I sipped the AED koolaid, I'm a happy camper!

mikestoyz

Established Member
I have a stock 2011 gt with Slp muffler delete...I have run 13.20 on Brembo equipped car. What parts do I need to pair with shauns tune to get in 11's and do I need different tires, wheels etc. Near Cincinnati.........thx in advance for info.:rockon: Btw its a 6 speed.

A Sct X3 and a laptop, or it sounds like the sct itsx works to datalog with the ipad.
Plan to datalog myself in the next week.

redline

Established Member
kinda interested what can be done as far as a tune for my boss 302 with just a drop in filter?

mikestoyz

Established Member
Im drunk on this Koolaid. Got my offroad H pipe in, datalogging done and the final tune in. Whoa, seems illegal I get to drive like this!!!!!!!!!!!!
SHAUN IS THE MAN!
Fast, courteous, knowledgeable customer service!

The lope tune :rockon:. I dont care if I smell like a gas station attendant....oh so sweet!

Shaun@AED

Im drunk on this Koolaid. Got my offroad H pipe in, datalogging done and the final tune in. Whoa, seems illegal I get to drive like this!!!!!!!!!!!!
SHAUN IS THE MAN!
Fast, courteous, knowledgeable customer service!

The lope tune :rockon:. I dont care if I smell like a gas station attendant....oh so sweet!

Glad you're happy Mike. ;-)
Sorry I put you thru the ringer with the data logs. I just wanted to make sure everything was good before tuning. Live Link is a little buggy at the moment.

mikestoyz

Established Member
Glad you're happy Mike. ;-)
Sorry I put you thru the ringer with the data logs. I just wanted to make sure everything was good before tuning. Live Link is a little buggy at the moment.

Yeah, what a pain taking it up to redline a few times all to be sure everything was golden before you touched it ;-)
I dont think Ill risk getting gas from that station again!
:beer:

faztcobra

Established Member
LMAO! I thought that (smelling like a gas attendant) might make me go back to the regular performance tune. Nope! Then I figured the novelty would wear off and I'd go back to the regular performance tune. Nope!!
GT500s to be on really soon, I'm sure I won't take it off then either. Glad to hear you're really digging your tune.

pohnjarker

Established Member
LMAO! I thought that (smelling like a gas attendant) might make me go back to the regular performance tune. Nope! Then I figured the novelty would wear off and I'd go back to the regular performance tune. Nope!!
GT500s to be on really soon, I'm sure I won't take it off then either. Glad to hear you're really digging your tune.

I thought the same thing, i heard the gas smell was pretty bad but i dont mind it at all...the wife dont like it but she hasnt really complained much

i'll be checking out the GT500s soon to replace the muffler deletes i have on right now...ive also heard the gibsons sound like the GT500 but a little louder and deeper so maybe i'll try those too...haha.

busarich

Established Member
I cant wait to get tuned by him. Im gonna data log when I get back. 1 7/8 lt, o/r h pipe, dyno max ultra flo cat back, jlt cai and his tunes should rock. With 3.73s full suspension and 315 drs woohoo

UWISHU1

Honey Badger
Established Member
OH YEAH!!!
koolaidwall.gif

I have had a GLASS of this Kool AID and ITS delicious!!! Another SATISFIED CUSTOMER!!!!!

faztcobra

Established Member

Went to a local dyno day today. Car put down 397hp and 387tq. Quite satisfied considering my only real power mod is the h pipe, along with Shaun's tune. By comparison, another GT with tune,
axle backs, boss intake, and JLT cold air put down 417 and 380.

Probably would have broken 400 if it weren't 90 degrees outside/ in the shop.

Last edited:

Impact 5.0

Established Member
Went to a local dyno day today. Car put down 397hp and 387tq. Quite satisfied considering my only real power mod is the h pipe, along with Shaun's tune. By comparison, another GT with tune,

Congrats man, just out if curiosity who's tune was the other car running?

mikestoyz

Established Member

You are running the stock axle back correct?
That's my setup, Shaun had never tested it, but thinks it may be restricting me(can see it through the logs)

faztcobra

Established Member
You are running the stock axle back correct?
That's my setup, Shaun had never tested it, but thinks it may be restricting me(can see it through the logs)
Yes, that's through the stock mufflers. I've got some GT500 mufflers that I'll get put on there sometime in the next week. I don't expect much out of them, but I do suspect that they'll get me over 400. Maybe if my car was warmer too - first pull after the car sat for an hour and a half was 393. 2nd pull was 397.8. Not sure how temps affect these cars. Either way, for 90 degree heat and minimal mods, I'm quite pleased. Not to mention, the car is now fun as hell to drive.

Users who are viewing this thread