If you're a car salesman post up!

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Been selling Honda's for 4 years now and love it. Honda's are some of the easiest cars to sell because most of their buyers are well educated people that make good money with good credit.

Lol wait to you sell a high end brand...

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member
this makes me LOL, the people that say we are scumbags are the same ones who believe everything they see on t.v. People have no idea how the car business works and they dont realize that this is how we pay our bills. Im straight commission only, so guess what, I dont sell enough cars, I dont make my house payment, or my car payment.

And on the other side of the coin, no one wants to spend more of their hard earned money just because of some car salesmen wants to play games.

I wish dealers were just straight priced like pretty much everything else in this country.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I wish dealers were just straight priced like pretty much everything else in this country.

Depends where you go.

Most of my dealers have gone to one price. Customers get mad they cant negotiate. But yet some customers say they don't want to haggle.

It goes bother ways realt.

90goldtsiawd

Established Member
Depends where you go.

Most of my dealers have gone to one price. Customers get mad they cant negotiate. But yet some customers say they don't want to haggle.

That's the trend we've gone to in used cars now. Some people don't realize or actually have a clue what a good deal is, they just want to see you take $10k off the price.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's the trend we've gone to in used cars now. Some people don't realize or actually have a clue what a good deal is, they just want to see you take $10k off the price.

Agreed 100%. No matter what your first price is, they want it lower.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Depends where you go.

That's b/c the set prices are still super high. That's been my experience anyway.

Kiohtee

Established Member
If your price is super high, yes, I'm gonna want it lower.

Kiohtee

Established Member
You call it ignorance. I call it common sense. I'm not going to pay $5,000 for a car I can get for $4,000 down. I'm not too lazy to shop around for a good deal.

This too.

I'm not gonna pay $12,000 for a car that NADA and KBB have valued at $11,300 and Black Book at $10,500. At that point you're not trying to make a living, you're trying to rip someone off.

CFRMSVT

Established Member
Will Pritchett General Manager from Capital Ford in Rocky Mount! Let me know if I can ever help anyone out. We always discount our cars...no "bump" stickers here :)
Thanks, 919-369-3821 or [email protected]
We sell FRPP, Steeda, and Roush parts for 10% over cost. Free shipping on most items.

90goldtsiawd

Established Member
If your price is super high, yes, I'm gonna want it lower.
You call it ignorance. I call it common sense. I'm not going to pay $5,000 for a car I can get for $4,000 down. I'm not too lazy to shop around for a good deal.
This too.

I'm not gonna pay $12,000 for a car that NADA and KBB have valued at $11,300 and Black Book at $10,500. At that point you're not trying to make a living, you're trying to rip someone off.

And where are you assuming every dealer is doing that? Do you think one single customer like either of yourselves puts in anywhere near the time and effort to theorize what any single car on OUR lots should have an asking price of? Do you think these numbers are just pulled out of thin air? WE are the professionals. This is OUR job. Too many people like yourselves generalize that dealers are clueless from watching shitty car salesman movies.

The dealership where I work for example, whom my father is the Used Car Manager of, uses a program that monitors what any given car on our lot is selling for compared to others like it in a given range that we select(~200 miles avg) and rates our vehicle's price from there. We list our cars to be in the top 3-5 on average for pricing for like vehicles(mileage/condition/carfax/etc.). On average our pricing is thousands below what you know-it-alls believe to be the bible in KBB, Edmunds, Yahoo Autos, NADA, etc. We monitor what these cars sell for at auction as well EVERY week. This is how we justify one set fair price for our vehicles as we've done all the work for you and you don't have to waste time/energy/stress to negotiate.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
That's b/c the set prices are still super high. That's been my experience anyway.

No, in most cases I see. It's market based. They use tools such as Vauto, AAX, and First look to make sure they are priced below the market average. Making it a fair deal for both the consumer and the dealer

If they do it another way. And over inflate the prices. It simply doesn't work, as creates a poor consumer experience.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Maybe YOU, the PROFESSIONAL, missed the part where we said in OUR EXPERIENCES? Well, there goes your shitty car salesmen movies theory, right out the window.

So again, in my experiences, these dealerships with the no haggle pricing are STILL above what the cars are actually selling for and other usable tools such as KBB, NADA, and Black Book (all of which are very helpful GUIDANCE tools). If the dealership you work at does it different, awesome. But please don't feed me the "Every dealer/salesman is just trying to make a living" BS. I'm not feeding you the "Every dealership/salesman is the same scam artist" cookie am I?

90goldtsiawd

Established Member
Maybe YOU, the PROFESSIONAL, missed the part where we said in OUR EXPERIENCES? Well, there goes your shitty car salesmen movies theory, right out the window.

So again, in my experiences, these dealerships with the no haggle pricing are STILL above what the cars are actually selling for and other usable tools such as KBB, NADA, and Black Book (all of which are very helpful GUIDANCE tools). If the dealership you work at does it different, awesome. But please don't feed me the "Every dealer/salesman is just trying to make a living" BS. I'm not feeding you the "Every dealership/salesman is the same scam artist" cookie am I?

How else would you describe your posts?

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member

Was this directed at me?

Even if it wasnt- ill just say that every market is different. In my experience, in my market- one priced is market based. Not inflated. Dealers with inflated pricing should go out of business as far as I'm concerned

90goldtsiawd

Established Member
Was this directed at me?

Even if it wasnt- ill just say that every market is different. In my experience, in my market- one priced is market based. Not inflated. Dealers with inflated pricing should go out of business as far as I'm concerned

And they probably will too.

Kiohtee

Established Member
How else would you describe your posts?

That I have had experiences where that's been the case. I've bought three cars from three different dealerships without a hitch. But do you wanna know, out of those three experiences, how many shitty dealerships/salesmen I had to deal with before finding those deals? A LOT!

I'm well aware that there's good dealerships. Like I said, I've bought three different cars from three of them, but in my experience the set-in-stone no haggle pricing dealerships I've come across have been less than spectacular people/businesses. Congrats on being different, I wish more would follow suit and I wish you the best!

Was this directed at me?

No it wasn't and I agree. :)

Users who are viewing this thread