I get sad when I see a Cobra in the rain.

So who drives there Cobra in the rain?

• Yes, Whats the big deal?

Votes: 155 47.3%
  • No, What is this a Ford Taurus?

Votes: 102 31.1%
  • Have too, it's the only car I've got.

Votes: 72 22.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

skstang

Established Member
I saw a 96-98 Cobra running around in the rain today. It was a nice green with tan interior and I felt sorry for it. So who drives theres in the rain?

i8u

Established Member
I will. I drove my 98 cobra with a vortec in the snow. Now I have wider tires and t/c. :shrug:

key2you

Established Member
I'm a driver. My 96 cobra had 72,000 when I sold it. If I'm paying 35k for a car I'm driving it. Now I won't drive it in snow (I have a winter vehicle) but if the roads are clean and dry I'll drive it.

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
Just picked mine up early tonight, it's been raining off and on sense. I'm gonna drive mine in the snow.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by skstang
I saw a 96-98 Cobra running around in the rain today. It was a nice green with tan interior and I felt sorry for it. So who drives theres in the rain?
If it was real, it was a 1997, the only year for Pacific Green. Beautiful car.

I have a '90 Dodge D150 truck to drive in bad weather. However, living in South Texas, the weather is unpredictable enough that I can't assure that it won't happen to me, as well. I leave the car in the garage if the chance of rain is 40% or higher :-D

Orange Poison

Established Member
Hell NO! My car won't ever see rain!

That's why I bought my mom's 91 Taurus....for this purpose.

My Cobra is staying dry and clean this time around. I love this car too much to expose it to the elements.

I'm not knocking people who have to drive theirs everyday...actually you'll get more enjoyment that way....and still should be able to keep a nice shiney Cobra...

It will just be more work....:-D

TruBlu03

No way to avoid rain in S Fl. If it ever snows here again(did once in the 70's and again in the early 80's) I would drive it then too. :D

POINTCOVER

Established Member
I saw some fat guy on I-95 in Maryland driving a silver coupe in the pouring rain. He was also smoking a cigarette and drinking coffee. I'd hate to buy that Cobra. :eek:

f4sfed

Established Member
This baby is my daily driver. I drove my last Cobra in the snow. However, if the weather is bad enough, I have my wife's Windstar...if it's bad enough for me to drive her car, SHE ain't goin' nowhere anyway. :)

skstang

Established Member
That just aint right!! A fat guy in a Cobra! J/K Sorry if I affend anyone but I cant stand smokers. It does bring up a question though. I owned a 98 Cobra before this one and it had a ash tray holder where the cup goes and had a lid. Does anyone know if that will fit the newer style cup holders? Might have to make that my next investment for holding change.

dmreitz

Established Member
Lansing, IL (Chi. Suburb on Indiana border)
Well, I drive mine in the rain for now... I am shopping for a daily driver to use - especially when the Chicago winter hits! I'd prefer to not HAVE to take the Cobra out in the bad weather - doesn't mean I never will... just means that I want the option not to.

Besides, I'd like to keep the mileage a bit lower on the Cobra... Don't want to put 20,000 a year on it! ...had my 2001 GT a little less than a year and a half, and put about 26,000 miles on it!

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member
My car is in Hurricane Lili as we speak...a category 4 with winds of 145mph (not here yet).

Lots of rain...and no garage...yet :(

Cobra03

Fordrarri
Established Member
It's not a Ferrari. I drive it every day and don't have a garage (old house built before people really had cars). I did the same with my Porsche. Take care of it. Wash it. Polish it every 6 months and wax it once a month or so and the rain will not bother it a bit.

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
Daily driver. Got to drive it M-F. And if it rains someday here in Texas, I'll have to drive it in the rain. Snow... not likely :lol1:

A little rain just helps you determine whether or not you need to wax (or Zaino) the paint again ;-)

Of course she's garaged at home and garaged at work so she'll only see about 40miles of weather per week day. :-D

1IDSPTTR

Established Member
Daily driver

Mine goes to work every day, about 60 miles R/T, unless I'm trying to give my wife's "girl's night out" ride some road time. Unfortunately, it get's worse gas milage then the '03 :shrug: Oh well, the price you pay for nice cars ('88 V-12 Jag XJ-S) However, both her's and mine sleep in the garage, and I have a covered garage at work, so the exposure is limited.

Allan

PS. By the way, the ash tray/ coin holder out of my '99 fits just fine in the '03. It didn't come with the '99 and I had to ask for it, so I figured it was the least they could do for me :-D Now if only I could get my wife to let me permanently install this accessory...:beer:

taronis

Banned
Originally posted by skstang

Rain!!!! What's the big deal?
If it was made of flat-pounded turd like a Nissan, then I'd worry about it melting or something.
I drive all of my cars in the rain. I drive many of them in the snow. I will not drive this Cobra in the snow. I drove my GT in the snow all the time (on SNOW tires -- very ugly). In deep NE snow, it was a hand full. Problem is that the DPW boys put down so GD much SALT. I don't want my 03 to be eaten by road salt, but RAIN. Give me a break. Just wash the thing after..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread