If you could...

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I think we've all made decision(s) with that thought in mind.

In 2011, I met a millionaire who gave me the following advice: "If you lose a penny, that penny is lost for good. You can make a billion more, but the one you lost is never coming back."

That can be interpreted all different ways, but the context was basically that you only have so many working years. You only have so much income. It feels like income is endless because it's in the future, but the paychecks end one day, one way or another... Unless your money is making money faster than you're spending it.

I also like to tell folks who interpret that sort of saying incorrectly, the dirt you're buried in is no different than any other persons.

You don't ascend to heaven on golden chariots because you were finally successful. You just have a nicer box to lay in. Otherwise, the most value you have when you're dead is the people standing around you.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Unfortunately because of family issues Ive been on my own since 17 and am late to the game. I had to survive and retirement was a long way down the road. Wife will retire with full state of Texas retirement and Im busy trying to get my shit together to get a taste of the pie
What are the state of Texas retirement benefits? I ask because my lady works for the the sate here in AZ. 1 year down, 19 to go for her for full retirement benefits.

Of course, ive always wanted to go see Texas and maybe.. juuusstttt maybe relocate there in the future. Toyota North America is in Plano and when I get tired of being at the dealer level, Toyota corporate would be a welcome opportunity.

Its a moot point though if she leaves Arizona and cant get to the same level of income and benefits.

CV355

_
Established Member
I also like to tell folks who interpret that sort of saying incorrectly, the dirt you're buried in is no different than any other persons.

You don't ascend to heaven on golden chariots because you were finally successful. You just have a nicer box to lay in. Otherwise, the most value you have when you're dead is the people standing around you.

That's true too. Knowing the guy, he had been humbled by some rather upsetting losses and was living more minimalist in his retirement days.

The best legacy you can leave is people who are better having known you. People you taught, coached, counseled...

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I just hope at least one person throws my ashes in the ocean. That would be cool.

I guess if I changed things.. maybe reconciling with my mother or father, or trying when I was younger to actually associate with family.

At this point.. **** it

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
The best legacy you can leave is people who are better having known you. People you taught, coached, counseled...

Agree 100%.

I guess if I changed things.. maybe reconciling with my mother or father, or trying when I was younger to actually associate with family.

Those feelings get stronger exponentially as you get older.

01yellercobra

Established Member
There's only a couple things and both are tied to each other. I'd tell myself not to give up on the main dream to be a fighter pilot. Which would have meant leaving my parents right after high school so I could go to college. Which probably would have benefitted everything instead of me being a crutch for them.

FJohnny

Established Member
I just hope at least one person throws my ashes in the ocean. That would be cool.

At this point.. **** it

Two things:

- If they legalize human cloning you can throw your own ashes into the ocean. Just make sure you treat your clone really well or you just might choose to flush yourself.
- If you haven't done much family shit for quite awhile you never know... they and/or you might not be the dick you remember. If it's really something you feel you would like to have changed maybe you should give it a try. At some point you no longer have the option once they/you pack it. If you try it and it doesn't work what have you lost?

It would suck to be out of time but full of regret.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Two things:

- If they legalize human cloning you can throw your own ashes into the ocean. Just make sure you treat your clone really well or you just might choose to flush yourself.
- If you haven't done much family shit for quite awhile you never know... they and/or you might not be the dick you remember. If it's really something you feel you would like to have changed maybe you should give it a try. At some point you no longer have the option once they/you pack it. If you try it and it doesn't work what have you lost?

It would suck to be out of time but full of regret.

At the end of the day. Conversations are a 2 way street. If they don’t want to talk either. Oh well

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
What are the state of Texas retirement benefits? I ask because my lady works for the the sate here in AZ. 1 year down, 19 to go for her for full retirement benefits.

Of course, ive always wanted to go see Texas and maybe.. juuusstttt maybe relocate there in the future. Toyota North America is in Plano and when I get tired of being at the dealer level, Toyota corporate would be a welcome opportunity.

Its a moot point though if she leaves Arizona and cant get to the same level of income and benefits.

Down here i have 12 yrs with the state i and im going to do 8 more to make my 20. After that Im going to receive a small check that is based off my 3 highest paying years and once i hit 55 Im insured for life. My wife is under the Teachers Retirement System and its a better setup than even i got. Her contributions are matched at a higher amount, her insurance is the best money cant buy because she has a insurance only they can get and so forth.

With her going back to school they are flipping the bill to the tune of 30g and numerous other things.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Down here i have 12 yrs with the state i and im going to do 8 more to make my 20. After that Im going to receive a small check that is based off my 3 highest paying years and once i hit 55 Im insured for life. My wife is under the Teachers Retirement System and its a better setup than even i got. Her contributions are matched at a higher amount, her insurance is the best money cant buy because she has a insurance only they can get and so forth.

With her going back to school they are flipping the bill to the tune of 30g and numerous other things.

My lady has a similar plan, good to know.

So now I just got to convince her to move before shes got more than a few years in! :D

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I would have ditched my "best friend" of 20 years a long time ago and never went with him to help him start his company by basically running it for him while he slept in until 2pm every day and did everything else except work. I also mostly stood by while he lied his ass off to people about who he was when he told everyone that he was a private militsry contractor who just so happened to have zero military experience. I kept telling myself that he was lying to them and not me cause I thought I knew him so well. Turns out he was telling lies about me behind my back saying that I stole money out of his safe to pay for car parts when actually it was him taking a grand from me that I had in the safe to buy Percocets and Adderol, and he was telling some mutual friends that they shouldn't talk to me because when we were younger that I was a rich kid that bullied him (He's older and bigger than me). He worked for my parents at the skating rink when he was a kid and I was the first one to befriend him and his brothers who were socially sheltered because they came from a super strict and abusive religious household. I had all kinds of people telling me after I walked away what he was saying and I wish they would have told me sooner.

Things came to a sudden stop when he accused me of sleeping with my sister in law on a night when he was out of town and my brother asked me to take her to to her friends house to grab something while he stayed and watched the kids. Claimed he had video evidence of her and I fooling around on their bed except he didnt have any cameras in his room and the time he is making up was when I was trying to rock his own daughter to sleep while my sister in law was on the other side of the room getting my neice to sleep. His gf got home and came upstairs to take over for me but instead of telling him that was what we were doing she told him we were on the bed together fooling around. My brother was downstairs during all of this keep in mind. The shit he was saying was absolutely absurd and I unleashed on him when it blew up. Called him out for everything... about being a fake contractor and lying about basically his entire life while being a manipulative and unappreciative person. Shit still pisses me off when I think about it, but I think I came out for the better. I think most of our mutual friends took my side because I had the evidence but they still stick with him because he is the one people gravitate towards, but they are doing the same thing I did. They are believing he wont do to them what he did to me, but so far he has lost all of his closest friends for the exact same thing. He just finds new ones to manipulate and lie to.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
We all say we regret this or that, but we never think about the fact if we went back and changed things how it would effect our present situation.

Butterfly Effect.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I would have ditched my "best friend" of 20 years a long time ago and never went with him to help him start his company by basically running it for him while he slept in until 2pm every day and did everything else except work. I also mostly stood by while he lied his ass off to people about who he was when he told everyone that he was a private militsry contractor who just so happened to have zero military experience. I kept telling myself that he was lying to them and not me cause I thought I knew him so well. Turns out he was telling lies about me behind my back saying that I stole money out of his safe to pay for car parts when actually it was him taking a grand from me that I had in the safe to buy Percocets and Adderol, and he was telling some mutual friends that they shouldn't talk to me because when we were younger that I was a rich kid that bullied him (He's older and bigger than me). He worked for my parents at the skating rink when he was a kid and I was the first one to befriend him and his brothers who were socially sheltered because they came from a super strict and abusive religious household. I had all kinds of people telling me after I walked away what he was saying and I wish they would have told me sooner.

Things came to a sudden stop when he accused me of sleeping with my sister in law on a night when he was out of town and my brother asked me to take her to to her friends house to grab something while he stayed and watched the kids. Claimed he had video evidence of her and I fooling around on their bed except he didnt have any cameras in his room and the time he is making up was when I was trying to rock his own daughter to sleep while my sister in law was on the other side of the room getting my neice to sleep. His gf got home and came upstairs to take over for me but instead of telling him that was what we were doing she told him we were on the bed together fooling around. My brother was downstairs during all of this keep in mind. The shit he was saying was absolutely absurd and I unleashed on him when it blew up. Called him out for everything... about being a fake contractor and lying about basically his entire life while being a manipulative and unappreciative person. Shit still pisses me off when I think about it, but I think I came out for the better. I think most of our mutual friends took my side because I had the evidence but they still stick with him because he is the one people gravitate towards, but they are doing the same thing I did. They are believing he wont do to them what he did to me, but so far he has lost all of his closest friends for the exact same thing. He just finds new ones to manipulate and lie to.
I met a few of those in my youth. believed a few of them to for a bit. Then I finally figured out my head from my ass.

If I meet new people that just dont feel right and my gut is telling me something, I listen. My gut is usually right.

Kinda like that Travis Burrell dickhead. @BigPoppa

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
I would have gone back to 1959. I would have found the promoters and sanctioning bodies of the Indy 500, and I'd have convinced them of the absolute necessity to go with cryogenic fuels. On the way forward in time, I'd go find Sam Rayburn, and convince him of the necessity to promote Reno Unlimited Air Racing. And build a space station. And a moon base.

After that, everything else would pretty much take care of itself.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
We all say we regret this or that, but we never think about the fact if we went back and changed things how it would effect our present situation.

Butterfly Effect.
Well I'm going to find that damn Quantum Butterfly. And when I do, it had better have already said its prayers, because that little SOB is getting its ass SO stomped into a thin film.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I met a few of those in my youth. believed a few of them to for a bit. Then I finally figured out my head from my ass.

If I meet new people that just dont feel right and my gut is telling me something, I listen. My gut is usually right.

Kinda like that Travis Burrell dickhead. @BigPoppa

Yeah, this one was difficult cause I knew him for so long and it was mostly fine until the last 3-4 years when he really started to ramp up the lies.

Im just blown away that he thinks he can convince people he is a contractor that goes on these super secret missions without a military background. No one will hire you if you dont have prior combat experience, simple as that. Plus I have shot and trained with him and he doesn't know jack shit about anything combat related. Everything he knows about it he has picked up from me and then I watch him pass it on and turn it into a story like he used it in real life lol. He's even teetered on stolen valor as I have heard people ask him about his military background and he doesn't always admit he wasn't. He acts vague about it and makes a comment along the lines of that he cant talk about it or shit like that. Used to piss me off.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Well I'm going to find that damn Quantum Butterfly. And when I do, it had better have already said its prayers, because that little SOB is getting its ass SO stomped into a thin film.

If you need any help let me know.

I watched Ant man and the Wasp last night. I now know a lot about the quantum realm.

lilcoop03

Established Member
Man, a lot of this thread is depressing lol

I thought it would mostly be "should've banged that girl" type stuff

Although I consider myself mostly successful and happy, way too many things to list for me.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Man, a lot of this thread is depressing lol

I thought it would mostly be "should've banged that girl" type stuff

Although I consider myself mostly successful and happy, way too many things to list for me.

lol...that would be my one regret, not banging more whores before I tied the knot.

Users who are viewing this thread