i need quick help on a shortrunner!

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
how much do you ,nasvt, usually cut out of your runners?

That is secret squirrel stuff.:nono:

To calculate how much I'll remove I use a proprietary algebraic physics based formula that takes into consideration the cars weight, gears, compression, camshaft LSA, transmission, desired performance, the tidal cycle and the weight of the muffler bearing oil.

Last edited:

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i never asked what the plate was but i don't think it's for our cars. all he said was they work really well with superchargers.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
it's so hard for me to understand what they are talking about because i'll ask them a question and then both of the owners will both have different answers and then i get confused. i think he said 5 inches right out of the middle but i'm probably wrong. i have no f***ing clue. thats why i asked you for help.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
I recommend shortening the runners by no more than 2" for any street driven applications, FI or n/a. Most of my intakes get less removed, 1.5"-1.75". Shortening the runners more will drastically reduce power under 6k and make for a car that is not fun to drive.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i have no clue about this stuff. i don't even know what shortening the runners will do. i'm just going to get it tuned and leave it alone.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
god I pray for you they did not shorten the runners by 5 inches, but if they do I have a lower intake for sale so you can start over because if they cut off 5 inches its now a paper weight, the car will be a dog down low

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
alright. I talked to them earlier today and they only took out 2 inches. Im getting a diablo chip and putting her on the dyno next week.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i'm getting the chip for $350 and he's going to dyno tune it for $250. he said it will take a couple hours to tune it though so am i getting a fair enough deal? sorry again for all the questions. i'm not touching to motor anymore lol!

Users who are viewing this thread