i need quick help on a shortrunner!

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
well it will be finished tomorrow. and yes turbo tim, lol! is the one doing my car. i have to order a tuner though before i can get them to dyno it. i'm getting jerked around from a guy on the market where i ordered one 3 weeks ago. i wrote you, nasvt, a message a little over a month ago when someone else had a thread about a shortrunner. it's cool though, i just heard your name alot and i know that you really know your stuff. they finished up the imrc deletes today and i'll be driving it by tomorrow hopefully. i can't wait to get it on the dyno.

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
well it will be finished tomorrow. and yes turbo tim, lol! is the one doing my car. i have to order a tuner though before i can get them to dyno it. i'm getting jerked around from a guy on the market where i ordered one 3 weeks ago. i wrote you, nasvt, a message a little over a month ago when someone else had a thread about a shortrunner. it's cool though, i just heard your name alot and i know that you really know your stuff. they finished up the imrc deletes today and i'll be driving it by tomorrow hopefully. i can't wait to get it on the dyno.

good man glad you did the deletes with the shortrunner,car will feel way better.

98 N/A 4V

Established Member

EDIT: Mark what was too much timing? How much? I have been running 32 degrees total fixed for years on 93 octane.(recently I have taken that timing out with my MSD Dis-4 and returned it to stock for Index racing purposes)
BTW: JIMSVT told me he made more power with stock timing when Kenny B. (Modular Depot) tuned his car N/A.

My timing isn't really a flat across the board. But from 6k to 7100 on pump its 34*. I had my knock sensors sensativity backed off 5%. With the 110 they added 2*. Then added more in the low end but didnt' help much. I didn't feel like paying for another hour of tuning so I told them to pull it and set it for 93.

-Mark

SVT CAMR

Established Member

Thats cool! with a quick turn around too! I would love to hear back from you in a separate thread about your dyno session and the before and after #'s. More importantly track time too! If thats your thing :rolling:

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i'd just like to beat my buddy i raced the other day. it's a little far to reach, his car is making 334 rwhp and he has over 11k in the motor and tranny but i don't take losing lightly even though i'm the underdog. i definately think i'm going to make mv performance a long term invertment. what is the best thing to do after the shortrunners? supporting mods? i need to buy an xcal 3 so they can make everything work perfectly also.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i'd just like to beat my buddy i raced the other day. it's a little far to reach, his car is making 334 rwhp and he has over 11k in the motor and tranny but i don't take losing lightly even though i'm the underdog. i definately think i'm going to make mv performance a long term invertment. what is the best thing to do after the shortrunners? supporting mods? i need to buy an xcal 3 so they can make everything work perfectly also.:beer:

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
what are all the bolt on's you guys are talking about. i know i need a cai. i want to get the upr pipe with the 9" filter and maybe make my own heat shield. i've got upr ud pulleys. what else is there to do?

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
i'd just like to beat my buddy i raced the other day. it's a little far to reach, his car is making 334 rwhp and he has over 11k in the motor and tranny but i don't take losing lightly even though i'm the underdog. i definately think i'm going to make mv performance a long term invertment. what is the best thing to do after the shortrunners? supporting mods? i need to buy an xcal 3 so they can make everything work perfectly also.

11k and only 334...he can't be happy.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
he traded a guy for his car he bought about a month ago. he purchased a 93 coupe for $9,500 with a 306 and a vortech supercharger. the car had runs all in the paint and after sinking another 2k to get the supercharger to run right with the motor it made only 268 rwhp. it died after 5k rpms due to stock heads and intake. he was pissed. he traded for this one with edelbrock intake, different heads, fuel rails, cai, etc... and he has subframe connectors, upper lower control arms, and a tko 5 speed so he didn't do that bad. but it eats me up that he now wants to brag that he beat me because he traded for a car that he had no part in building so i'm about to pour some cash into the motor.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
any help you can give me, i'd appreciate it. i'd like to get somewhere close to 350 rwhp eventually.

chikenkiwi2

Established Member
You should almost be running even with that car with 4.30's. Fox body coupes are a lot lighter, but still. I run pretty much dead even with my friend's 346rwhp 98 droptop cobra with 3.73s. I still have 3.27s in my NA car. Sounds like you need a better tune or something. Headers too.

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
98 N/A 4V who tuned your car?

a shop I used to work (part time) for that the owner closed the doors and screwed me out of 2g's of labor pay. lol. I worked under the table (I know my fault) It was called need-4-speed. The dyno was done at fordspeed in Largo, FL. I'm thinking of getting the sniper tuning software and start tuning my car myself.

-Mark

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
no, i could beat his fox body. it's the 347 that beat me. i'm getting it tuned as soon as my tuner arrives. how much horsepower can i expect with the mods in my signiture and a shortrunner with imrc deletes?

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i wouldn't know where to start as far as taking off the k-member and doing long tubes. i'm really not good with cars. i can look it up online and if there is a how-to i can figure it out most of the time.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i'm really interested in learning what "all the bolt-ons" for our cars are. all i've been doing is cosmetic things trying to make the car look nice and i have forgot the most important part, hp.

LDC2335

Established Member
i know, long tubes will probably be my last mod..lol, they are so much work, and i like to do everything myself(or at least try) so it would be a full weekend for sure.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread