If you did it all over again,,,WHAT MOD WOULD YOU HAVE SKIPPED???

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
It's Jimmy, Nothing can kill him.....:bowdown:

LOL! I don't know what is going on with that but it truly seems like my generous team of guardian angles are all former Navy Seals at the very least!:rockon::beer::bowdown:

You should have seen how shortened up that 1st gen Expedition was that T-boned my 02 Grand Marquis. CRAZY!:eek::uh oh:

9secondko

9secondko
Established Member
Saw a couple misleading posts here.

If someone is looking for mods to skip, the shifter is NOT one to skip. It should be one of the first. The stock shifter is atrocious. Missed 2-3 shifts is guaranteed on the stocker.

I have only had experience switching to the mgw. Night and day. The mgw gives precise short shifts and I've yet to miss ANY gear.

Perhaps some here may have noticed little to no difference after switching from a triax. But that doesn't represent truly modding from stock.

Unless you bought a car with the shifter already changed, DON'T skip the shifter!

9secondko

9secondko
Established Member
I would have skipped installing my FTBR IRS kit. Didnt fix my clunk like advertised, nor did it fix my wheel hop like advertised. I wish I would have just gotten another GT. No turning back now, Ive got too much invested.

I had the clunk too.

Check these three things:

1) driveshaft pinion angle.
2) torque on the diff mount.
3) make sure your IRS has the correct size bolts.

My diff mount needed to be tightened up quite a bit. That solved the issue.

Hopefully that's of some help. Then again you may have already done these things?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread