HPP vs. strictly

32valvesvt

Established Member
if you just spent 5 grand where would you take you car to get tuned? had a friend with 06 kb went to hpp told me to go there but have another with 03 cobra told me to go to strictly. just tryng to get some thoughts

TenthScale

Established Member
If you are considering going down to Strictly.. Skip that and head over to PSI.. Much better.. HPP can not comment on since I have no direct dealings.

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
I had my car tuned by HPP and couldn't be happier with it. But my buddy LTHL VNM swears by Strictly and I was down there one time and saw Richard tune his car and he made good power. I still have to go with the home town boys and say take it to HPP though. :thumbsup:

ragu1585

Game Over
Established Member
my car (from previous owner) was tuned at hpp. i will be goin to psi, possibly strickly for my next few mods though (never delt with any of them personally though)

Deftones

Established Member
HPP bar none! Great peaple down to earth and no BS. Amazing tuners! never really heard anything about the other guys though.

03SonicSnake

Member of 500/500 Club
Established Member
Strictly has always been awesome to me. I just spent about $2300 again there and am again completely satisfied!! Richard knows his stuff and Anthony as well as the other staff are always willing to help. I don't know anything about HPP or PSI so I'm not going to down them. I've heard good things about both too but never dealt with them in person.

Last edited:

WOMACK03

Whipple Powered
Established Member
Hpp tuned my car and it runs like a champ. My A/F ratio stays safe on my wideband through any pull, and the car make great Tq and Hp.

JKD

Banned
WOMACK03 said:
Hpp tuned my car and it runs like a champ. My A/F ratio stays safe on my wideband through any pull, and the car make great Tq and Hp.

Edited due to funny post that would have made M1M shit his Depends.

Last edited:

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
32valvesvt said:
if you just spent 5 grand where would you take you car to get tuned? had a friend with 06 kb went to hpp told me to go there but have another with 03 cobra told me to go to strictly. just tryng to get some thoughts
Call/visit them both and see who gives you a warm, fuzzy feeling. Everyone can offer you advice, but only you can make the decision. :beer:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
Strictly Performance has some of the most proven 03/04 Cobras on the street/track. so many of my friends have had their cobras modded and tuned there and are the same cars busting all kinds of cars at the street and track, making sick power, and not losing a bit of reliability as a street driven muscle car

but don't take my word for it, just call them and talk to them for yourself
Richard, Wally, and the rest of the guys will get you taken care of

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
JKD said:
LOL! I love sarcasm. :bowdown:
I wasn't being sarcastic.
You're gonna hear good and bad about every shop out there. What matters is how you relate to them on a personal level. No matter how good a shop's rep is, if you aren't comfortable with the person working on your car, you won't be happy.

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
I've said it a billion times and I'll say it again. Go anywhere but Strictly...I don't trust them and neither to do several other people that I've met. If you want to spend lots of money on a crappy tune and the worst customer service possible, by all means go to Strictly. Just don't say I didn't warn you when your motor blows. If you want more horror stories about them just PM me.

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
I can't speak for Strictly or PSI but my Cobra has been modded and tuned by Manny and the guys at HPP for 3 years now (former and present). No issues and it always runs right without issues. Take Racerats advise and check them all out and choose whoever you're comfortable with. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread