I Killed a Camaro

04TorchedSVT

Established Member
I have a 93 cobra motor in my fox (91 GT full option car) minus the cobra intake, but i have full exhaust, CAI, TFS stage 1 cam and a 3,000 stall and the best i have got out of my car is 13.80's on streets tires. i doubt a stock 93 cobra would do those times. You never know though anything is possible.

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
If the 1993 Cobra really had 235 hp then the LS1 fbody's really had 305, lol. 93 Cobras were (are) awesome cars.

I always saw Fox Cobra's running in the mid-high 13's also. I think people have concluded that they actually make around 250-260hp instead of the claimed 235. Atleast thats what 93 Cobra owners have told me. Same way 94-95 Cobras were slightly underrated.

Still nothing like GM did with the LS motors though.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
i think the Cobras of the 96s and stuff kept up well stock for stock but where the mustang was slower was on the street, when boltons and cams were added the mustangs couldnt go mod for mod unless they put a blower on. They couldnt put a set of cams in and keep up with a cammed lt1 in HP or price. Thats why i consider mustangs to be a little slower until the terminator rolled around then its a differnet story :)

Its called displacement.... :poke: Its not rocket science here. 281cid vs 350cid is alot of difference.

Take a well built pump gas 302 stroker and it would walk all over a bolt ons/cammed LT1.

Last edited by a moderator:

BLUBLLS

Wrong, A fully loaded SS comes in around $35k, Unless you get the super 22" ghetto wheels that are dealer installed for $4k. A GT 500 is mid $40's.

Thats like a whole Pro-chargers or Heads and Cam difference.

What are you smoking? The BASE price on a 2SS is...$34,225. Add the RS package and the price jumps to $35,425. The nicer interior jumps it to $35,925. With the ground effects added it jumps to $38,190. With the sunroof option its $39,090. With the wheel option it goes all the way up to $43,955. With the stripe option added, just cause most GT500's come with it, gets the price all the way up to........ $44,465.

The GT500 pretty much comes fully optioned from the factory with the base price being $45,000. And it still crushes the Camaro in performance. Just so you know, that fully optioned RS/SS (it's still not fully optioned out) is not going to perform as well as the base SS because it is going to be even heavier :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jroc

Established Member
Notice how Burnzilla gets all giddy over a video where a intake and tuned Camaro hangs pretty much even with a heavily conserative tuned stock Cobra.

Props to the Camaro though.

THAITED

Established Member
Burnzilla, may I ask you something!!!! why are you here!!! Shouldn't you be posting with the LS1-LS2 forum....?????? Are you trolling here???, jkd....

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Because those Terminators are just out of this world fast!
Represent yo :bored:
Bitch please.

I'm honest about what I got, I have nothing to hide.
I've smoked enough Cobra's the same year as my car, and several years newer.
Way to pic on a 1995 car with your 03.
Go pick on a stock LT5 with a stock Cobra hotshot.
Or how about a Blackbird?
Or what about a Berger Camaro?
They where made in 2000 surely your 2003 Cobra can beat them.
Or better yet, how about I throw a Supercharger on my car and forge the internals?
Its just a mere 350ci... surely you won't be too concerned right?

Lol, Ford finally makes a Mustang that actually keeps up (well, it was a year too late, but who cares!)and we never hear the end of it! Congrats!
:lol:
This post is a perfect example of why people shouldn't drink and post.
LMAO...yeah...I'm concerned about an LT5, or a Blackbird or Berger F-body, or your piece of sh*t with a blower on it.
Bitch please. :loser:
S.

burnzilla

Established Member
This post is a perfect example of why people shouldn't drink and post.

The truth hurts.
Try not to cry about it. :cryying:

Notice how Burnzilla gets all giddy
If was the very first video I seen in the media forum, posted on this site.... thats getting giddy?
That didn't take much.

Lets see some street race forum hore's try their bullshit in a forum besides this one, like in the thread I posted.
And I am actually being called a troll because some people in the street race forums can't stop wetting their diapers?

Its an online street race forum at SVT, seriouz bizniz!
:lol1:

Last edited:

Sammyboy

Established Member
Just FYI

My 2001 SS the (325hp car) dyno'd at 311whp, straight down to the paper filter.

For me, you can't beat the sound of a single cam push-rod motor. But right now I'm looking for a cobra :)

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
The truth hurts.

Making fair comparisons and being realistic is trolling over here huh?
Try not to cry about it. :cryying:
You're lobbying the very same argument that was posed by butthurt F-body owners 6-years ago.
Bone stock, the '03/'04 Cobras were, on average, at least .5 second and 5 mph quicker than a stock LS1. My own car, 5-years ago, went 12.6@112 with a best mph of 115 mph...bone stock, on stock F1's. Bergers and Blackbirds and all those other overpriced, aftermarket modded F-bodies were not stock GM offerings.

You're nothing more than some late-to-the-party Don Quixote who is going to ride in on his broken down donkey and tell everybody who either has one of these cars, or who has firsthand experience with them what the "facts" are. Been there done that. Five years ago. When you were probably in middle-school.

And I see that you got banned from LS1Tech? LMFAO! You don't even fit in with the F-body crowd and now you're here, on a Ford SVT website, complaining because there is a Ford bias.

So when you "forge" and "supercharge" that turd, you make sure and let us all know how badass your new combo is. Until then, try not to lose control with all the power those LT's will give you.
S.

Jroc

Established Member
If was the very first video I seen in the media forum, posted on this site.... thats getting giddy?
That didn't take much.

I do agree with you. It doesn't take much to get you giddy.

A video of a stock Cobra vert getting hung with by a SLP Camaro(LE1 maybe?) with mods.

Whooptie Mother F'in Doo!

I guess that makes 03/04 Cobra's turds.

ModularFan

Established Member
whats the big deal about beating Camaro's you guys make it sound like its a rare thing to do.

burnzilla

Established Member
You're nothing more than some late-to-the-party Don Quixote who is going to ride in on his broken down donkey and tell everybody who either has one of these cars, or who has firsthand experience with them what the "facts" are. Been there done that. Five years ago. When you were probably in middle-school.

And youre nothing more then a street hixie with ALOT of money into a car so you think you're some big hotshot with all this amazing knowledge. Ive dragged 3 muscle cars I have owned, but I wouldn't really call my old 2V a muscle car. My old bolt on M6 LS1 was the quickest I've owned and I certainly wasn't afraid of anything Ford had to offer at the time. (mod for mod)
The Cobra changed all that but once again was a full one year behind the Fbody demise, not to mention it was the best car ford had to offer for a Mustang. GMP had SLP do thier Firehawks with a 345hp package.

Next.

And I see that you got banned from LS1Tech? LMFAO!
I was a good member on LS1tech, and I still post there under another alias.
I got into it with a mod on SSU (I was a tech mod there) and although I was in the right he had more power so I got the boot...so what?
Next.

So when you "forge" and "supercharge" that turd, you make sure and let us all know how badass your new combo is.
I am happy with my car, I could care less how fast I make it.
I could 383/396 LE3, forge and Procharge my LT1 and waste a bunch of money, and thats what it would be because I care less.
Driving an R1 was enough for me.
Truth is I am happy with what I got, and have plans for an 02 WS6 M6 in the future, I really miss the 6 speed.
My current bolt on car runs low 13's maybe at best and from dig's or low speed rolls enough to pull Mach 1's, stock LS1's, new GT's and so forth... not bad for 1992 technology.
Thats all the fun I need.

Got anymore dad?

Last edited:

ModularFan

Established Member
I was a good member on LS1tech, and I still post there under another alias.
I got into it with a mod on SSU (I was a tech mod there) and although I was in the right he had more power so I got the boot...so what?
Next.

Got anymore dad?

whats SSU?

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
Actually the video Burnzilla posted, the SS is stock with a tune and that's it! I know him personally and it runs real good. His is a 02 SS that came with a LS6 intake, lid, & dual dual exhaust from the factory.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Actually the video Burnzilla posted, the SS is stock with a tune and that's it! I know him personally and it runs real good. His is a 02 SS that came with a LS6 intake, lid, & dual dual exhaust from the factory.
Which im pretty sure is making at least 15 whp (maybe more) more than a stock SS, they did dyno at avg 300 whp, some even more. Car was fast no doubt, but burnzilla makes it that just because ONE Camaro with simple factory mods was able to keep up (not beat) a stock VERT Termi, that Cobra's are turds. :nonono: Way to prove a point burnzilla :lol1: BTW did you happen to see the links I posted, or are you ignoring it again, notice that im posting facts also and not BS like 99% of your posts.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread