I sipped the AED koolaid, I'm a happy camper!

Bad500Chris

Ace
Established Member
Progress on the auto calibration is coming along, I've got a few guys I'm working with out there running an Idle Lope version. Just needs a few more Tweeks at WOT.

Shift points are much better than stock IMO.
It does not shift into 6th at 40mph.
The goal was 1600-1800 very light load shifts and 2200-2500 moderate throttle shifts. We've acomplished that, but need to work on WOT firmness/delays.

How is AED tune for the auto?

It's posted earlier in this thread.

ViciousJay

Established Member
it was the same company

its funny when i sent the logs with this in my email along with a:shrug: question of the tune and why it was so lean, they responded mind you a week and a half later with a response that datalog isnt any good and that they need more info from the datalog... i just :nonono: and pressed delete on their email...

Last edited:

faztcobra

Established Member
its funny when i sent the logs with this in my email along with a:shrug: question of the tune and why it was so lean, they responded mind you a week and a half later with a response that datalog isnt any good and that they need more info from the datalog... i just :nonono: and pressed delete on their email...
I guess their customer service is about as good with their tunes as it is with the Hellion turbo kits they sell...

RSKtakR

Established Member
well I got my final AED tunes lastnight, and all I can saw if FUC*ING WOW!! This has to be the best $$ I have spent on this car yet other then sticky tires. I loaded the lope tune, the car sounds GREAT, shakes just like my old huge cam cars, and runs its ass off! I have had probably 4-6 tunes in the past 2yrs that I have owned this car, and this is by far the best tune. I stabbed 2nd from a roll and it literally put me in the seat, drag radials break loose on the 2-3 shift now (rev's to 7700 from the Boss intake) car just feels better overall, and even idles quieter then before w/ the old tunes. I cant WAIT to get my E85 and nitrous tunes from Shaun.. VERY pleased, WELL worth the $$, and knowing that its done right and not half assed like it was before, makes me feel even better about it. if anyone is on the fence about AED's tunes, go for it the grass is LOTS greener on this side.

ViciousJay

Established Member
well I got my final AED tunes lastnight, and all I can saw if FUC*ING WOW!! This has to be the best $$ I have spent on this car yet other then sticky tires. I loaded the lope tune, the car sounds GREAT, shakes just like my old huge cam cars, and runs its ass off! I have had probably 4-6 tunes in the past 2yrs that I have owned this car, and this is by far the best tune. I stabbed 2nd from a roll and it literally put me in the seat, drag radials break loose on the 2-3 shift now (rev's to 7700 from the Boss intake) car just feels better overall, and even idles quieter then before w/ the old tunes. I cant WAIT to get my E85 and nitrous tunes from Shaun.. VERY pleased, WELL worth the $$, and knowing that its done right and not half assed like it was before, makes me feel even better about it. if anyone is on the fence about AED's tunes, go for it the grass is LOTS greener on this side.

this was the same same feeling i got and i was on his base tune before he finalized mine, funny part is with spinning tires and all i think i finally pushed my car to the limit yesterday cuz the there is a clutch activation that kicks on when its being pushed to hard, it almost feels as if it goes into limp mode but without the christmas display in the dash but in act its just preserving the clutch.... i was scared as balls till i talked to shaun and had a good laugh and the whole time im asking myself

pushz.jpg

I keep asking myself if there is a full wavier i can sign from ford that will dump my warranty and give me full access to my PCM

Last edited:

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
I'm glade your are happy with AED tune. Shaun is also my tuner. But I had my car dyno tuned by him. Because I don't trust any other tuners, in my area with tuning. That's why I drive 2 1/2 hours to have it tuned by him. Glade your a happy camper with his tune.:beer:

Ravi

I take that statement back. Had a horrible experience with AED. I will be starting a thread about my experience with AED very soon. I'll post the whole story.:fm:

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I take that statement back. Had a horrible experience with AED. I will be starting a thread about my experience with AED very soon. I'll post the whole story.:fm:

I am interested to hear it. However, be prepared for a world of butthurt from members here who deal with Shaun all of the time and are going to defend him. I will be the first, because I am curious how Shaun could give anyone a bad experience......

Mike

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member

I'd like to hear this.. This will be a first. Considering you praised him before and now you had a horrible expierence. Your car but have either blown up, or your not happy with the numbers.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Yup I can already see the thread he's going to start going to atleast 10pgs.

Yup. Even more so that you state your happy an next you state your not. It's hard to believe anything at that point. Makes you think he's just trying to get AED To do free stuff for him.

ViciousJay

Established Member
I am interested to hear it. However, be prepared for a world of butthurt from members here who deal with Shaun all of the time and are going to defend him. I will be the first, because I am curious how Shaun could give anyone a bad experience......

Mike

stepping up right behind you, with all the time this guy put in with me he should have charged me 500 bucks. Ill say this my car is an animal. Sad to say that out 1/10 people will always have an issue, but im with mike on this one, shaun goes over and beyond the line for help. Lets hear the story

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread