How'd you end up with a Terminator?

carlp

Established Member
I bought an 01 Cobra used and had for a month or 2 before 03 came out. I had a wish list of what I wanted to do with the 01. Lo and behold, the 03 had all the goodies I wanted and then some. It was an easy decision. I picked the 03 up new at the end of the model year and saved some cash with year end deals.

Comp04svt

Established Member
I grew up a GM guy, but as soon as the 03's came out I fell in love with how they looked and the supercharged motor. I was all set to buy an 03 redfire and trade in my camaro. Couldnt get x-plan and the dealer was low balling my trade in, so I ended up with an 04 gto. Couple years later, I had built the gto, blower, cam, heads ect, and I end up racing an 04 cobra with a whipple and I got pulled on by a couple cars.

After that I had enough and bought an 03 redfire cobra convertable with 17k miles from a local dealer. The dealer sold me a title washed, salvage vehicle, so I ended up giving them the car back. So here I am today with my CO 04 and couldnt be happier. Mind you I still own an 09 G8 GT and an 07 Trailblazer SS.

IA Shelby

Established Member
I will probably get roasted for this story..

In essence, the decade of 2000-2010 was a blur to me outside of work and starting/raising a family.

I didn't have time for anything else. I have always been a car fanatic but my priorities were focused squarely on the two mentioned above.

Sadly I had never even heard of a terminator.(flame suit on). Remember in 2003-2004 I had three kids under the age of 4.

Fast forward to 2011. Kids are older, house has been remodeled and I have a fair amount of disposable income. So I purchase a New Shelby. Start attending local mustang events where I meet these guys that all have terminators.

Loved em' from the first moment I saw them. Fast forward to 2012 and I added a mint 04 OW vert to the home alongside the Shelby.

The perfect complement to my Shelby. My wife loves the car. She likes it much more than the GT500.

JSTBCUZ

Established Member
First car was a Camaro, and I used to beat on mustangs all the time. You know the usual thing when people make fun of fords etc. I wasn't and sort of aren't very fond of ford in general. The new stuff they're coming out with is very appealing and making me like them a bit more. Anyways, I've been through many cars, minitrucks, had a 300C on air and 22's, two tone paint etc. It was fast, but not fast enough. So I decided to sell it to get something I've longed for since I was 7 years old. A dodge viper. I found many within the price range I could afford, however for some reason banks don't like lending money to a Canadian buying a US vehicle. And they also don't list the viper in any black books. Needless to say they couldn't give me a loan for a vehicle they couldn't put a value on.

I was reading through one of our local forums and saw a TR convertible cobra for sale, read all the mods on it and said hell, why not go take a look at it. I went to look at it, he took me for a rip and this thing HAULED! I thought it over for a few days and went and took it for a test drive with the wife and she loved it.

So, I ended up with a car that will spank vipers, I can still have the top down, and is enjoyable. That's really all I can ask for out of a car.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
I was a freshman in college with my Bone stock 95 GT when the first 03s came out. I always drooled over them and thought they looked perfect and performed perfect. I had my 95 GT for about 6 more years and did the mods in my sig to it. Great car and still miss that cam lope. I sold the GT to help me and the wife buy a house. Gritted out two years without a mustang. I knew the next one i got would be a Terminator. Last May finally picked up my dream car!

sabotage

corn fed!!!!!!
Established Member
I was brought up around chevys......my first car was a 1991 lx 5.0 in high school supercharged it then sold then bought my 83 capri witch i still have. I was a freshman in high school when I saw a black 03 cobra with dealer plate out in the student parking lot I fell in love. I would google 03 cobra and I was hooked on the sonic blue and knew thats what I wanted but it was like a dream that I thought would never happen. About in 2009 I saw a sonic blue here locally I was in my capri with the big block ford. I tried to play with the guy but he didnt want none lol. That same guy traded it in a local dealer in 2011, my little brother told me about it and i got off early from work and i came home with it.

Arboc_tvs

Established Member
I’ve been a Jeep guy since I was 16 and always had a Jeep as my transportation/project/hobby. I have always liked Mustangs but never had one. Back in ’10 I had enough money to buy another fun car finally and I was about 80% sure I wanted the new Camaro. I even rented one from Avis back when you couldn’t find a Camaro anywhere on a dealer lot. Before I put in the order my dad mentioned that his neighbor was “selling his Mustang.” I was really sold on the idea of a new car so I told him that I wasn’t really interested. My dad’s neighbor thought that maybe he wasn’t clear enough and brought his car over to my dad’s house while I was there. He pulled in with a 04 Redfire Terminator with 8,000 miles on the clock, 2.8 pulley, longtubes, and a full exhaust. It had original tires and even the original windshield wipers…. It was cherry. Bought it on the spot. She’s got 26,000 miles on her now.

stangaddict09

Established Member
Im 34 years old now and Love my 04 Whipple Redfire Vert, I had owned and built around 30+ mustang over the years lots of fox's and SN's, followed up by a low mileage 04 lightning. Loved the whine!!!!! never thought a Terminator would be in my price range. Sold the Lightning saved a few pennies, and handed cash over for her. Thought seriously about a GT 500....I just still grin ear to ear every time I take her out......

vinny89gt

On The Reg
Established Member
I was a senior in high school in 2003 and I've wanted one ever since. Money just never permitted it.

My buddy and I were huge into Mustangs then; he had a 93 GT and I had an 89 GT. About 6 months ago, he texts me a picture of his new 03 Redfire Cobra with a message that said "Your turn."

I had been sort of looking for one, but the search went into code red. Found my 10th, drove a state, and picked her up.

20redfire03

Established Member
I bought a Mach 1 not long after graduating and getting a job and it was all well and good til a friend bought a 03 Cobra and let me drive it. After that I started browing online, found a few at hi end auto and test drove one and about a week later I traded my Mach 1 in on the car I have now. And now since I dont drive it as much due to having a DD I am considering selling it to help pay off my DD and maybe getting a Foxbody.

billsdoo

Established Member
I was getting the wife a new car of her choice and after owning a 86 GT she new she wanted another one. So after looking at GT's we came across the 03 Cobra with 17,000 miles on it. The dealer said it was in the process of being bought. So I my name anyways. I was second on the list. He calls me the next night saying things fell thru and I now have choice. I said I have to try it first. I fell in love.
After a year and half of the wife driving it and just about fighting with her everyday. Realizing what we have I told her it is time to repick another car for her and keep the Cobra for a long time. That is still the plan.
She ended up picking a 04 Saab 9.3 aero convertible. Nice in its own way.

Trevor04Cobra

Noob
Established Member
Well when I was a Senior in High school (2006) I was the original "Snake bite 2" video and fell in love with the "cobra that sounded like a jet". I owned a slow 98 V6 at that time. So, I decided that one day I would buy one.

Last year I almost had my 02 GT paid off when I joined Central IL SVT and told one of the head members that I was looking for on maybe in the next year(this was may 2012). However, being a in a group full of Terminators made me want one that much more. I then went and found one in northern IL and saw that I could afford payments. I then went to see if I could afford to insure the beast. My insurance only went up 5$ a month from a GT :lol: . So, I drove my GT up to Chicago and traded it in for my 2004 Cobra Vert. I then got horrible gas mileage the entire way home because I couldn't stop flooring it to hear the blower hahaha

That video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8kkV1SFDBI

Last edited:

M240Bravo

Established Member
I seen 04 sleepers and had to have one.

Got mine and never looked back.

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
Was never really a ford person at all. Had a honda then tahoes and a jacked up silverado. A high school friend of mine started dating a guy on here that has a 04 Torch Red coupe with just over 6k miles (Sitnlopro99gt). Loved the car was great in every way. Applied for a loan as a joke to myself and got approved. And it all went down hill from there. Next thing i know it was in that same guys garage getting cleaned next to his TR.

rudycobra

Established Member
My buddy ran mine into someone's house . I bought it back from insurance and love it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

machsmith87

Established Member
I always wanted a cobra but at the time i coudent afford it so I bought a 04 mach had it for 2 years i put a procharger on it and had it for 4 days the car got stolen so the money I got for the Mach I bought my 03 cobra

cobracide

Established Member
My buddy was looking for a car in 1999-00 and dragged me along for a test drive. The salesman handed my bud the keys and we had one question - the nearest long straight road with no crossings? We set off and as we turned on the "strip" he guns it.. At the time, I had a 94 4 cyl. So this 98 was cool? 75 mph in second gear! I know wow. Anyways, I already had a 2001 on order and had been waiting since 2000. He bought the '98. i got every bolt on and beat him pretty good w/324hp and 4.10s in the 2001 Cobra. Gears were always key on those cars. Ford kept the Terminator engine a good secret, one guy got fired from dumping info on the Blue Oval forums. Every bolt on in the book, got smoked by a blue vert Terminator, had to have one in 2008. FR500 heads and cams were ready to go in the 2001 too!

2003 Zinc Yellow, 7000 miles @ $26,000 stock. Now 70k miles and much better results with "every bolt on in the book". Don't know if I will ever buy another car without a Roots blower and a Mod motor. :)

Users who are viewing this thread