I get sad when I see a Cobra in the rain.

So who drives there Cobra in the rain?

• Yes, Whats the big deal?

Votes: 155 47.3%
  • No, What is this a Ford Taurus?

Votes: 102 31.1%
  • Have too, it's the only car I've got.

Votes: 72 22.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
Originally posted by ssssnake
Daily driver. Here's a pic of mine in the rain.

attachment.php

What's the other blue car with the Cobra emblem on it?

ssssnake

Established Member
Elapidae, meet Gladys. She's my 1969 GT-500. I love her very, very much, but it's time for a ground up restoration. Donations?

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by ssssnake
Elapidae, meet Gladys. She's my 1969 GT-500. I love her very, very much, but it's time for a ground up restoration. Donations?

Need a pic!!!!

Ohhhh AHhhhhh!!!
:beer:

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
I do. Drive slow, keep Traction Control turned on. No problem.

SVT606

Established Member
Why wouldn't someone drive their car in the rain? It is just water. This topic is so gay and it comes up on every board. "Oh no I don't want my car to get wet. It is too precious to have rain touch it." Don't you people saying this ever wash your car? You do know that rain water is less harsh on your paint than the hard water that comes out of your tap....right? You do know this...right?

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
It was pouring when I picked mine up Saturday, all the sales dudes were like congrats man, but careful in the rain heh.

I just laughed and said my traction control was gonna be flipped off, Im used to drivin in the rain with the blown 98GT I had with drag radials :coolman:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I have a T-shirt that says it all .......

"DRIVE IT! OTHERWISE ALL YOU OWN IS SOME REALLY NICE FURNITURE" I am a firm believer in that .... you can always keep it washed and a good hand wax job on it and it won't care about the rain.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra03
It's not a Ferrari. I drive it every day and don't have a garage (old house built before people really had cars). I did the same with my Porsche. Take care of it. Wash it. Polish it every 6 months and wax it once a month or so and the rain will not bother it a bit.

I agree with ya about taking care of it and washing it and what not. But this is probably as close to a ferrari as im ever going to get so im going to treat it like one.

Copperhead

"Cover me, Porkins!"
Established Member
Rain? Heck, I took mine four-wheeling the other day at the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot in Louisville KY!

ITS A FORD!!! IT LIKES THE ABUSE!!!

If I might quote Bette Midler's lyric from "The Rose"...

Its the soul afraid of dying,
that never learns to live.

Rain, Snow, Mud...Hell, I'm looking for a car chase sequence like in "Hooper!" --Bye Bye Nice Officer!

Of course, I've put 5500 miles on it since I got it on Sept 24th. That may hurt the resale value...but as awesome as these cars are, somehow you just know that many of us will wind up with insurance checks to make a down payment with on a new one in a year or so anyway.

I doubt many will '03s will ever be traded in on new cars.

PEACE!!!

Last edited:

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
Mine sees rain only when I get caught in it. I hate to see it dirty and I like to avoid having to wash it so much. On rainy days, I drive my truck.

Jon

Relax, have a homebrew!
Established Member
Rain? Hell Ya!

Before this car that was the only way I could get my ol' SC300 sideways.

I wanna see if I can spin the '03 around with the traction control on. Never had a car with any kind of traction stabilizing technology. I think it is just a marketing ploy. I just don't believe that system can overcome basic Newtonian dynamics; if I'm cruising down the street and romp on it (in the rain) I just know its gonna be party time.

Come on, with those big meat this car has gotta drift like crazy.

I can't wait for the rain. Of course, I'll keep clear of the telephone poles.

After I've had my fun, and all the road oil has washed to the Bay, I'll probably calm down.

BBriBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Jon
I wanna see if I can spin the '03 around with the traction control on.
Spin it around? Or spin the tires? The traction control only limits wheelspin, its not a Vehicle skid control or whatever you care to call it. Like The vette has, BMW, STS etc. That sense yaw angles and apply the appropriate brakes to keep the car from sliding.

Jon

Relax, have a homebrew!
Established Member
Yup, spin the the rear wheels while moving forward to induce oversteer and, eventually four wheel drift.

Alternatively, I could just yank the wheel but that may send this nose heavy car spinning like a top. I don't want to spin like a top in the rain -- it's very disorienting.

BBriBro

Established Member
Well I still don't understand what you have in mind. I was just pointing out that the cobra has no Yaw control, or stabilitrack, or VSC, or any other type of "spinout prevention" those are very sophisticated systems that have numerous sensors that detect yaw angles, etc, and apply one or more brakes to bring the car back in line and tracking properly. The cobra only has traction control to keep the rear tires from breaking loose. Now on a low speed corner, if you punch it and the traction control cuts in, I guess in a way that will prevent your "drift" however if you hit a sharp corner going too fast, Off the throttle, and just yank the wheel, you have no protection there.

Jon

Relax, have a homebrew!
Established Member
Originally posted by BBriBro
.....Now on a low speed corner, if you punch it and the traction control cuts in, I guess in a way that will prevent your "drift"......

Yes, that is exactly what I mean. You're going around a turn and you want to give the rear end a little nudge with the gas. That requires the rear tires to be traction insensitive.

Trader

Established Member
Th ecobra is my daily driver. It is going to see rain ,sleet, snow road,salt,bugs,rock chips etc etc. I just have to stay on top of the game when it comes to cleaning it.

03OneEyedSnake

Established Member
I see some grammar errors here. It's not the proper pronunciation to say "who drives there car in the rain" It's possession, it should be "who drives their car in the rain" . Go back to school motorheads!!!:lol:

Last edited:

Gumball

Established Member
03one...I thought you must have been joking with the first post, then I saw the second. A little too much latte this morning? So, if you're going to break balls about grammar, you ought to check your own first. I beleive it would be correct to say "It's not proper ..." not "It's not the proper...".

Being the eternal optimist that I am, I will still assume you were just joking.

p.s. 36 years living with an english teacher will do that to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread