idea on a hood

yes or no

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mysteed

Established Member
Its ok rio i dont take it personal. Yes the scoops on the blue car are all functional. And the GT500 KR HOOD with the bull nose and the heat extractors are also functional. What i find funny here is that the cowl hoods and cobra r hoods that i see here on most of the memebers cars on this forum are non functional . Mine may look like shit in there eyes but atleast they are functional.:beer::burnout:
Yeah....no they aren't. How are the 1/4 window scoops "funsctional"? Did you take the rear 1/4 windows out all together?:dw:

CobraMac

Established Member
Its ok rio i dont take it personal. Yes the scoops on the blue car are all functional. And the GT500 KR HOOD with the bull nose and the heat extractors are also functional. What i find funny here is that the cowl hoods and cobra r hoods that i see here on most of the memebers cars on this forum are non functional . Mine may look like shit in there eyes but atleast they are functional.:beer::burnout:

Do you road race your car all the time? Otherwise there is no need for the bull nose/heat extractors on that hood. So functionality has no true point in this.

MR.SCOOPINATOR

Established Member
Do you road race your car all the time? Otherwise there is no need for the bull nose/heat extractors on that hood. So functionality has no true point in this.
Really mac?? Now lets look at this real close. No i dont road race my car and all the cobras come with heat extractors on the stock hoods correct. There for im thinking that more air threw the engine bay will make it cooler, Hmmmm we might be on to some thing here so wouldn't more air flow be better for the engine ?? Oh wait lets not forget a cooler engine makes for a happy/ better running engine. ENOUGH SAID ..

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Really mac?? Now lets look at this real close. No i dont road race my car and all the cobras come with heat extractors on the stock hoods correct. There for im thinking that more air threw the engine bay will make it cooler, Hmmmm we might be on to some thing here so wouldnt more air flow be better for the engine ?? Oh wait lets not forget a cooler engine makes for a happy/ better running engine. ENOUGH SAID ..

Them Cobras run hot :pepper:

CobraMac

Established Member
Really mac?? Now lets look at this real close. No i dont road race my car and all the cobras come with heat extractors on the stock hoods correct. There for im thinking that more air threw the engine bay will make it cooler, Hmmmm we might be on to some thing here so wouldnt more air flow be better for the engine ?? Oh wait lets not forget a cooler engine makes for a happy/ better running engine. ENOUGH SAID ..

Since you wanted to reply in a childish sarcastic tone, I will reply with one equally...

Really Gil?

Now lets look at this even closer...The Terminators come with sufficient enough heat extraction for normal every day driving...just to get hot air out of the engine bay to decrease heat soak when the car is being driven for long periods of time. So do you drive your car for over an hour everytime? Hmmmm...how about you do this...put the stock hood on and drive around while data-logging IATs....then do the same for this hood...and I will bet you a large sum of money that they are almost EXACTLY the same. The amount of hot air that this hood removes is not a massive amount more than the stock.

Since you are such an Einstein when it comes to keeping your engine "happy", maybe you should go get something like Killer Chiller where it cools the engine INTERNALLY. Running a small amount of air over the engine does NOT cool it down in the way it needs to be to get the better performance out of the "happy" engine you speak of. So therefore yet again your reasoning's are nullified. Good try on coming up with reasons it's a better hood for heat extraction.

Hopefully my adult words didn't confuse you and you still understood my posts I can see that you don't know how to spell even the most basic words.

Last edited:

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
Since you wanted to reply in a childish sarcastic tone, I will reply with one equally...

Really Gil?

Now lets look at this even closer...The Terminators come with sufficient enough heat extraction for normal every day driving...just to get hot air out of the engine bay to decrease heat song when the car is being driven for long periods of time. So do you drive your car for over an hour everytime? Hmmmm...how about you do this...put the stock hood on and drive around while data-logging IATs....then do the same for this hood...and I will bet you a large sum of money that they are almost EXACTLY the same. The amount of hot air that this hood removes is not a massive amount more than the stock.

Since you are such an Einstein when it comes to keeping your engine "happy", maybe you should go get something like Killer Chiller where it cools the engine INTERNALLY. Running a small amount of air over the engine does NOT cool it down in the way it needs to be to get the better performance out of the "happy" engine you speak of. So therefore yet again your reasoning's are nullified. Good try on coming up with reasons it's a better hood for heat extraction.

Hopefully my adult words didn't confuse you and you still understood my postas I can see that you don't know how to spell even the most basic words.
:lol: --->:beer:

Seraphus

I R ANDROID LEG!
Established Member
hood's ugly as hell. It doesn't make it different at all considering you're in cali and ricers are born here.

As for the town debate, both Modesto and Fresno suck hard. Burbank > both.

MR.SCOOPINATOR

Established Member
Mac please do you really think i care about what you think . That would be a big fat NOOOO.Lets be real here, we are having a pissing contest about a hood. Let it go man!!!! Life will still keep rolling on and i will still have my hood. And im sure some one else will come along that you will have to school on proper Internet English. AND YES I DO UNDERSTAND YOUR 24 YEAR OLD ADULT INTERNET ENGLISH WORDS.

mysteed

Established Member
Really mac?? Now lets look at this real close. No i dont road race my car and all the cobras come with heat extractors on the stock hoods correct. There for im thinking that more air threw the engine bay will make it cooler, Hmmmm we might be on to some thing here so wouldn't more air flow be better for the engine ?? Oh wait lets not forget a cooler engine makes for a happy/ better running engine. ENOUGH SAID ..
Even IF it does cool better than the stock hood it will NOT make a significant impact on the temperature of the engine UNLESS that air is directed immediately into the air filter.

It sounds like you're trying to still justify your purchase.:poke:

MR.SCOOPINATOR

Established Member
Um ya im trying to justify buying the hood. Get real man. Oh dam i forget its the internet. What was i thinking buying this hood. Sorry mysteed ill come ask ya next time i buy some something for my mustangs. NOT!!!! BASED ON WHAT YOU HAVE IM LIKING MY CARS EVEN MORE. AS FOR MAC WELL LOOKS LIKE WE WILL REALLY NEVER KNOW WHAT HOOD KEEPS THE CAR COOLER HUH. I CANT BELEAVE YOU GUYS GET YOUR NUT SACKS IN SUCH A PINCH OVER A FRICKEN HOOD.

Last edited:

saleencobra

Established Member
cuz it's ugly as ****... and you ruined 2 clean cars. We can't stand to look at them. yet you continue to post "sweet" pics

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

Actually its quite the opposite.

The ram air effect might actually hamper the heat extraction effect due to changing the location of the low pressure zone over the hood.

MR.SCOOPINATOR

Established Member
took this bad ass pic of the car
6401194056_large.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread