HPP vs. strictly

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
SVT Lurch said:
LTHL VMN has an 04 with Bassani mids and Strictly works on his car.
Fatal Strike has bassani mids and they REFUSED to work on his. Said they were junk and would probably leak again a week after they fixed them. He was willing to pay the money to get the one tube leaking fixed and then a retune. They said nope and just retuned his car with a primary tube sounding like it was open exhaust. They did say that they would sell him a better set of hedders though. Gee, I bet they would.

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Tony's headers always seem to be leaking too.

My bassani exhaust parts are really well made.. I don't understand.

My Mac LT's are leaking now though.

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
But let me get this straight.

A shop is unwilling to fix a header leak for a customer, because the fix would most likely be temporary and they would not want to repair it continually under warranty.. (header leaks are a bitch to fix.. lots of labor). They don't charge for the repair and instead offer a better product. Seems like GOOD customer service to me. An asshole shop would have fixed the leak, charged for it.. and then fixed it the next 10 times... charging for it.

They used their experience to help someone make an intelligent decision.

Come on man, that's a weak ass reason to trash a shop on the net.

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
I haven't had any problems with my Kooks long tubes. I don't know what the deal is with some of these bassani stories i've been hearing. I always thought they had some of the best stuff on the market. Maybe its just a design flaw.

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
foofinator said:
But let me get this straight.

A shop is unwilling to fix a header leak for a customer, because the fix would most likely be temporary and they would not want to repair it continually under warranty.. (header leaks are a bitch to fix.. lots of labor). They don't charge for the repair and instead offer a better product. Seems like GOOD customer service to me. An asshole shop would have fixed the leak, charged for it.. and then fixed it the next 10 times... charging for it.

They used their experience to help someone make an intelligent decision.

Alright, how about the fact that I made 35 more rwhp on a local dyno with the same parts with a 11.7 a/f ratio with my old lightning after I played with the tune that was put into my predator by stricktly. Made 401 rwhp going in(on their custom tune), and 436 coming out.(predators pulley tune) All we did was compare predators generic pulley tune with their cutom tune. Predator pulley tune > than strictlys custom tune. OR, how about another friend of mine who brought his 05 gt in for a nitrous kit install and colder plugs and a tune. He was charged for all of the above, sprayed one bottle through it and car developed a miss and check engine light was on. He figured he popped a plug, so he brought the car to a local shop to check---LO and behold. NO autolite plugs. Just the stock ones that came in the car. He had to argue and
show them the documents from the other shop. Then he was told that. . . whoops, we made a mistake.:dw: ---some of that good customer service you were talking about----(glad their mistake tuned for colder plugs didn't cost him an engine)
As for offering a better product, I always thought that bassani had pretty good stuff. And believe me, you don't have to tell me how hard hedder leaks and install are, I already know, I used to do the ASE mechanic crap for 7 yrs. I've installed ALL of the parts on my 03 cobra myself. And I am going to fix my friends bassani hedder leak. Jobs like that just pay by the hour, and he was willing to pay them by the hour to get it fixed. I know all shops have good and bad, but when three people I know personally whom have all had bad experiences with strictly, it kind of makes you think.
As for intelligent decision, how intelligent was it to go ahead and tune the car with a Massive exhaust leak? Oh, and by the way--they didn't even look at the car before saying that they wouldn't work on the hedders. They heard the name bassani and said no.

Last edited:

big nasty

02 True Blue
Established Member
foofinator said:
I dont see it as trashing a shop, that is what happened with Fatal Strike and the 05 GT. Fatal Strike has spent a lot of money with them when they first got there start and know they pull this on him.

big nasty

02 True Blue
Established Member
I starting to think Bassani doesnt make performance exhaust they dont even have a cat back that fits a Lightning with traction bars.

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Not trying to start an argument.. just because a tune made more power than a previous one doesn't mean that it's better. AF isn't the only thing you have to watch as you know being a mechanic. Maybe the Strictly tune had all the proper timing retards to keep your engine safe.. thus reducing HP in certain situations. I know my old HPP tune felt weaker compared to my predator tune.. and that was exactly why. It just wasn't safe.

All I'm saying is that there are two sides to every story.

I'm glad you found a shop that you are happy with doing your work.. that's all that really matters. :thumbsup:

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
foofinator said:
Not trying to start an argument.. just because a tune made more power than a previous one doesn't mean that it's better. AF isn't the only thing you have to watch as you know being a mechanic. Maybe the Strictly tune had all the proper timing retards to keep your engine safe.. thus reducing HP in certain situations. I know my old HPP tune felt weaker compared to my predator tune.. and that was exactly why. It just wasn't safe.

All I'm saying is that there are two sides to every story.

I'm glad you found a shop that you are happy with doing your work.. that's all that really matters. :thumbsup:
I agree. I have read some good things about strictly--its just that personal situations i have seen say otherwise. They turn out some nice cars--but like you said, everyone has their own preferences. The tune I was talking about, was ran safely for 2 years(until someone got greedy and ran the truck in O/D at WOT in 40 degree weather with a different CAI- without a retune) We can just agree that all shops have their good and bad.
Funny story: a local shop around here has told me and a few others that a 03-04 cobra with a KB and all the bolt ons(throttle body, boost a pump & spark, CAI, full exhaust-long tubes etc.) at 18-19 psi will only put out 500-510rwhp.(i am not making this up) Anything more than that is just an inflated magazine number. They also said that a whipple 2.3 at the same boost level as a KB 2.2 will make 25-35 rwhp more. When i got mine re-tuned at Murillo's, they didn't believe the numbers my friend told them i made and said for me to bring it by and they would show me that there was no way that my car was making that kind of power on their dyno.Then they found out that murillos had the same dyno they had-then they said he skewed the results---yada yada yada. Whatever. Not too many people around here use them. Don't see how they stay in business.

big nasty

02 True Blue
Established Member
TNTLightning said:
The tune I was talking about, was ran safely for 2 years(until someone got greedy and ran the truck in O/D at WOT in 40 degree weather with a different CAI- without a retune)QUOTE]

Yes. . . I did but I still won the race and now I got a better motor and I knew the risk I was taking.

Last edited:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
i figured out how to beat the dreaded Bassani header leak....double up the stock metal gaskets with the bassani donut gaskets and lock em all down with some stage 8 locking header bolts
too much he said/she said/my buddy's car was taken there....BS

big nasty

02 True Blue
Established Member
Well. . well. . well fixed the header leak my friend just didnt have the bolts tight, so let me get this straight Strictly Performance told him it was to hard to get to so they didnt fix it and tuned with exhaust leak. We fixed it with a floor jack, jack stands, and 1/4 inch drive ratch set, took off the starter and there it was. We even had a few beers B.S.ing and took about 4 hours not that hard, I know they didnt look at it or they would have said what tube was leaking but oohh well its fixed.

s_x_i

Established Member
LTHL VNM said:

Ok,

MY car went there MY motor let go the 2nd day after Strictly tuned it whilst I was doing a 2nd to 3rd Gear pull.

Strictly's response was 'Oh that's a shame, these things happen some times'

HPP's response was :rollseyes yup another Strictly tune...

MY ***ing car is in pieces right now and Strictly couldn't care less.

I wouldn't even let them change the wheels on a skateboard.

And to boot - they quoted me 2 days for the job, it took over 2 weeks with add ons and b/s excuses about why they weren't finished.

I feel thoroughly disgusted with Strictly Performance, you are a fool if you do not heed the warnings that I and others have posted. One or two dissatisfied customers is one thing, but the number of people talking bad about them can't all be unjustified. STAY AWAY.

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
LTHL VNM said:
i figured out how to beat the dreaded Bassani header leak....double up the stock metal gaskets with the bassani donut gaskets and lock em all down with some stage 8 locking header bolts
Or. . . OR, you can put the Bassani gaskets in and tighten down the primary tube like it's supposed to be and they WON'T leak either. Ask me how i know. Obviously my friggin driveway > strictly. There is a difference, I looked at my buddies header leak and said, "I can fix it", not pretend to look at it and say that it was "not able to be fixed, because it would leak right after it was fixed". Whatever, it's fixed and doesn't leak---that's all my buddy was looking for--not excuses and bad attitudes.

Users who are viewing this thread