I Miss Driving a Manual DD

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would never drive a manual as a DD. Especially in traffic! I love the auto in my Genesis. On weekends, I miss a manual. But it depends on the vehicle, too. I'd have no desire to drive an underpowered vehicle with a manual. Any time. Any place. Something north of 300whp, yes, on weekends.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
All of the cars I own are manuals and I have no regrets about that. Plenty of modern cars have pretty light clutches that aren't a big deal in traffic.

With that said, I personally would not buy a 170k mile audi product.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Plenty of modern cars have pretty light clutches that aren't a big deal in traffic.
Agreed.

DD'd stick cars for a number of years. Drove a man trans all day at work too. Actually preferred it most of the time. Nowadays, I DD an auto (F150), but I cherish the driving experience with my other two cars. There was a time not long ago before the truck when all 3 vehicles in my garage were stick. I'm currently half-assed looking to get back to having 3 fun, stick cars in addition to the truck.

Given the direction of autos these days, scoop up a man trans before they're extinct. Just maybe not the one with a billion miles. lol

Dr. Gonzo

We're in Bat Country
Established Member
Premium Member
This ain't no 20' bowrider or fishing boat. Between fuel, summer slip fee, winter storage, maintenance, repairs, etc. etc. etc. I knew going in it wasn't a cheap hobby/lifestyle lol. I enjoy it and to me, it's money well spent. I look at it as floating summer cottage.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
This ain't no 20' bowrider or fishing boat. Between fuel, summer slip fee, winter storage, maintenance, repairs, etc. etc. etc. I knew going in it wasn't a cheap hobby/lifestyle lol. I enjoy it and to me, it's money well spent. I look at it as floating summer cottage.
Lol...yeah well mine is faster lol

I could sleep out in the open air but that would suck lol

Zemedici

Established Member

Pics?

Or just gonna blue ball us? :(

Dr. Gonzo

We're in Bat Country
Established Member
Premium Member
It's nothing crazy. Just a 35' Sea Ray Sundancer. The hoes love it though lol

Since you asked,
PXL_20210806_224624292.jpg

PXL_20211024_185432599.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230111_210648.jpg