If you could...

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
One thing Ive learned is life will go however it’s gonna go. There are plenty of things i wish I could change and God knows that I wish i could right all the wrongs Ive committed. I owe a lot of apologies to a lot of people for being an ignorant ass.

We live and learn. I always say: every saint has a past and every sinner a future

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
There is not much I regret in my life. but there are one or two things I would do differently. I probably would have still married my ex but we would have some serious discussions about a few things that we should have done before we got married. considering the kind of person she is we probably would not have gotten married but it would have been with open eyes.

I would have stayed in DC and worked that last 6 years so I could retire earlier. but had I done that I wouldn't have a paid off house now so I am not sure I would want that do over.

I would buy apple and Dell stock, a Lot of it.

CobraKid04

Established Member
I would have taken high school football more seriously. I played D end and now looking back, I would have been an FB. I was good, just didn't have my head in the game.

Next is my career.
Became a LEO out of college ( 5 years now) and loved the first 3. In the last few years central Ohio PDs have become super liberal in their policies. Franklin county courts are a joke, so no one is trying.
Franklin county on live PD just got their balls clipped due to all the chases on the show.
I would have considered becoming a nurse, if I could do it over.

FJohnny

Established Member
In an early grade the fashion fad of really wide flared legs on pants hit my school in a big way. Huge, 30 inch circumference. Ridiculous but very cool at the time.

Mara, a girl in my class, pointed out my (in her words) 'stove pipe jeans' and mocked me. I retaliated by calling her fat. She was a really large girl. I can still visualize her tearing up and turning away. Regretted it then and wish I had kept my mouth shut.

If I could, I would go back and not call her fat.

Other than that, I'm good with where I am.

CV355

_
Established Member
I often think about life choices that I made, and the (usually expensive) consequences, wishing I could have avoided the outcomes. Of course, then I realize it came with very important life lessons. If only we could all gain wisdom and experience without dealing with consequences... hmm..

For instance, "investing" ~$50k into a 2000 GT between 2007 and 2011 was not the wisest of financial decisions. But I learned a lot from that mistake.
Or, working myself nearly to death for years straight for a company that didn't appreciate it whatsoever? Same deal, learned a lot from that too.

I guess the biggest thing I truly regret is the whole "Angry Birds" thing. I posted about it in the life trivia thread. I programmed a nearly identical game to Angry Birds years before AB existed- same slingshot, physics aspects, point system, etc. Snowballs instead of birds. Released it for free on the internet. Really wish I had capitalized on it.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
2gujjh4.gif

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
There is not much I regret in my life. but there are one or two things I would do differently. I probably would have still married my ex but we would have some serious discussions about a few things that we should have done before we got married. considering the kind of person she is we probably would not have gotten married but it would have been with open eyes.

I would have stayed in DC and worked that last 6 years so I could retire earlier. but had I done that I wouldn't have a paid off house now so I am not sure I would want that do over.

I would buy apple and Dell stock, a Lot of it.

You’ll probably take offense to this but if someone asked me how you would have replied to this thread, I could have called it exactly as you typed above. Aaaaahhhmazing.

There are very few 50-60 year olds in this life who still have to work with little or no retirement that have very few regrets. Then you go and blame your ex wife for your failed marriage. EL OH EL.

Anywho... for me..

1. Should have gone to law school after I got my Poli Sci degree; which was original plan.

2. Should have put more money away at an early age so I could be 100% done working at 55 years old with a couple million to burn. I’ll likely have to wait until 60-62 to achieve that now.

3. Should have had kids about 5 years earlier. My wife and I waited until we were 31 and 30 to have our first.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
You’ll probably take offense to this but if someone asked me how you would have replied to this thread, I could have called it exactly as you typed above. Aaaaahhhmazing.

There are very few 50-60 year olds in this life who still have to work with little or no retirement that have very little regrets. Then you go and blame your ex wife for your failed marriage. EL OH EL.

Anywho... for me..

1. Should have gone to law school after I got my Poli Sci degree; which was original plan.

2. Should have put more money away at an early age so I could be 100% done working at 55 years old with a couple million to burn. I’ll likely have to wait until 60-62 to achieve that now.

3. Should have had kids about 5 years earlier. My wife and I waited until we were 31 and 30 to have our first.

21FD0B4A-0BC4-4127-883F-EB76F297801C.jpeg

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member

There are very few 50-60 year olds in this life who still have to work with little or no retirement that have very little regrets. Then you go and blame your ex wife for your failed marriage. EL OH EL.
tumblr_mxw15dVWm31rlb6iho1_400.gif

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member

There are very few 50-60 year olds in this life who still have to work with little or no retirement that have very few regrets. Then you go and blame your ex wife for your failed marriage. EL OH EL.

Anywho... for me..

Savage

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member

you don't know me, nor do you know my ex-wife. so you can go **** yourself

let me just add. I don't HAVE to work. I work because I choose to. my house is paid off, all of my cars are paid off and i have enough money in the bank to live another couple of years without working. I could sell my house today for almost twice what I paid for it.

working that extra 6 years would have allowed me to have more money in retirement, not a better retirement. so bugger off

Users who are viewing this thread