I get sad when I see a Cobra in the rain.

So who drives there Cobra in the rain?

• Yes, Whats the big deal?

Votes: 155 47.3%
  • No, What is this a Ford Taurus?

Votes: 102 31.1%
  • Have too, it's the only car I've got.

Votes: 72 22.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

taronis

Banned
Originally posted by skstang
That just aint right!! A fat guy in a Cobra! J/K Sorry if I affend anyone but I cant stand smokers. It does bring up a question though. I owned a 98 Cobra before this one and it had a ash tray holder where the cup goes and had a lid. Does anyone know if that will fit the newer style cup holders? Might have to make that my next investment for holding change.
I'm a fat guy, and I smoke CIGARS in mine!!!!
What? Am I going to save it for the next guy? Hell no! It's mine! I'll shit in it if I want to. It's mine. I paid cash. I don't sell my cars, and I am certainly not going to give it to you. It's mine. And when the REAPER comes for me, they're going to pry my chubby dead hands from the wheel. Want a cigar?

IT'S MY CAR and IT'S an '03.................. piss off

skstang

Established Member
Hey taronis, I think you better have another cigar. It seems your a litte on the edge there buddy. Just dont pull up next to me when your smoking that butt stick.

taronis

Banned
Originally posted by skstang
Hey taronis, I think you better have another cigar. It seems your a litte on the edge there buddy. Just dont pull up next to me when your smoking that butt stick.

I am always on the edge!!!! Sorry, too many meds, but I have to get my jollies in before this GD Multiple Sclerosis puts me in a chair -- You been in NH? Really?

C'mon bye -- the beer is on me.

281cobra

Drive by poster
Established Member
Originally posted by key2you
I'm a driver. My 96 cobra had 72,000 when I sold it. If I'm paying 35k for a car I'm driving it. Now I won't drive it in snow (I have a winter vehicle) but if the roads are clean and dry I'll drive it.

Same here. 99 Cobra with 62,000 on it. Also I'll be driving it to Florida in about two weeks. I love driving my car. :rolling:

Bob Cosby

Established Member
Another ditto. The car came with windshield wipers - and they get used. Mine is a daily driver. ANY car I buy like this will be a daily driver, and it will get driven daily....rain, wind, snow, slee.....errr....well, at least rain and wind.

To each their own. I love the hell out of my car. The fact that I drive it all the time, in any weather, doesn't mean I love it less than anybody else, or that I don't properly take care of it.

jumpinjackflash

Established Member
It's my daily driver, grocery getter and kid hauler. I only rode my motorcycle when there was no chance it would rain and that meant I only rode it about 2 days a month.

That's a big part of the reason I got this car and the motorcycle's for sale. This is a toy I can play with everyday!

stangfan

When in doubt.. Floor it!
Established Member
Carpe Diem!

I enjoy driving this car rain or shine etc. She's my daily driver. To & from work appx. 30 mile r/t.

When the wife and I go camping, bike riding, etc. we take the Montero Sport.

Other than that - we take the cobra.

Elliotness

Established Member
No need for me to drive in the rain

I live in the "Sun City" frickin never rains here. There are windy days and cold days but not much rain.

Don't plan on taking the car out unless the weather is good (no rain or wind). I have a company car for work so I don't have a need to drive the 03 in inclement weather.

However, If I lived in Seattle I would drive it in the rain. Shizzt, if you didn't drive the car in the rain in Seattle you would never drive it. Doesn't it rain 200+ days a year?

Guess location is a big factor. It rains maybe 20 times a year here.

BBriBro

Established Member
Originally posted by POINTCOVER
.........driving a silver coupe in the pouring rain. He was also smoking a cigarette and drinking coffee. I'd hate to buy that Cobra. :eek:
How dare him !!! Yeah, I'd much rather buy the cobra that bounced off the rev limiter on the way home from the dealer. Or the guy that did a top speed run with like 4 miles on it. But one driven in the rain, stay away. Come on guys. It's nice everyone loves their cars, but jeeeesh.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
I've got no problem dring my '03 in the rain. But in Michigan it snows 6 months of the year, and freezes, and the roads are covered with salt and slush, and the highways are mostly populated by double-botton 44-wheel gravel haulers that spew excess gravel and cinders anytime I get within 500 feet of them. Sure, I can stop by the car wash on the way home and wash the salt from the undercarriage, but then as I pull out of the car wash, I'm driving in salty slush and some minivan drivin' soccer mom nearly sideswipes the car, covering it with slush again. Last Spring my SHO picked up 105 paint chips on the hood and fenders over the winter (actual count -- not an exaggeration). Nope, I'm putting the Cobra up for the winter and driving a beater. My wife's putting her Zinc Yellow '02 GT in the garage and driving our "family car".

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
I do... the way I look at it, I bought the car to drive it not look at it so why not? My Saleen was a daily driver / showcar and when I told someone I drove it in the rain they didn't believe me. I just clean it up good after the rain. I won several trophies and plaques in special interest and Saleen classes and some of the "Garage Queen" owners were sort of upset that a 30,000 mile daily driver Saleen beat their very low mile cars.

I'll do the same when I get a Viper, I just can't see spending all the money and letting it sit.

Rain is one thing, but I never drive any of my cars in the winter due to the salt.

-Rick

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
just got back a few hours ago from my 2000+ mile road trip (in the Cobra of course!) Drove through a bunch of thunderstorms. Accumuilated a ton of bug guts.

I take good care of it though. I washed it 4 times while I was on my this vacation trip. Once before I left, once after I got to my destination, Once before I left to return home, and once after I got back.

It purred the entire way. BTW 10,000+ now. yeah!

B-O-B'03

Established Member
Here is apicture of mine, in the rain today:-D

I have the family truckster to drive when it is crappy out.

The black looks best clean:beer:

-B

B-O-B'03

Established Member
O.K. What happened to the pic?

Try one more time.

-B

Redwing

Established Member
I livew in Toronto Canada. I use my car every day as my daily driver. I'm a contractor, so it sees construction sites all the time: mud, rain, debris, junk, bumps and whathaveyou. I didn't spend $50,000CDN just to look at it. I use the gas pedal as a stress reliever at least 5 times a day.
However, it will not see winter, as we have a pick-em-up truck, a mini van, and 2 cars for the kids (as well as a Honda Goldwing; but that one really doesn't see rain or snow, ever).
I'm at 5000KM, 5 weeks old, fabulous car.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread