I'm officially making the move to ditch DirecTV.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Yeah for how long? They will jack it up again. I contacted ATT to get a lower price and when that did not work said I was going to cancel. The guy called my bluff and said thank you for being a customer have a great day lol! In the past I was able to get it down but I think I have spoiled the bastards by paying diligently the past few years without negotiating. I'll see if I can get a better deal from Xfinity but my wife really likes the Uverse interface. Xfinity's guide fonts are too small and less legible.
For as long as it takes. As soon as they raise it up I’ll call and if they don’t lower it I’m a gone.

lilcoop03

Established Member
Guys, get yourself the GearsTV apk app on a firestick and thank me later.

$15.50/month, hundreds of HD channels, even PPV and adult stuff.

Ive been using it for 6 months now and its the best thing to happen as far as TV goes.

quad

Established Member
For as long as it takes. As soon as they raise it up I’ll call and if they don’t lower it I’m a gone.
My wife called Wowway a few years ago and told them maybe they should change their name to Won't lol! They gave her the discount. I'll see if she has better luck with ATT.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
We have the commercial free Hulu. It's worth the extra $. With any of the Hulu services I don't see the need for a DVR if it's major network content. They usually have it available the next day. We were DVRing everything on DTV or cable just to watch it the next day or later. I was like why? Let's just get Hulu.

Netflix is a must also IMO. Lots of great original content.
I am going with the commercial-free Hulu. It's not that much more expensive. ;)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Guys, get yourself the GearsTV apk app on a firestick and thank me later.

$15.50/month, hundreds of HD channels, even PPV and adult stuff.

Ive been using it for 6 months now and its the best thing to happen as far as TV goes.
Wow! That's one rich HD channel selection. I guess it's $10.00 the first month. I couldn't find what the price would be after the trial/promotion. $15.50?

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
That's the 'Roku Streaming Stick'. I was going to get the 'Roku Streaming Stick +' with 4K capability. Or the 'Roku Ultimate' which has, I think, a Cloud DVR. I use my DirecTV DVR a lot so I'm thinking I'll need one.

The Roku is great to the point where I'm buying the 4k/HDR one since it is only a few dollars more.

I'll tell you what. If you want a like new, (in the box) only used on Thanksgiving Day then retired when it let me down, Fire Stick with Alexa voice control, to see if it suits you, I will give you one on the house.

lilcoop03

Established Member
Wow! That's one rich HD channel selection. I guess it's $10.00 the first month. I couldn't find what the price would be after the trial/promotion. $15.50?

Yes, I've been paying $15.50/ month for several months now. I hope it never goes away bc I'm telling you, this is the absolute best deal you can get to stream tv! Bascially any channel you can think of, you name it. Even all movie channels, HBO, showtime, etc.. Fox News, outdoor channel, MAV TV, alllll kinds of stuff. I LOVE it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The more I check GearsTV out, the more I do like what it has to offer. Huge bang for the buck!

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
YouTube has a live stream.
Youtube TV.

Got it because it was the cheapest option for F1. They give you 6 devices to put it on, so myself and my wife have it and we gave the other 4 to friends.

Unlimited DVR is great too, we just have 2 chromecasts that we stream through.

$40/month.

Anyone using Apple TV or Apple TV 4K?

I had an Apple TV that was free, it worked fine for probably 2 years then started getting weird, unless you want to mirror your phone directly to the TV there are similar casting options for quite a bit cheaper.

I will say one of our chromecasts didn't work for very long, it seems to have issues maintaining an internet connection. The other one works perfect.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Dont forget with an antenna you can get all the local channels for free, and its all uncompressed so the picture is absolutely incredible.

On the Roku, consider the Ultra if you can get hard wired Ethernet to it. Why not give it the best pipeline it can get, by passing WiFi

As for Apple TV, after all the announcements yesterday, might become more relevant, but sounded like many upcoming features are still months out. Choice get easier if you an "apple guy" (phone etc).

quad

Established Member
Dont forget with an antenna you can get all the local channels for free, and its all uncompressed so the picture is absolutely incredible.

On the Roku, consider the Ultra if you can get hard wired Ethernet to it. Why not give it the best pipeline it can get, by passing WiFi

As for Apple TV, after all the announcements yesterday, might become more relevant, but sounded like many upcoming features are still months out. Choice get easier if you an "apple guy" (phone etc).
We have the Roku 3 which still works really well for Amazon Video and Netflix. The Apple TV3 is a paperweight. Really slow with Netflix - takes 20-30 seconds to load a show vs the nearly instant load on Roku 3 on a gigabit fiber connection!. All our devices are hardwired with CAT6.

In the living room we have a Nvidia Shield which is of course great and I use it mostly for Kodi since the TV has built-in Netflix / Amazon Video and also hardwired with CAT6. The Roku Ultra is a little less than half the price of the Shield. What do you think of the Shield vs Roku Ultra?

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
I called directv to cancel it and they lowered my bill so much I kept it.

I think it’s under $40 a month with tree drvs but no movie channels but I have a fire stick for that.

I did the same thing. Got up over $150 a month and called to cancel and got it back down to $90. This is for their Ultimate package. I can live with that but if they start jacking it up again I won't hesitate to cancel.

Same thing with internet. Called Verizon when they went from $40 a month to $70 or $80 and all I asked was what can you do for me, and they dropped it right back to $40. Didn't take any haggling at all with them.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
.....As for Apple TV, after all the announcements yesterday, might become more relevant, but sounded like many upcoming features are still months out. Choice get easier if you an "apple guy" (phone etc).

I mentioned Apple TV because they just got an tvOS update and the product/service gets high marks. Especially the remote. Two downsides are it is more expensive and it doesn't play 4K YouTube videos. Neither are product killers for me. I love my iPhone X-Max and I like the fact that my iPhone would be easily tied into Apple TV. Decisions. Decisions.

lilcoop03

Established Member
The more I check GearsTV out, the more I do like what it has to offer. Huge bang for the buck!

Its the only way to go brother..

Did I mention the pay per view and adult channels are included and you don't pay extra for them??

You also get all kinds of international channels from all over the world.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

I get something like 40 local channels with my antenna setup. Once you watch sport OTA you'll never want to go back to anything else.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Also, if anyone is looking for an antenna I have an extra one I can part with.

That's very nice.

Hey Travis you still have your 6.4 SD? I have a fuel filter set I'll send you. PM me if you need one still. Got rid of mine.

Users who are viewing this thread