy today it would be SB or CO all the way.

cj428mach

Established Member
OW, SB, SY, TR are the colors I would pay a premium for.

The rest I would pay market value except

ZY and MC. A friend had a Mystic Teal Fbody and while the color shifting is cool, its still was a purple car at times.

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
I actually like Redfire and oxford my top 2, I bough another color because I prefer to buy a car with low miles in mint condition and a book of records in my price range, sort of like I prefer blondes and my wife has dark hair lol

Last edited:

dom418

Established Member
For me condition and mileage trumps color any day.

One thing is for sure, coupes are in higher demand than verts.

Users who are viewing this thread