HPP vs. strictly

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Speed shops are like beer. Everyone likes their particular flavor and thinks theirs is the best.

Personally, I prefer PSI in Houston. They have always done quality work, never tried to rip me off, and their tuning is excellent. There's a reason they have the fastest built motor and stock motor Lightnings in TX.

texaswrx

Established Member
Sinister04L said:
Speed shops are like beer. Everyone likes their particular flavor and thinks theirs is the best.

Personally, I prefer PSI in Houston. They have always done quality work, never tried to rip me off, and their tuning is excellent. There's a reason they have the fastest built motor and stock motor Lightnings in TX.
Another vote here as well. They are my beer of choice, by far.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Sinister04L said:

That's only because dorks from Houston would be dumb enough to race a glorified farm truck with the aerodynamics of a house. So you win that argument on a technicality. :lol:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
FoofKiller said:
That's only because dorks from Houston would be dumb enough to race a glorified farm truck with the aerodynamics of a house. So you win that argument on a technicality. :lol:

When your daily driven, all power accessory, a/c, full interior ride goes 9.89 (and soon to be much faster) let me know. :D

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
chadtx01 said:
Let that sink in for a second.
So he has money, big deal. I don't mean to detract from the vehicle because that's similar to what I plan to build in a few years, but all he really did was just write a big check.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
SVT Lurch said:
So he has money, big deal. I don't mean to detract from the vehicle because that's similar to what I plan to build in a few years, but all he really did was just write a big check.

Actually, a lot of time and effort went into the build of the truck to get it that fast. It wasn't just a matter of plopping down the money to do it. A lot of R&D and track time was done to perfect the truck, and keep the creature comforts too.

In order to go that fast in any late model vehicle, it's gonna take money, that's no secret either. :shrug:

chadtx01

Banned
SVT Lurch said:

Do you expect a 9 second ride for free?

Maybe he has spent alot of money on it, but he's also put a ton of man hours in on it. He didnt drop off a stock Lightning and pick up a 9 second truck. He put a ton of work in it and its paid off.

Regardless, I dont see how anybody can bitch about a 9 second truck thats street legal, still has a full interior, working AC and accessories.

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
Sinister04L said:
Actually, a lot of time and effort went into the build of the truck to get it that fast. It wasn't just a matter of plopping down the money to do it. A lot of R&D and track time was done to perfect the truck, and keep the creature comforts too.

In order to go that fast in any late model vehicle, it's gonna take money, that's no secret either. :shrug:
chadtx01 said:
Do you expect a 9 second ride for free?

Maybe he has spent alot of money on it, but he's also put a ton of man hours in on it. He didnt drop off a stock Lightning and pick up a 9 second truck. He put a ton of work in it and its paid off.

Regardless, I dont see how anybody can bitch about a 9 second truck thats street legal, still has a full interior, working AC and accessories.
I understand all that, but you guys are talking like it's some unattainable thing. Like I said in the first post, I'm not bitching about his truck or trying to take away from his accomplishment, but you guys are talking like no one else has a chance of getting one. I'm not so naive to think it didn't take a ton of time, effort, research, on top of the money.

chadtx01

Banned
SVT Lurch said:
I understand all that, but you guys are talking like it's some unattainable thing. Like I said in the first post, I'm not bitching about his truck or trying to take away from his accomplishment, but you guys are talking like no one else has a chance of getting one. I'm not so naive to think it didn't take a ton of time, effort, research, on top of the money.

Neither one of us are talking about it being unattainable, but your post make it sounds like its some simple feat. Obviously its not or there would be more than a handful of Gen 2 Lightnings in the 9's.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
SVT Lurch said:

Nothing is unattainable. With enough money and knowledge, you can go as fast as you want. This truck is the 3rd or 4th fastest street driven Lightning in the country though. No small feat. Whether or not it can be done isn't the point, it IS being done. Anyone "can" do something, but who actually does it?

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
Sinister04L said:
Nothing is unattainable. With enough money and knowledge, you can go as fast as you want. This truck is the 3rd or 4th fastest street driven Lightning in the country though. No small feat. Whether or not it can be done isn't the point, it IS being done. Anyone "can" do something, but who actually does it?
Your comment was fine assuming it's your truck in question. Just a little friendly smack talk about a possible rivalry.
chadtx01 said:
Neither one of us are talking about it being unattainable, but your post make it sounds like its some simple feat. Obviously its not or there would be more than a handful of Gen 2 Lightnings in the 9's.
Your comment came off as oh look I've got a buddy who's car can do this, this and this and it has A/C. That is a retarded game, everyone has a friend with a faster car. My response was to what you said about it sinking in (which is why that's what I quoted). As far as it being a simple feat, simple is a relative term.

chadtx01

Banned
SVT Lurch said:
Your comment was fine assuming it's your truck in question. Just a little friendly smack talk about a possible rivalry.

Your comment came off as oh look I've got a buddy who's car can do this, this and this and it has A/C. That is a retarded game, everyone has a friend with a faster car. My response was to what you said about it sinking in (which is why that's what I quoted). As far as it being a simple feat, simple is a relative term.

It wasnt me saying my buddy can do this, my buddy can do that, it was more emphasis to the guy that said only dorks in houston are dumb enough to make Lightnings fast. Neither one of the original quotes were directed towards you. Whether or not he was joking, the comment was kind of abrassive and insulting.

Personally, IMO no matter how you look at it, taking a truck or any late model vehicle to the 9's isnt simple regardless of how you view the term. We're not talking about 12's, we're talking about single digits.

Last edited:

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
chadtx01 said:
It wasnt me saying my buddy can do this, my buddy can do that, it was more emphasis to the guy that said only dorks in houston are dumb enough to make Lightnings fast. Neither one of the original quotes were directed towards you. Whether or not he was joking, the comment was kind of abrassive and insulting.

Personally, IMO no matter how you look at it, taking a truck or any late model vehicle to the 9's isnt simple regardless of how you view the term. We're not talking about 12's, we're talking about single digits.
Well I knew he was joking about the farm truck so I guess I missed the problem.

Like I said, it's relative.

blownaltered

Established Member
I'm not saying anything about Manny, his car is bad ass but, he has run the 1/4 more than once and has never hit a 9, all you guys bagging on the truck that runs 9's, saying anybody can do that with enough money. Well guess not Manny hasn't done that with a 1000 hp car then maybe its not that easy

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
blownaltered said:
I'm not saying anything about Manny, his car is bad ass but, he has run the 1/4 more than once and has never hit a 9, all you guys bagging on the truck that runs 9's, saying anybody can do that with enough money. Well guess not Manny hasn't done that with a 1000 hp car then maybe its not that easy
He never actually ran a 9 second pass to my knowledge, but numerous 10.0x with a slipping clutch, and according to Jeremy he ran an 1/8th mile time that will equate to a 9 second pass. Like I said though, I was never bagging on the truck.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
blownaltered said:

Exactly my point. What "can" be done and what is "actually" done are often 2 very different things. It's not easy by any means.

Users who are viewing this thread