Hurricane Irma

Four Door SVT

Established Member
Cuba getting pounded

20c693433df52e17cb4d4cb41835887b.jpg
e5920eb0c1163ce49b4796660a7f5c8a.jpg

7upstang

Established Member
Welp, it's headed right for us. We packed up nearly our whole apartment as if it were the last time we would see it. I fully expect our place to be gone. The eye is aimed right at us here in Fort Myers. Going over where my dad is in Naples.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
All of my cousins left Cape Coral/Ft Myers yesterday morning and arrived about 5:30am today. We pleaded with them since Saturday to come and stay and they finally listened. They've been there for every major storm since 1978 or so and this one they were actually fearful of. Closed up his tinting shop and house and left...this might be the final straw to get them to move up here. For those of you that stayed, be safe and hope it decides to continue moving due west.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
5 of us boarded up 6 houses in about 9 hours today including travel etc...I'm beat. Pretty sure we freaked out the neighbors when our box truck and bunch of trucks rolled up. We were hanging plywood within 5 minutes, neighbors all promptly left for lowes

A little clean up tomorrow and we'll be good to go. Looks like the f150 will be stuck outside protecting the garage

Stay safe everybody

BladeX10

Established Member
irma.jpg

Jose is a Cat 4 hurricane and Irma makes it look like alittle pinball in comparison. This storm is ****ing massive

Kiohtee

Established Member
I remember someone saying the comparison of Irma and Andrew (as far as size) was BS earlier, but everything I have found so far (and this is the internet, so it must be true) indicates that comparison to be factual.

The fact that Irma can and will engulf pretty much the entire state of Florida and that it's bigger than the state of Ohio is absurd. I am praying so hard for you crazy stayers.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Every update is worse news for us on the west coast, it's not gonna end well. I only have 3 years left to pay off my house, I hope I still have an intact roof and walls on Monday. I got phone calls tonight from both my brothers in Massachusetts cause they saw on the news that my county is under evacuation.

Four Door SVT

Established Member
Welp, it's headed right for us. We packed up nearly our whole apartment as if it were the last time we would see it. I fully expect our place to be gone. The eye is aimed right at us here in Fort Myers. Going over where my dad is in Naples.

That's the wrong place, pick up your dad and gtfo

_Snake_

Established Member
Seriously second guessing my decision to stay. This shift to the west really has me worried.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Get out brother, this ****er is going to rewrite the books on hurricanes. I cant even begin to imagine the cost of damage. I think this may cause insurance rates to spike nationwide to cover the cost...

Get out please everyone. Possessions, homes, cars can all be replaced. Your lives cannot. Whether damage is from the winds, flooding, or the inevitable lawlessness and looting that is sure to follow in its wake, its going to be ugly for a long time in Florida I think.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I told Brad and I will tell you guys who stayed, After it passes please check in. It may be days before it is passable to get there but I will get to you if need be with supplies.
Thanks brother. Supposed to hit our area about 8 tomorrow night with the heavy stuff. I'll keep you updated as I can. I'm sure we'll loose power, cable/internet and cell service like last time.

Users who are viewing this thread