I didn’t think it could get worse but I was wrong .

MG0h3

Established Member
This thread needs to end and be locked. It is no longer productive. Name calling and personal insults won't contribute to fixing the vehicle. This banter doesn't belong in here. It can go to smackdown.

Tom

Not to worry Tom.

Car is fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BCICAN

Established Member
I’m still wondering what you “Fixed” to stop the random misfire codes. It damn sure wasn’t a collapsed radiator hose.

I’ve had similar codes to yours (random & varied). I took mine back to the engine builder (famous local Mustang shop). Left the car there for several days, they couldn’t find the cause.

I vetted a few Ford dealers, then selected the one that guaranteed they could diagnose it accurately or it costs me nothing.

It took the diagnostician about 5 minutes to diagnose/locate the fault, and about 20 minutes to repair.

It was a bad wiring-harness & plug- connector, at the crank position sensor (Backside of the block).

It costed about $327 to fix, and took up about 30-45 minutes total as I was driving away with a happily Boosted-Coyote and a smile.

The connector damage resembled the one pictured in post #69.

Money very well spent. I would’ve never found it on my own, and don’t like wasting time dicking around stupidly hoping to I could that I could.

If I hadn’t found a good Ford (dealership) shop, I wouldn’t have batted an eye, at shipping it off to someone competent.

When you get codes jumping all over the place, it’s always electrical.

I am hoping the car will stay fixed but I don’t have the best of luck so I am prepared to adjust my ideas if I need to lol. I have taken it to more than one ford service department who all claimed to be good but obviously weren’t. It was more than the collapsed hose I had spent to much time chasing the codes that I was getting and others were getting so I decided to try finding the cause a different way . When I saw the collapsed hose i started to focus on that and work in a different direction instead of chasing all the codes I was getting in hopes it would lead to some kind of answer. The part about the collapsed hose is that there aren’t a lot of reasons that can cause them. So I started ruling those out to see what I could figure out because the hose is just a symptom. But it’s a symptom of something that can cause over heating etc etc and I hoped l backtracking would help me to rule out other things. So it was the upper radiator hose not the lower which narrowed it down some . The car temp gage in the dash didn’t show it was over heating , the coolant wasn’t too low , I couldn’t find a leak, the spark plugs had been recently checked and or replaced. I changed the radiator cap but when I took the radiator cap off the hose instantly went back to normal. The system is supposed tolto allow things to work smoothly but if there is something clogging it up then that’s what causes the hose to collapse a problem with the pressure. The hoses didn’t look broken or damaged and honestly if they had been leaking it wouldn’t have collapsed because the air would have escaped , but I still checked that too. The thing about the thermostat is that it can get stuck and when it does things stay too hot which isn’t good or too cold which isn’t good either or back and forth mess up which is confusing for everything. The back and forth of thermostat mess up would explain the crazy codes too. Then you have to acknowledge that the codes aren’t always exactly right and they sometimes just give you an idea of what may be wrong. That’s because computers truly can be a huge PITA ! At one point I was worried I may have an issue with the ECU but after learning more about mode $06 I thought maybe not and decided to continue in the direction I was going. So back to what I was saying once I got to the thermostat ,after ruling out other possible causes of the collapsed hose, it supported my hypothesis more because the thing was stuck like it had been glued in but when I finally did get it out it didn’t look the best and compared to the new one it was obviously not in the best shape. So I put in the new one and crossed my fingers thinking worst case it didn’t need to be replaced but it’s just $30 lol . I refilled the coolant etc cleaned the MAF with MAF spray cleaner too cause might as well because already there and had seen a code about that too lol and reconnected the battery so after I did that when I got the chance I drove it but just in town because the weather is not the best and didn’t want to deal with that right now but when I got back I checked the codes again and it was much better I just have o2 codes I need to clear but need to be able to get to the hwy because there is only so much I can do in town for clearing those o2 codes . The thing about the O2 codes with this car is that they are not new I have had to clear them in the past too it’s irritating but not surprising for this car , if it hadn’t happened in the past more than once I would be more concerned than I am.

MG0h3

Established Member
I am hoping the car will stay fixed but I don’t have the best of luck so I am prepared to adjust my ideas if I need to lol. I have taken it to more than one ford service department who all claimed to be good but obviously weren’t. It was more than the collapsed hose I had spent to much time chasing the codes that I was getting and others were getting so I decided to try finding the cause a different way . When I saw the collapsed hose i started to focus on that and work in a different direction instead of chasing all the codes I was getting in hopes it would lead to some kind of answer. The part about the collapsed hose is that there aren’t a lot of reasons that can cause them. So I started ruling those out to see what I could figure out because the hose is just a symptom. But it’s a symptom of something that can cause over heating etc etc and I hoped l backtracking would help me to rule out other things. So it was the upper radiator hose not the lower which narrowed it down some . The car temp gage in the dash didn’t show it was over heating , the coolant wasn’t too low , I couldn’t find a leak, the spark plugs had been recently checked and or replaced. I changed the radiator cap but when I took the radiator cap off the hose instantly went back to normal. The system is supposed tolto allow things to work smoothly but if there is something clogging it up then that’s what causes the hose to collapse a problem with the pressure. The hoses didn’t look broken or damaged and honestly if they had been leaking it wouldn’t have collapsed because the air would have escaped , but I still checked that too. The thing about the thermostat is that it can get stuck and when it does things stay too hot which isn’t good or too cold which isn’t good either or back and forth mess up which is confusing for everything. The back and forth of thermostat mess up would explain the crazy codes too. Then you have to acknowledge that the codes aren’t always exactly right and they sometimes just give you an idea of what may be wrong. That’s because computers truly can be a huge PITA ! At one point I was worried I may have an issue with the ECU but after learning more about mode $06 I thought maybe not and decided to continue in the direction I was going. So back to what I was saying once I got to the thermostat ,after ruling out other possible causes of the collapsed hose, it supported my hypothesis more because the thing was stuck like it had been glued in but when I finally did get it out it didn’t look the best and compared to the new one it was obviously not in the best shape. So I put in the new one and crossed my fingers thinking worst case it didn’t need to be replaced but it’s just $30 lol . I refilled the coolant etc cleaned the MAF with MAF spray cleaner too cause might as well because already there and had seen a code about that too lol and reconnected the battery so after I did that when I got the chance I drove it but just in town because the weather is not the best and didn’t want to deal with that right now but when I got back I checked the codes again and it was much better I just have o2 codes I need to clear but need to be able to get to the hwy because there is only so much I can do in town for clearing those o2 codes . The thing about the O2 codes with this car is that they are not new I have had to clear them in the past too it’s irritating but not surprising for this car , if it hadn’t happened in the past more than once I would be more concerned than I am.

JFC what in the holy hell are you talking about?

You are all over the place.

Can you at least tell us what fixed the problem?

Seriously curious. Did you or someone actually do anything?

BCICAN

Established Member
i just want to see the photo comparison between mg0h3's chick and this broad.... its gonna be bad unless this chick is a 10.
I’m married with kids it shouldn’t matter what I look like lol so think anything you want .

BCICAN

Established Member
JFC what in the holy hell are you talking about?

You are all over the place.

Can you at least tell us what fixed the problem?

Seriously curious. Did you or someone actually do anything?

I honestly don’t understand what you don’t understand about what I typed. That’s what I did and that is what happened you all saw the codes I was getting in the beginning the most recent was this.
F23DD8F8-1637-48D8-8094-4C104517EA8E.png

Last edited:

MG0h3

Established Member
I honestly don’t understand what you don’t understand about what I typed. That’s what I did and that is what happened you all saw the codes I was getting in the beginning the most recent was this.
View attachment 1767947

I’m asking what you actually did. Like a repair. A fix. Something.

My bad if I missed you making a repair somewhere along the way.

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
Take the old thermostat and put it in a pan of water with your candy thermometer, bring to a boil. Keep an eye on the thermometer starting around 180 or so. Note when it opens.

Report back.

Also, what have you done with the loaned throttle body?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
At this point I have spent $2,230 and my car is still not fixed. I talked to HPP ( I had to call them they didn’t call me ) and they told me it wasn’t the $900 tune that was the problem it was something else , I think I said that , I said ok when can I bring it and they told me not till January because they are busy . WTF I do not understand why it is so hard to find someone to do more than take my money . HPP put the car back to original so it doesn’t have the $900 tune any more they put the original CAI and tune but it is still doing same things it went into limp 2 times this morning. It blows my mind I live in Dallas Fort Worth and I can not find one person that will fix my car.
Quoted the OP since he deleted it.

BCICAN

Established Member
Quoted the OP since he deleted it.
Yea that was right after the previous place had replaced the part that didn’t need to be replaced and I was frustrated with everything I had do deal with regarding the car. I understand why I had to wait but I wasn’t happy about I won’t have to pay them for the tune again but they understandably needed more time to be able to figure out what was going on with the car and January was the first opening they had for that .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread