How'd you end up with a Terminator?

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
Truth is I never dreamed about owning one. I just decided one day to buy a performance car again and wanted a 6 speed and convertible. I decided I wanted another Mustang cause I had a 92GT that was Paxton Supercharged and I loved that car so I researched and within 1 month I bought my 03 SB Convertible with 3000 miles on it for $24k in June 2012. I really didn't know these cars existed till then cause I haven't owned a Mustang since 2002 and left the Mustang world behind till 2012.

nycarpenter

Established Member
I was at the dyno shop with my M90 2010 GT. Saw the pics of the owners 04 and it was ebay for the 2010 and a trip to virginia for the 04 :)

2004Droptop

Established Member
Grew up in a Ford/Mercury family. Started driving a 1966 Coupe with a 200 sprint motor. Went through several Mustangs; 88 GT, 84, 85 and 85.5 SVO's and a 01 GT with Saleen supercharger. Terminator then hit the showrooms but there was no way I could afford one in 03/04. I did go to the local dealer and droll over them often. When I sold the 01 in 05 I tried to buy a Terminator twice just to have them sold out from under me. In car induced temporary insanity my buddy talked me into a 01 Z06. Nice car but I missed the rawness of a Mustang. Sold the vette, got married and tried going without a toy car… I eventually drove my wife crazy showing her cars, talking about cars etc… finally she begged me to go buy something. Did not take me long to start the hunt and I knew what I wanted, a convertible Terminator. I realize a vert is not for everyone but I love it and the power isn’t too bad either. I do like the new GT500 but not as crazy as I was/am for the Terminator.

Last edited:

reldla1996

Established Member
I wanted to buy a 2013 Mustang last summer, and my wife couldn't stand it. I re-calibrated, and then took her to look at an 04 Cobra, and she liked it. That made it easy!

J-Hem

Guy Trilby
Established Member
I used to fiddle with jeeps then I realized I spend 99% of my time on the road so why not fiddle with muscle cars instead. And I wanted something American v8 and with tons of aftermarket support. One clapped out 96 Cobra bought off eBay later and I was hooked. Full bolt ons on that one got bored and traded up to an 03 GT full bolt ons with stage 2 cams and then considered supercharger. Then realized I just needed to step up to the terminator and quit screwing around. Found a black 10th anniversary on auto trader in October and drove over 9 hours one way sight unseen and picked it up. Some TLC and modding in progress and pure Mustang joy...

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
I Had an 04 Mach 1 and was very happy--I drove a buddies 03 Cobra and had to have one. Bought one a few months later and sold the Mach. A year later I drove a 2000 Cobra R and had to have one, bought one of those too. I gotta quit driving friends cars.

Det.Bullitt

Banned
When I heard that the Cobra was being called a Terminator because this is the car that put the Camaro and Trans Am to bed I thought there must be something special about these cars. Then I purchased a 93 Cobra from a guy that just bought a new 03 Terminator and I fell in love with it. I couldn't afford one at the time while I was in the Marine Corps. In 2004 my dad's 70 year old neighbor bought the car I own today new and I used to look at the car all the time when I would visit Arkansas telling him that if he ever sold it to let me know. Well, you know what happened next? He told my dad a year and a half ago that I was the only guy he would sell it to or he would keep it. I bought it with only 14k miles on the clock and I let the modding begin. Now the original owner is very happy knowing the car is in good hands and it made room in the garage for his 2013 Shelby. If you are wondering I asked him to please let me know when he decides to sell it.

Det.Bullitt

Banned
00 Cobra R

I Had an 04 Mach 1 and was very happy--I drove a buddies 03 Cobra and had to have one. Bought one a few months later and sold the Mach. A year later I drove a 2000 Cobra R and had to have one, bought one of those too. I gotta quit driving friends cars.

I will own a 00 Cobra R one day!

rw93cobra

Established Member
I was always into foxbody's. I have a 93 cobra that is pretty much stock and a 93 lx that was supercharged. I blew the 93 lx up and decided to turbo it instead. I ended up waiting 7 months for a custom cam, and about a year for some other parts. During the time I was waiting, I wanted another fast mustang and a friend of mine had a 01 cobra with a whippled 03 cobra drivetrain for sale. I bought the 01 cobra and was happy with it, but ended up wanting a 03 cobra. After a few months, my friend who sold me the 01 cobra wanted to buy it back. I ended up selling it back to him, and a few months later I found my SB 03 cobra on craigslist.

Last edited:

B-O-B'03

Established Member
We bought the wife a '99 GT convertible in Oct of 99, I was driving a '97 full-sized Ford van.

After a couple of years I saw a magazine article saying the next Cobra was going to be factory supercharged, making 390 HP and told the wife I was ready for a "fun" car too and she said "go for it"

I ordered the car on Job 1 day, May 1st 2002, and picked it up at the rail yard, still wrapped in plastic, with 3 miles on it... it still brings a smile to my face every time I get behind the wheel :-D

When I die, someone else (in the family) can have it.

-Brian

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
My terminator replaced my 91GT that was stolen....my 91 was much like my 03, a toy to tinker with. It wasnt much of a decision to purchase the cobra, since the terminator came with all the upgrades I had on my 91. my 91 traveled to 3 different houses with me over 17yrs, accumulating during that time many mods.

5 lug, 4 wheel disc conversion
17" 95 OEM cobra R rims
6 speed t-56 conversion
363 Dart Sportsman short block
TEA Trick Flow TW heads
Vortech S-trim @ 16psi
Meth inj
NOS 50 shot

Last edited:

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
We bought the wife a '99 GT convertible in Oct of 99, I was driving a '97 full-sized Ford van.

After a couple of years I saw a magazine article saying the next Cobra was going to be factory supercharged, making 390 HP and told the wife I was ready for a "fun" car too and she said "go for it"

I ordered the car on Job 1 day, May 1st 2002, and picked it up at the rail yard, still wrapped in plastic, with 3 miles on it... it still brings a smile to my face every time I get behind the wheel :-D

When I die, someone else (in the family) can have it.

-Brian
Original owner FTW!!!!!:banana:

Wish i was able to do that.

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
I owned and built a 95 z28 LT4 383 stroker, we were all out at the local meeting spot ( in 2003) and what pulls in but a gorgeous black 03. My friends egg on a race between us two and we both agreed. Needless to say after only beating the cobra by 2 cars, I was positive that thing had to have serious work done! Lol, I was mortified when we got back to the parking lot only to find out it had a 2.8 pulley and catback!!! From that day on I wanted one BAAAAD! So 2yrs ago last month it came time to join the club! It's by far one of the most fun and enjoyable cars I have ever owned! The wife and I both agree that this car will never go anywhere!

RichM1983

Established Member
I was always into Mustangs but never could get one because of school. The press started on the 03's when I was in high school but I just wanted a Mustang, didn't care what kind! After graduating college I finally got a Mustang....A piddly V6 that I swapped a GT drive train into. HUGE waste of time looking back.....Sold that for a Bullitt which I loved but I still wanted a Cobra. So I sold that and skimped and saved up 11k. No where near enough to get a nice Cobra but I found a black 03 with 123k on it and went from WV to Va to get it for 10,900. It was rough around the edges but the most fun thing I've driven by 10000x. I can still remember the first drive after towing it home. It was a highlight of my life, ranks right up there with getting married. Anyway I was going to keep that car and clean it up and make it nice when this cherry silver 03 was traded in at the dealership my father-in-law works at. Lets just say I stole it. I traded the rough black one to a dealer friend of mine that owns a used car lot and he sold it off the lot for way more than it was worth. I used that to pay off the new silver car that I stole and he kept the rest for doing the leg work of selling the rough one. I only have the car out of a pure stroke of luck. Even if I still had that rough black one I would still be stoked though. I love these cars so much. I would say it was my dream car....as I know I will never get anything like a Lambo or Ferrari.

Notsoslowbowtie

Established Member
I owned and built a 95 z28 LT4 383 stroker, we were all out at the local meeting spot ( in 2003) and what pulls in but a gorgeous black 03. My friends egg on a race between us two and we both agreed. Needless to say after only beating the cobra by 2 cars, I was positive that thing had to have serious work done! Lol, I was mortified when we got back to the parking lot only to find out it had a 2.8 pulley and catback!!! From that day on I wanted one BAAAAD! So 2yrs ago last month it came time to join the club! It's by far one of the most fun and enjoyable cars I have ever owned! The wife and I both agree that this car will never go anywhere!

I went for a ride with this Guy! And of course i'm a sucker for some HP. So he said well go buy one! It's only half the price of your 40k 13 sec 2012 SS Camaro! So what Rock-a-fella wants Rock-a-fella GETS! Now i'm in the process of getting my first Cobra!

Tx03blkvert

Established Member
Well i went through the ranks. 03 V6, 01 Gt, 08 gt and now i traded the 08 gt in an even swap at the dealer for my 03 black vert. Car has 48k and came out to 17k after financing fees. Came with a 3 year 36k warranty that im currently using to fix valve and a mess of other problems.

Layingrubber

Established Member
well i had a 02 mustang gt is high school. I wanted the terminator so bad but i obviously couldnt afford it. It was always my dream to own one of these beast one day. I ended up supercharging my stang with a vortech. Than i started having tranny issues so i sold it and drove an acura tl for about three months when i decided, F this its time to get back into a v8..Low and behold, i found a greatr deal on a sonic blue termi and herre i am..my dream car at the age of 24

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
Always been a gearhead. Bought a 1970 fastback out of high school ('98)with the hopes of restoring and shoe horning a 428 c.j. in it but those aspirations were just too high for a young kid. Wanted something to drive so I bought an 02 v6 with a couple thousand miles on it. Local guy bought new and he lived a block away, takes real good care of his stuff, always trades quickly. Traded the 01 for a new 02 v6, I dont know why. Desperately needing a speed fix by now I ordered an 03 GT sonic blue with every option except the auto trans. Was in love with the Cobras but just couldn't afford one, also was in to buying new. When my GT got in the guy I bought the 01 from commented on it said he missed driving his. So I told him about the 03 Cobras. wasn't two weeks later I was sulking in the corner when we dealer traded for ZY vert for him. My attitude changed when I remembered how long he holds on to stuff and if I had to have a used one, his would be the one to buy. Turns out he kept this one for 3 years, but I promptly scooped it up stock with 2k miles when he traded for a caddy. Best 28 grand I've ever spent.

Users who are viewing this thread