I get sad when I see a Cobra in the rain.

So who drives there Cobra in the rain?

• Yes, Whats the big deal?

Votes: 155 47.3%
  • No, What is this a Ford Taurus?

Votes: 102 31.1%
  • Have too, it's the only car I've got.

Votes: 72 22.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

magnum4000

Established Member
Well, well, well. What a difference of opinions!

I do NOT drive in the rain (unless I get caught in it) for a variety of reasons. Rain obviously dirties the car, and requires a wash sooner. In Orlando, people can barely drive when it's sunny out - they are real morons once it starts to rain. I have another car that is not garaged that I use on rainy days. And, quite frankly, the Cobra is not much fun to drive in the rain in my opinion - with all that power, you pretty much have to use the traction control, and then you'll get to experience the computer killing cylinders and applying the brakes and such. And yes, I check the weather before I take the Cobra out.

I'm an ex-smoker, but have NEVER lit one up in the Cobra, nor ever will. I do drink coffee in it. I just don't sling the coffee around in it!

I had a '99 GT that in the 1st year, I smoked maybe 5 times in it. The last time, an ember flew into the back seat and burned a hole in the fabric! :bash: Boy, I was so mad, I wanted to kick my own ass! :kaboom: Took it to an upolstery place, spent $150.00 on the repair, and learned my lesson. My '01 vert GT never saw smoke, and neither does the Cobra.

Luckily in Florida we don't have a great deal of rain - but I have decided to drive it more often. Mine's a first run (picked it up June '02) - 10 months and less than 3500 miles.

My 2 cents.
:coolman:
:burnout:

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
It's not a Ferrari. I drive it every day and don't have a garage (old house built before people really had cars). I did the same with my Porsche. Take care of it. Wash it. Polish it every 6 months and wax it once a month or so and the rain will not bother it a bit.

Yep, same here, its a $34,000 car, come on stop it :lol:

Elanor03

Established Member
I drove my 03 cobra w/ 470hp through a blizzard to new mexico and although i had to go slow it worked like a champ

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
I drive my Cobra through whatever Michigan weather brings. I personally could care less. I have a heated garage with hot/cold hookups so I can keep it clean most of the winter.

I don't about you guys but I have done more wear and tear at the track let alone being concerned over the freak'n rain.

Sin

Established Member
Im with ya man. I dont drive mine in the rain. I have an Escape for that, but if a group of friends want to go have a few drinks, meet for some late night Wendys(with the new guy that pays) Im up for it....It usually doesnt see bad weather.

nuxx

Established Member
Originally posted by Elanor03
I drove my 03 cobra w/ 470hp through a blizzard to new mexico and although i had to go slow it worked like a champ

How much boost did you hit in Blizzard conditions :thumbsup:
-Peter

OldSkoolMC

Ruler of SmackDown
Established Member
I'll be driving my car all year round in Chicago weather. Like alot of guys said... I paid a good buck to drive around all the time. On top of that I own the 10th anniversary model - It has mods, it will be getting some winter floor mats but that's about it. Traction control here I come! :beer: Hell the last few winters were not that bad.... very few days of snow. They are so anal about clearing the steets around here the are usually done in a few hours. I had a jeep and didn't even get to have too much fun because all the streets were clear. I didn't have to shovel my driveway much though. :)

wjfawb0

Established Member
My only car, so I drive it in everything. I have put 3,000 miles on it in 3.5 weeks.

-Jason

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Once, coming back from Crazy Horse I when't though a rain storm. Since I was in the rain I had fun with it thats for sure.

I don't smoke anymore and no one is allowed to smoke in it. Only the herb will be smoked if anything.:beer: Still haven't christened her yet.;-)

Last edited:

loose nut

Sofa King Fast
Established Member
I fear the crap falling off gravel trucks on a sunny day more than I'm afraid of a little water. :cryying:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread