i need quick help on a shortrunner!

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i've got a problem. i called the same place i got my gears just wondering about a shortrunner intake and imrc deletes. anyway, they gave me a very reasonable price for the swap and they are going to keep my old intake. they mentioned doing a plate instead of a shortrunner but they said thats better for a superchargers and i'm going to stay n/a to be on the safe side. i'm just really wanting to make sure i get the right thing. how much should be cut off the runners, any supporting mods, anything? i'm clueless. oh and i'm dropping it off in the morning so fast help is preferable. thanks.

SVT CAMR

Established Member
A plate? you need specific lengths on your runners as you already know because you asked.
get in touch with NA SVT. or Mark or Paul's High Performance. Have them do a short runner and the deletes. Also get a fuel pressure regulator.

Last edited:

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i tried to write na a message and he never wrote me back. there are two guys that own the shop, i talked to one guy and he knew all about it, he said he's gotten as much as 325rwhp out of one. the other guy just kept chiming in. there not doing a plate. i'm going to talk to the guy that i originally talked too tomorrow and drill him with questions. they are going to dyno tune it afterwards. why do i need a fuel pressure regulator? they are very knowledgable people though and they do great work.

SVT CAMR

Established Member
why do i need a fuel pressure regulator?

To feed the beast when it wants a bigger drink. I have always had mine set (with the line off) atleast 2 pounds higher than stock.

Really we do not need a FPR? This is news to me.

Last edited:

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
WTH is a plate?

Silly goose! This is what they are referring to. :rolling: j/k.

Citrus_License_Plate_Sample.jpg

crash549,

When some shops ask my on why my power curve hits peak and carries for another 1000-1500rpms I tell them because of my shortrunner. They ask what did you do just take a sawzaw and cut it down the middle? lol. Sounds like that the shop you are talking to has the same mentality. Bar none the best shortrunner intakes are down by guys on these boards like me and NA SVT. Granted, Todd does circles around me in regards to turnaround time. :lol1: My 18month old has my up coming weekend already spent. ;-) But when I have time I work on them.

-Mark

EDIT: Holy ch1t that's huge. lol.

jakesspv6

Established Member

To feed the beast when it wants a bigger drink. I have always had mine set (with the line off) atleast 2 pounds higher than stock.

Really we do not need a FPR? This is news to me.

just wondering but what is suppose to be at stock? and how do i check it/change it?

sorry to jack the thread.

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
i tried to write na a message and he never wrote me back.

He'll get back to you. Give it some time. Pauls is more expensive. As long as you can remove and reinstall the intake just ship it to Na.

WTH is a plate?

It's the "good shit":lol1: You need to figure out how to make it so you can hook us up with it.:pepper:

LDC2335

Established Member
i tried to write na a message and he never wrote me back. there are two guys that own the shop, i talked to one guy and he knew all about it, he said he's gotten as much as 325rwhp out of one. the other guy just kept chiming in. there not doing a plate. i'm going to talk to the guy that i originally talked too tomorrow and drill him with questions. they are going to dyno tune it afterwards. why do i need a fuel pressure regulator? they are very knowledgable people though and they do great work.

325 to the wheels with just a short runner and tune? Sign me up.....

No really? is that realistic?

SVT CAMR

Established Member
just wondering but what is suppose to be at stock? and how do i check it/change it?

I believe with the vacuum line removed and plugged the FP should be 38 psi stock. (Mine sits at 40) (If it's real cold and I'm racing I might turn it up to 42 max.)...........You check the reading at the schrader valve located just in front of the throttle body by screwing a fuel pressure gauge on to the valve. Then detach the vacuum line from the stock regulator and plug the hole of the vacuum line. Start the car it should read 38 psi. To adjust it you need an adjustable regulator which would go in place of your stock regulator. When done shut car off...with a rag detach the gauge and reattach the vacuum line onto the regulator. Pretty much one of those set it and forget it deals.

325 to the wheels with just a short runner and tune? Sign me up.....No really? is that realistic?

Not so fast there. You will need every supporting mod to go with it if your talking "B" headed stocker. It can be done look at mark's car. 325 RWHP and 300 RWTQ I wish I had that:rockon:
You probably already knew that though...you were just being cynical.

Last edited:

SVT CAMR

Established Member
Pauls is more expensive. As long as you can remove and reinstall the intake just ship it to Na :

Yes PHP is more $ BUT I had mine done in 2000-2001 when no one else did them! It was $1200 for it to be done and worth every penny to see 11 second time slips back in 2001.

To the OP'er...These guys here (NA and Mark) do not charge 1/2 that much and know what they are doing and their honest! I have not heard 1 complaint about them. It's really a no brainer.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
maybe i miss led some people. there are two people that own the shop. one of them is more new school, he mentioned the plates being awesome on a supercharged motors, and the guy working on my car works on older models. he said he already had a shortrunner intake at the shop. he knew exactly what i was talking about with every question i had and they are a very good shop. MV Performance one stop performance shop and chassis dyno facility., Our full-service performance center can do wonders with early model muscle cars to the latest computer controlled cars of today anything is possible from mild to wild. is there anything wrong with wiring the imrc's open?

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member

you wrote me a mesasge?

You don't need a fuel pressure regulator.

How long are the runners? Do they change the plenum volume?

WTH is a "plate?"

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
SVT CAMR[B said:
INot so fast there. You will need every supporting mod to go with it if your talking "B" headed stocker. It can be done look at mark's car. 325 RWHP and 300 RWTQ I wish I had that:rockon:
You probably already knew that though...you were just being cynical.

Well the 325 was done with 110 and a TON of timing. And it only did it one pull. I told the shop that the highest I've seen was 325 (Jimmy's car) so they wanted to see if I could beat that. After that I told them that I only run 93 so they took the timing out. At the time it was pretty expensive for me to go racing (rent a trailer, gas up the tow rig for the 120mile round trip, gas for the car, food, entry fees, etc) so I said I'll just run 93 and save a couple of bucks. I now have a trailer so I might bump it back up we'll see.

But I'll agree with Danny. Throw every bolt-on possible, add a shortrunner and an agressive tune and you can hit 320rwhp.

-Mark

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread