If you're a car salesman post up!

03SonicBlueGT

Hear Me?!
Established Member
It's a shame there are dealerships out there that will email customers / prospects shit like that. It's them that give great dealerships a bad name.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Was just emailing back & forth with a local dealer on a car. He didn't like my offer which is fine. I said no thank you & went on my merry way. He kept emailing me trying to talk me into it. I again said no thank you. Then I get this...

Maybe he thinks his $8k car is a 6 figure exotic?

Contact the owner.

Marc

Established Member
I have been buying cars for 30 years now. I have to say that I have had more bad experiences than good with car salesmen. In the past 2 years I have had one good one and two bad experiences.

I bought my new Shelby from a dealer in KS and Randy was absolutely great. No BSing me, gave the car to me at MSRP and worked with me in every possible manner.

I recently bought my wife a new Hyandai Elantra. Original salesman was cool. And after I dropped the pre-approved check on him for our agreed upon price, another salesmen runs in all excited, "You didn't sell that car did you? I already have a buyer for it at (insert price)!". I stand up, quote, unquote "Sell the F'n thing to him! I will go next door and buy the other car we were looking at!". He immediately exits stage left and never heard from him again. I hate these games.

Something similar happened when we negotiating a deal on a SUV. Had a agreed price. Then another salesmen walks in and says, "Sorry, but this is a new salesmen and we absolutely cannot sell that car to you at that price". I said, really? If you don't, I will walk next door and buy that Toyota Rav 4 we were looking at. He didn't believe me. He was really being a asshole. We walked next door, I bought it, and drove it through their lot to show them I was serious.

As in anything, there are good and bad people. This is a pretty good site if you are looking at buying a new or used cars: Car Buying Guide for New and Used Vehicles | CarBuyingtips.com

I don't know if it still lists some of the dirty tactics of salesmen, but it used too. I have experienced many things they mention on that website. I am not a car salesman hater. I do expect them to make some money to pay the bills, but I don't expect them to make thousands off me.

Users who are viewing this thread