I sipped the AED koolaid, I'm a happy camper!

faztcobra

Established Member
Knew I wanted an AED tune for a while, but decided after all the happy AED convert stories here lately, I'd get off the sidelines. Long story short, got busy working on this Friday afternoon and got my tune today after getting all necessary data logs to Shaun. Loaded the tune up and immediately felt a SOTP improvement over my previous tune. Per his request, I had to do post tune data logs as well, which I had no problems with. That's where the fun really began. Was on my last run which was a WOT pull. I was on the side of the road setting up PIDs in Live Link and a fellow stang owner pulled over in an 03-04 Cobra. He stopped and asked if everything was ok since I had my flashers on. I told him I was good, that I was just data logging. He said "ok, I just wanted to check"...and took off. I pulled out a few seconds later and proceeded to do my WOT run. He saw me coming and floored it as well. Not really a fair race, nor was it meant to be a race...but he never came close to catching me. We got to the next light and I informed him I wasn't racing, that he just happened to catch me on my WOT run. He asks what I have and I tell him and he tells me he's got a chip/pulley/exhaust. We agree to run at that point and it was on at the green light. Left the guy behind by 4 cars out to 115 after a little spinning start on my part. Needless to say, I'm a happy camper with Shaun's tune. IMO, it blows my previous tune away. Not even all that close. :dancenana::dancenana:

ViciousJay

Established Member
You sipped but I'm gulping here, I have my tuner tilting next to me ready to load the tune and analog but I'm running on 30 min of sleep in the past 48 hours

Tomorrow is my big day

black5.0

Established Member
Sounds like I need to sip that kool-aid soon, they are within 2 hours of me, probably improvements over my current tune

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Sounds like I need to sip that kool-aid soon, they are within 2 hours of me, probably improvements over my current tune

Dude i would kill to be within two hours! Shauns tunes kick ass via logging and email. I cant imagine how awesome it would be to let him dyno tune it!

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
It is too bad the tool bags on some other sites aren't willing to sample of the fine vintage Kool-Aid that is an AED tune. I have been hammered on this stuff for months. LOL.

Mike

SILV03MustangGT

Established Member
It is too bad the tool bags on some other sites aren't willing to sample of the fine vintage Kool-Aid that is an AED tune. I have been hammered on this stuff for months. LOL.

Mike

lol they dont know what they are missing out on! Whats funny is there is alot of behind the scenes devolpment going on with his tunes and every revision they keep getting better and better. My car is flat flying on this current setup!

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
lol they dont know what they are missing out on! Whats funny is there is alot of behind the scenes devolpment going on with his tunes and every revision they keep getting better and better. My car is flat flying on this current setup!

I am waiting on the newest revisions. You were testing them yesterday?

Mike

SILV03MustangGT

Established Member
I am waiting on the newest revisions. You were testing them yesterday?

Mike

over the weekend! just some little peeks and tweaks!! when i first loaded the file and took it out and ripped on it i immediately called Shaun and said WTF did you do to my car man??? holy hell it was beast before but damn its a effing animal now! I felt like a little kid at christmas :burnout:

SicShelby09

Banned
I have homework right now. I have to send over some logs to Shaun, and have been super busy. The nice weather is not effecting my car either like I thought it would. I guess being NA has it benefits. My GT500 would feel like half the car in the summer heat. Shaun is awesome and so is his product.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I have homework right now. I have to send over some logs to Shaun, and have been super busy. The nice weather is not effecting my car either like I thought it would. I guess being NA has it benefits. My GT500 would feel like half the car in the summer heat. Shaun is awesome and so is his product.

Send that shit over so he can finish and send me revised tunes! LOL.

Mike

Bad500Chris

Ace
Established Member
Congrats man, Shaun's tunes rip harder than anything else I've tried.
With very little mods, the car is scary fast.
AED is a notch above the rest.

stang8psi

Established Member
maybe it's just me but why does he have to continuously revise,revise,revise etc etc for just your basic bolt-on car? I mean yes I would want my car to be tuned with the best possible tune, But to me or as I read he is the only one that has to have log, after log after log.. I mean there are companies like AM, Brenspeed,BBR,Lund that will look at the logs and change certain things in them as necessary, but to continue to make revision after revision sounds kinda iffy? and are you guys sending him stock tune or already tuned logs?

SicShelby09

Banned
maybe it's just me but why does he have to continuously revise,revise,revise etc etc for just your basic bolt-on car? I mean yes I would want my car to be tuned with the best possible tune, But to me or as I read he is the only one that has to have log, after log after log.. I mean there are companies like AM, Brenspeed,BBR,Lund that will look at the logs and change certain things in them as necessary, but to continue to make revision after revision sounds kinda iffy? and are you guys sending him stock tune or already tuned logs?

Give Shaun a call. Nobody but him should answer your question here. Once you talk to him, then I assure you that you will understand his process and what hes actually doing. Obviously people that already had said tunes, are getting AED tunes and are going faster. So there is something said to his madness. Call him.

faztcobra

Established Member
Not all of those companies changes tunes as necessary or are even willing to look at logs w/o an additional fee. I had BBR before moving over to AED. When I first loaded my BBR tune, I drove it and it felt good. Then I asked them if they needed any logs to make sure that everything was as should be. The response I got was "Data logging will not be necessary. If your car drives great then just enjoy your car. We charge additional to read data logs and if your car runs great there is no need to data log." That did not sit well with me because not every car is exactly the same.

In response to "why?" in regards to continuously changing things...the processor is still fairly new. Only 2 years old now. I like the idea of someone trying to continually tweak things to find more available power.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread