how to run 11's with a gt??

Ponygirlracing

*Liz*
Established Member
I have 3000.00 to spend fixing my car up. I have a 2003 Gt. I would really like to run somewhere in the 11's. So come on guys (and gals) help this girly out!!!

JSHTROD

Established Member
Originally posted by Ponygirlracing
I have 3000.00 to spend fixing my car up. I have a 2003 Gt. I would really like to run somewhere in the 11's. So come on guys (and gals) help this girly out!!!

150 shot of N2O, and slicks.

Done.

:beer:

hj16

Established Member
4.10s ($400 including install)
Off Road X pipe ($150)
Staright Pipes ($30 for a muffler shop to hack em)
9" Filter ($40)
Plugs ($20)
15x9 Rims and Slicks ($700)
100 shot ($400)
Tune ($400)
A good driver

Total = $2140 :beer:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
100 SHOT?? good luck....

a GT makes what...260hp crank....what do they put to the rears? 225-240ish? you will need AT LEAST 320rwhp and tq to get there with one hell of a driver. fastest stock n/a mustang ive seen is a mach 1 here in new england.

320rwhp / 335rwtq
race weight of 3200 with driver
1.56 60's
11.9x@114s

this guy drives the car HARD..its a race car only. oh and its a 4v motor. so id say u got your work cut out for ya girly girl. id go 150 shot and hope you dont blow the plastic intake...:rockon:

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
spend the money on a bullitt intake before putting the squeeze on your sohc motor.

attachment%2021.jpg

11secCobra

Way2Fast4These LS1 guys
Established Member
first off, anybody who tells you all you need is slicks and a shot is crazy...

youll need a built rearend, new clutch, or stalled auto, full exhaust, and either heads/cams/intake, OR 125 shot. a stock AODE is limited to about 320 flyweel horse, so dont expect it to last too long at that power level

if you plan on running nitrous, get some 3.55 gears...the first gear ratio in the T5 is WAY too steep for 4.10s and the bottle

JSHTROD

Established Member
Originally posted by 11secCobra
first off, anybody who tells you all you need is slicks and a shot is crazy...

Are you new to modulars or something?

First off... No modular is paired with a T5. It's either a T45 or Tremec 3650.

Good aftermarket heads aren't available.

There's only two intakes, and cams are limited.

There's a budget of 3k.

4.10's on a GT are NOT too steep.

I have a buddy with a 2001 GT, convertable. With a timing adjuster, some sticky slicks, and a 150 shot he went 11.7's.

:nono:

11secCobra

Way2Fast4These LS1 guys
Established Member
Originally posted by JSHTROD

I have a buddy with a 2001 GT, convertable. With a timing adjuster, some sticky slicks, and a 150 shot he went 11.7's.

:nono:

if you want to be towed home from the track, go ahead and get ONLY slicks, a timing adjuster and a 150 shot.

your gonna need a built rearend, because i can tell you FIRST HAND that a stock 8.8 wont handle 480rwtq. the stock clutch wont handle that much power, so youll have to go with a spec stage 2-3, or an equivelent. your gonna need an exhaust, and some suspension mods. youll need a fuel pump, and THEN you can spray it...but spraying 150, your on borrowed time.:nono:

11secCobra

Way2Fast4These LS1 guys
Established Member

Good aftermarket heads aren't available.

There's only two intakes, and cams are limited.

thats why i said youll need heads/cams/intake...OR a shot:thumbsup:

JSHTROD

Established Member
Originally posted by 11secCobra
if you want to be towed home from the track, go ahead and get ONLY slicks, a timing adjuster and a 150 shot.

your gonna need a built rearend, because i can tell you FIRST HAND that a stock 8.8 wont handle 480rwtq. the stock clutch wont handle that much power, so youll have to go with a spec stage 2-3, or an equivelent. your gonna need an exhaust, and some suspension mods. youll need a fuel pump, and THEN you can spray it...but spraying 150, your on borrowed time.:nono:

Don't try to tell me about what I already know.

Stock clutch, stock rear end, stock gears, stock intake....

Let me repeat, for sake of clarity.

150 shot, Timing adjuster, slicks.

:kaboom:

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
Originally posted by Ponygirlracing

Save for another year and put a blower on it. Nitrous is fun, but a good blower is repeatable and there one you need it. A Vortech/Paxton/KB/whatever will do you fine with a good tune and the supporting fuel system mods. DR's would help too.

Good to see a woman on the board too

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
To be honest with you. Its going to take more then $3000 to do it RIGHT.

You can do the above mentioned with nitrous and slicks BUT your rear is going to go south for sure, your stock clutch will be toast and most likely twist that input shaft.

You can do it w/o nitrous. Plenty of guys have. It will take a good set of gears 4.10s or 4.56s if you want to get crazy. Ported heads, and cams. WEIGHT reduction is a big factor as well.

Also the stock plastic intake is fine with nitrous as long as its used properly i.e. Dont smack the limiter while you are on the spray, and dotn activate it under 3,000 RPMs.

But like i said, its going to take alot more then $3000 to get that in the 11s the right way. Sure you can slap slicks and a 150 shot on for a few passes but bring your AAA card with you.

Dave

wiz

your daddy!!!
Established Member
i ran 12.45@108,.XX in my 03 gt with a built rear and slicks, longtubes o/r x pipe, pullies, 4:10's na. with a 100 shot i would have definatly been in the mid to low 11's. i dyno'd 260rwhp and 300 rwtq

11secCobra

Way2Fast4These LS1 guys
Established Member
Don't try to tell me about what I already know.

Stock clutch, stock rear end, stock gears, stock intake....

Let me repeat, for sake of clarity.

150 shot, Timing adjuster, slicks.

:kaboom:

lemme tell you about what I already know.

it might make a few passes, but its boom bitch sometime soon:kaboom: :loser:

kaboom

Yea it's a 03 now shut up
Established Member
sigpic.jpg

01 Minnie Grey GT (commuter car)
12.06@112 with stock parts such as:motor,intake,pullies,timing,fuel pump,control arms,TB,MAM,rear end,no chip,no tune,no headers,no catback,no cold air,etc. Full weight spraying only a 100 shot from 2nd gear.
Dyno: 393.25 rwhp/ 571.32 rwtq (untuned, actual uncorrected #'s on a mustang dyno)

Users who are viewing this thread