If you're a car salesman post up!

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Seems like there is a decent amount of people in the business that post here. Might as well post up what you sell and your location in case we can help any members here out? Don't need to post your store in case that violates sponsor rules.

I sell Volvo's here in NJ.

Last edited:

yuke175

Established Member
I sell Fords here in MA

Two special cars we currently have

666A2E6B-862B-492A-B3BF-0FFC488FD23D-7984-000003DB9B68AE05_zps87c548fe.jpg

17140274-250F-4F4D-9B4F-E74043AD583B-2039-000000B6B4385782_zps6221cb49.jpg

Zemedici

Established Member
I do Ford Parts in Marietta, GA.

Feel Free to PM me if you every need anything. I will be glad to hook up SVTP members!

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
I sell Chevrolet in tarpon springs florida however will be moving for a bigger opportunity to a Toyota store in tampa

Mxfrench

Established Member
I sold cars for a few months could not lie or be cut throat so I moved to Service. Since I have worked Nissan,Mitsubishi,Ford and Now Dodge service.

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
I was a salesmen for 9 years. I am 29yr old now. I did 7 years selling Mitsubishi and Dodge, I learned from a cut throat dealership and survived with the old timers tryin to skate everyone or thought every person that walked in the showroom was their customer. Now I have 2 years at my current dealership Chevy. I am now the used car manager for the past year. much better place. 9 salesmen we have. average 100 total a month. waaay less drama

Last edited:

blackfang

Established Member
I started off at a Ford dealership is sales but left and got into the service side of it and have been doing so for 10 years. Now I work for a Toyota dealer.

only a gt

Established Member
I'm as close to a salesman as we have at the Ford dealership I work at, although I wear many hats. There are only 7 of us employed here, including the owner. Any particular day I can find myself doing anything from selling a vehicle to pumping gas to maintenance/yardwork to changing tires or servicing a vehicle. We can't sell anything for a couple hundred over invoice like a mega-dealer can, because that would mean duping another customer in over-paying to compensate. However, we do give everyone a fair price, and we are always honest.

Zemedici

Established Member
I'm as close to a salesman as we have at the Ford dealership I work at, although I wear many hats. There are only 7 of us employed here, including the owner. Any particular day I can find myself doing anything from selling a vehicle to pumping gas to maintenance/yardwork to changing tires or servicing a vehicle. We can't sell anything for a couple hundred over invoice like a mega-dealer can, because that would mean duping another customer in over-paying to compensate. However, we do give everyone a fair price, and we are always honest.

man i wish i worked there. White collar dealerships suck.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member

This is why I can't sell cars. I'd love to do it, but can't stand the games that the big dealerships play with people. Up selling, unnecessary add-ons, high pressure selling, and my number one biggest issue is selling somebody a car you know they can't afford.

stang5_o2002

Established Member
My dad owns and operates a small used car lot in southern Ohio. Worked there from age 14-34. I'm 35 now and took an I-T position at a hospital. This economy was killing the car business in our area and it was getting harder and harder to get a paycheck.

2001GTTT

Yellow is faster
Established Member
This is why I can't sell cars. I'd love to do it, but can't stand the games that the big dealerships play with people. Up selling, unnecessary add-ons, high pressure selling, and my number one biggest issue is selling somebody a car you know they can't afford.

if they cant afford it, the bank wont buy them. people think that just because we sell the car for whatever amount that means the person bought the car. wrong, the banks make the final call based on credit score, debt to income, etc.

rxpwhistler1

HP Junkie
Established Member
car sales

I sell Range Rover's, Porsche and Audi here in Birmingham, MI. Always up for hooking up SVTP members if you're in the market for a Rover, R8 or 911 :beer:

Kiohtee

Established Member
And now I know why there's been so many "Scammed" threads lately. :p

only a gt

Established Member
man i wish i worked there. White collar dealerships suck.

I am very fortunate to work here. It's great to be treated as a person first, and an employee second.

I hear horror stories from people coming in here all the time. It's sad how many come in here on the defensive before I even say hello. It feels really good to actually just help someone get the car they want at their own pace, rather than trying to scam someone into as much vehicle as you can. I've never once heard the word quota from my boss.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
I am very fortunate to work here. It's great to be treated as a person first, and an employee second.

I hear horror stories from people coming in here all the time. It's sad how many come in here on the defensive before I even say hello. It feels really good to actually just help someone get the car they want at their own pace, rather than trying to scam someone into as much vehicle as you can. I've never once heard the word quota from my boss.

I am fortunate like you as well. Only 4 salesman total in my store(3 right now) and its family owned and operated. I'm 3rd generation in the car business and know how truly rare it is to be able to work at place like I do.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I am fortunate like you as well. Only 4 salesman total in my store(3 right now) and its family owned and operated. I'm 3rd generation in the car business and know how truly rare it is to be able to work at place like I do.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2

3rd Gen here as well. My grandpa started the dealership in 1974, my dad took over in 1992, and he's getting near the end of his career.

We are a cookie cutter family owned store. One of my aunts is a receptionist and the other is the office manager.

Users who are viewing this thread