HPP vs. strictly

blownaltered

Established Member
Trick Pony said:
You seem to miss the point. The fact that the stock longblock making 900+ rwhp has survived as long as it has means the tune is good. And I see tons of Terminators all the time and I sure as hell don't see many of them making that kind of power, so I guess you're just hard to impress. :shrug:
So on that note Jeremy's first motor should have never blown with HPP's tune

blownaltered said:
So on that note Jeremy's first motor should have never blown with HPP's tune
Well tune has nothing to do with multiple 150+ mph runs. Everybody knows that it's a bad idea to do high mph blasts on the stock 03-04 block.

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
In all fairness my original tune was too aggressive. I didn't help the situation with my 170+ blasts. Had I not driven it like I do, everything would have probably been fine.

Donnie, the true king of parent funding.. you need some new material. Plus a new head unit if you want even a shot at beating me.

You speak of safe tunes and what not.. when it was you who got upset at HPP for not tuning that time bomb you call a 2v any hotter than they did.

_40009431_nagasaki238.jpg

And besides, I thought you said gearheads wouldn't take nearly as long on your car as HPP did on mine.. Can't they put a motor in in like 2 minutes or something?

Last edited:

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
That's sad to hear SXI. I would at least call Richard, I'm sure he'd like to make right by you. Either way I know the guys at HPP will. :thumbup:
SVT Lurch said:
the stock motor that made 900 was pulled out of the car and it ran/runs fine.
Just for clarification: I talked to Manny yesterday and after the oil pump gears gave up on his stroker motor they put the stock one back in and that's what he's driving around with now.

1bad03snake

powered by cold beer
Established Member
I got my car tuned at PSI and the car runs better than before, My buddy has a 01 S/C gt tuned by strictly and when he shifts a WOT it looks like a flame thrower from the rear, his car is going to PSI soon.

Neutrinodl18

Established Member
I was thinking of going to strictly but kept hearing horror stories. and to top it off everywhere I ask I keep hearing they are D!(k$

Last edited:

01tahoe

Established Member
Neutrinodl18 said:
I was thinking of going to strictly but kept hearing horror stories. and to top it off everywhere I ask I keep hearing they are D!(k$
Call Strictly up and ask to talk to Wally. He will get you set up.

Douger

Go BUCKEYES!
Established Member
I will be the new owner of an 04 Lightning come September and I plan on going with HPP because of the info here and also having a conversation with the guys @ HPP. What sux for me is that I am located in Del Rio on the border and will have to make the 8 hour drive. Unless there is a bad*ss tuner in S.A, I will be going to HPP.

01tahoe

Established Member
Douger said:
I will be the new owner of an 04 Lightning come September and I plan on going with HPP because of the info here and also having a conversation with the guys @ HPP. What sux for me is that I am located in Del Rio on the border and will have to make the 8 hour drive. Unless there is a bad*ss tuner in S.A, I will be going to HPP.
Murillo Motorsports...

dpotter

Established Member
I had a great experience at HPP, the guys are very knowledgeable, the shop is well equipped and I got a great tune. I highly recommend HPP.

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
01tahoe said:
Murillo Motorsports...
+1 Mike has tuned my 03 KB cobra, my buddies 03 KB cobra, and another friends 02 KB lightning. He has done an excellent job and will go the extra mile. If you have any questions about his shop, PM me.

big nasty

02 True Blue
Established Member
strictly performance is picky they only want to work on it if they like the parts you buy. . . if you have an 03-04 cobra and you get bassani mid length headers they will not work on them. My opinion if you put the headers on and need a leak fixed because you dont have time to do it they should fix it before they tune it but they didnt.

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
big nasty said:
if you have an 03-04 cobra and you get bassani mid length headers they will not work on them.
LTHL VMN has an 04 with Bassani mids and Strictly works on his car.

Users who are viewing this thread