Established Member
ncc386 said:
i'm so fast i have to put the chute on the roof of the car :D

only i was not kidding.

dsc00601vprkilr2.jpg

99GTvert

Established Member
bamf70 said:
The stroker kit is just that, crank/rods/pistons/bearings. Some are balanced, some are not. You still have to punch the block .020 over and you still need to assemble/balance everything. Reusing your block doesn't save you MUCH, but yea it is cheaper that way. It's still not worth doing from a $ standpoint. You would be much farther ahead to invest in a billet setup and turn the boost wayyyyyyy up than you would be to stroke and then blow the engine.

What about getting a billet stroker kit? I think I will go with the DSS kit just because they come professionally assembled and already honed and all that. Would it be worth it to go with the stroker over the stock specs though? It is almost 1000 more dollars for the stroker. I can't see there being a huge difference in power even when it's boosted.

stangfreak

Established Member
viper killer, does your car run on race gas? is it streetable? i think he was talken about racing a twin turbo cobra on regular octane / street car. your car has a chute and wheelie bars lol.

01gt4.6

Established Member
bamf70 said:
:lol: More BS comments like that will just get you on the "To Be Eaten" list.

but all you have to do is put up some $ and Mike and I will be happy to take a day out of our drunken Mardi Gras party to show you in person. So, put up or STFU. The coice is yours bigmouth. :loser:
Bamf.T Yep, I made the offer, still no takers. I have never siad my dyno #'s were normal, I was just as suprised as anyone else. I did however, contact NX, and double check with the dyno shop, and as far as I can tell, all is right. If someone is willing to prove me wrong... have at it, I'm game.

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
TDCPROJECT said:
ditto from above. i just packed that shit, but i didnt have the time to clean the dust off. just lemme know. thanks

You should read back a little bit. I responded to this already.

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
99GTvert said:
What about getting a billet stroker kit? I think I will go with the DSS kit just because they come professionally assembled and already honed and all that. Would it be worth it to go with the stroker over the stock specs though? It is almost 1000 more dollars for the stroker. I can't see there being a huge difference in power even when it's boosted.

The stroker will give you a boost in the torque dept. If you build it right (low compression pistons for a blower, forged rods and crank) it will make the same power at lower revs as a stock displacement motor, which contributes to longer engine life. The downside is more rotational mass, but again, if you're not spinning it as fast it become slightly less of a problem. Watch out for balance issues though. If your crank is not balanced well, you will lunch your motor.

TDCPROJECT

Hiiiiiii
Established Member
stangfreak said:
viper killer, does your car run on race gas? is it streetable? i think he was talken about racing a twin turbo cobra on regular octane / street car. your car has a chute and wheelie bars lol.

that is what happens when you bite off more than you can chew. But I also have my 99GT. that is a street car. with an HP turbo kit. Or ive got a 72 turbo chevelle sitting here. he is more than welcome to pick his poison.

TDCPROJECT

Hiiiiiii
Established Member
kneedragger said:
Can you kill a Viper around an autocross course with that?

obviously not. but that is what my street car is for. since when were we talking about autoX lol

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
TDCPROJECT said:
that is what happens when you bite off more than you can chew. But I also have my 99GT. that is a street car. with an HP turbo kit. Or ive got a 72 turbo chevelle sitting here. he is more than welcome to pick his poison.

From an earlier post.
kneedragger said:
Ok, when I find someone with a twin turbo Cobra, I will let him/her know about you.

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
TDCPROJECT said:
i saw that. I just didnt understand why you asked me to race a twin turbo cobra that doesnt exist?

I didn't ask you to race anyone. I just asked if you would race a twin turbo Cobra. You made an assumption, and you know what happens when you make an assumption. It makes an ass out of u and mption.
:)

Last edited:

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
11secCobra said:
first off, anybody who tells you all you need is slicks and a shot is crazy...

youll need a built rearend, new clutch, or stalled auto, full exhaust, and either heads/cams/intake, OR 125 shot. a stock AODE is limited to about 320 flyweel horse, so dont expect it to last too long at that power level

if you plan on running nitrous, get some 3.55 gears...the first gear ratio in the T5 is WAY too steep for 4.10s and the bottle

Wouldn't he also need to upgrade his entire fuel delivery as well since it is a closed fuel system?

TDCPROJECT

Hiiiiiii
Established Member
kneedragger said:
I didn't ask you to race anyone. I just asked if you would race a twin turbo Cobra. You made an assumption, and you know what happens when you make an assumption. It makes an ass out of u and mption.
:)

lol nice way of looking at it. But around here, when people offer up a race with a car that isnt theirs or doesnt even exist. We call those people ****ing idiots. :idea:

:) ;)

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
TDCPROJECT said:
lol nice way of looking at it. But around here, when people offer up a race with a car that isnt theirs or doesnt even exist. We call those people ****ing idiots. :idea:

:) ;)

Seeing as I am from Chicago, round here, we call people who come into a room and challenge everyone to a race, insecure and maybe compensatory. :poke:

Last edited:

bamf70

Established Member
CobraKindaGuy said:
Wouldn't he also need to upgrade his entire fuel delivery as well since it is a closed fuel system?

I covered everything he needs with a 100 and 150 shot in an earlier post........

Users who are viewing this thread