I didn’t think it could get worse but I was wrong .

BCICAN

Established Member
Take the old thermostat and put it in a pan of water with your candy thermometer, bring to a boil. Keep an eye on the thermometer starting around 180 or so. Note when it opens.

Report back.

Also, what have you done with the loaned throttle body?
I haven’t done that yet I just put the new one in, but I have it sitting in the garage and I’ll try that to see what it does. I haven’t done the TB yet I wanted to do just one at a time so if something messed up I would know which one it was it was. At this point I still haven’t gotten to do the full drive cycle I need to do.
But even if the collapsed has nothing to do with the other problems it still needed to be addressed and luckily the hose hasn’t collapsed again

Last edited:

BCICAN

Established Member

Attachments

• F6382E21-2F15-4EC2-83FC-54A49683A12D.jpeg
    F6382E21-2F15-4EC2-83FC-54A49683A12D.jpeg
    167.7 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
JFC what in the holy hell are you talking about?

You are all over the place.

Can you at least tell us what fixed the problem?

Seriously curious. Did you or someone actually do anything?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
In the quote you responded to she said she replaced the thermostat that was causing the upper radiator hose to collapse because it wasn't operating properly. Once she did this it appears to have cured it based on limited in town driving.

Tom

BCICAN

Established Member
Any chance you missed 4th gear????
I don’t see why anyone would need 4th gear in town but maybe they are attached to only 1k rpm lol I haven’t gotten it to the hwy yet a lot of the time our weekends are crazy because I have kids. lol

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member

MG0h3

Established Member
In the quote you responded to she said she replaced the thermostat that was causing the upper radiator hose to collapse because it wasn't operating properly. Once she did this it appears to have cured it based on limited in town driving.

Tom

Lol.

A: are you the husband?

B: you really think a failing Tstat with no overheating would cause all those codes?

C: are you a female as well?

D: all of the above

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BCICAN

Established Member
Well it wasn't idling correctly. It would stumble and small pop's randomly. I didn't drive it or ride in it.
When she pulled up I was like this dude sent his wife to pick this up. Then found out it's her car.
Lol yea by the look on your face l knew you were surprised lol ,
It would to happen all the time when I used to street race. the look on the guys face when I got out of the car was always priceless lmao
Thanks And exactly I kept telling people that the car didn’t sound right and they wouldn’t listen to me ☹️ one guy told me it sounded great and I just said thank you but it sounded sick to me

Last edited:

BCICAN

Established Member
I got a new battery too and today I’m driving to clear the codes.
And …… I got pulled over but it’s ok . I just got a warning because I told him it’s y’all’s fault because you guys said to beat it like it owes me money ( someone said that on here one time about the o2 sensors lol ) the cop kinda laughed and just gave me a warning he said to be safe and let me go.

Users who are viewing this thread