I could seriously cry right now..

hittinboost

Established Member
It doesn't matter if it's a v6, a 2v, or a 4v. Apparently it had some sentimental value attached to it and he was upset to see someone destroy it. I would be the same way if I seen somebody rape one of my past cars like that. Sorry to see OP.

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
When u sell ur ride u need to detach urself from it. My wife has been thinking of selling her turbo 05 GT but the car we have owned since brand new and she cannot see anyone else drive it yet. So we still hold onto it. I sold my 08 F150, hard to do but I mentally pushed myself to accept it.

toolow91

Established Member
When u sell ur ride u need to detach urself from it. My wife has been thinking of selling her turbo 05 GT but the car we have owned since brand new and she cannot see anyone else drive it yet. So we still hold onto it. I sold my 08 F150, hard to do but I mentally pushed myself to accept it.

Perfectly put, i had the same issue when i sold my 00gt and i finally had to push myself to do it because i knew its what had to happen

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
I sold my 97 it was pretty well taken car of, kid i sold it to gave me sob story he's always wanted one etc so i felt bad and so i lowered the price. Kid took it to the track, blew clutch and i believe the tranny, fixed and sold for about $2k more.....I was pretty pissed like wow...

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Am not aware of the current condition of my previous car, but I know that the two houses I grew up in are now complete trash thanks to the new owners. They've let the exterior maintenance go, the yards are completely overgrown with weeds, etc. Just because I don't have any personal stake in the residences any longer doesn't mean it doesn't pain me to see them in such shitty condition. I could relate those feelings to my previous car if I were to find out it was in less than stellar condition.

Bad Chariot

Established Member
While I can not 100% say it's the same car but I am 99.999% sure it is.

I bought a 1995 GT out of college owned it for 2 years after 2 winters in Boston that showed I could not have that car in the snow. I traded the car in on a brand new 1999 Mercury Cougar in June 1998. In late July/Early August, there was a news story about 2 kids getting killed on a local highway not far from the dealership. They went all around the car and I could see the small sticker in the corner from the Mercury dealership. Thinking how many white, gray cloth 5 speed 16 inch rim 95 GT's do you think they have sold to teenagers in the last year?

I had the vin # for a real long time and I never had anyone run it for I am not sure I wanted the 100% truth.

5ohpowa

Established Member
I kno the feeling man. Ive sold a few only to watch them get beat down. One of my old mach1s i sold got beat to death then run underneath the back of a tahoe. Another of my machs the guy got drunk and banged 2nd gear leaving friday wawa only to jump a curb and rip the suspension out. Both my old saleens are shit now too. Ive cutom painted 4 in the past couple years and 3 went to good homes the other is getting wholesaled(traded for my 2013) hopefully far far away.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This made me go back to when I owned my '94 Camaro, heavily modified by Callaway Cars. I put a lot of money and time into my car and it was a regional show winner one year. Runner-up the following year. I sold the car for a nice profit ($30K) because the buyer wanted THAT car for his son. He knew it was well modified and a show winner. Within a month his son put on a horrendous hood, screwed up the engine, ruined the suspension, changed the wheels and messed with more of the exterior. Ruined it IMO. So badly that a mere few months later his father (the buyer) tried to sell it three times on eBay for $11K, $10K and $9K and couldn't do it. I heard he eventually sold it for around $6K. He took a huge loss. Yeah, the first time I saw photos of what his son had done it stung a bit, because of how much I put into it, and it was in such mint condition. But I quickly came to the reality that it was no longer my car and the kid had every right to ruin or kill it. I never again cared to hear any more about the car. It's only a car and life goes on.

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
that is one of the downfalls of selling a ride that you've created... and someone else partying with it; it sucks, i would know.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I do not understand what is "sad" about it. it is no longer your car, it is his car and he can do to it what he wants. to get exersized to the point where "you could just cry" is silly

Eh, if I saw my old blue car in a trashed state I'd be a little upset. I don't even want to try to find it. It's 2 owners gone now.

And FWIW, I sold it for the down payment on my mom's house.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Eh, if I saw my old blue car in a trashed state I'd be a little upset. I don't even want to try to find it. It's 2 owners gone now.

And FWIW, I sold it for the down payment on my mom's house.

from this I get a "man that is too bad what he did to that car" feeling, which is understandable

From the op I get the impression he turned away in tears, which is silly

I am like a lot of people here, once the car leaves my garage I forget about it. if I could find my first mustang, a 1967 pony packaged coupe with the 200 ci 6 cyl I would probably buy it back but I wouldn't "seriously cry" over finding it trashed in the junk yard either.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
from this I get a "man that is too bad what he did to that car" feeling, which is understandable

From the op I get the impression he turned away in tears, which is silly

Stop being such a grumpy old man, this isn't Smackdown :nono::p

Altho, from your posts in this thread, this is who I think of:

images

Mamby pamby something something Sissy something something grunt *spit*

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread