how to run 11's with a gt??

Slaphappy

TDCProject, are you affiliated with what used to be known as Turbo Driven Concepts? Your user name is what made me ask.

TDCPROJECT

Hiiiiiii
Established Member
no sir. the first single turbo kit i purchased , was from scott sussman of TDC. I was ripped off and didnt get the whole kit. I was left to make a makeshift kit out of that one. I see that you are in florida. If you find him or julio, please let me know.

thanks

200gt

Established Member
I've got heads, cams, long tubes and x-pipe, accufab TB and plenum, Pro-m mass air and mac cold air plus 3.73's with a stage 3 clutch. With slicks I can run 11.70's or so. I spent 3600 bucks for parts and labor with a bit of labor myself so it can be done.

Patriot heads = 1,100
Comp Cams = 500
Pro-m = 200
Accufab = 450
Hkr LT's & X = 500
3.73's = 200
Stage 3 clutch = 350
tune = 300

total 3300 bucks

source out the parts and talk friends into helping you with the work

I made 320 hp and 330 tq to the wheels respectively

11secCobra

Way2Fast4These LS1 guys
Established Member
200gt said:
I've got heads, cams, long tubes and x-pipe, accufab TB and plenum, Pro-m mass air and mac cold air plus 3.73's with a stage 3 clutch. With slicks I can run 11.70's or so. I spent 3600 bucks for parts and labor with a bit of labor myself so it can be done.

Patriot heads = 1,100
Comp Cams = 500
Pro-m = 200
Accufab = 450
Hkr LT's & X = 500
3.73's = 200
Stage 3 clutch = 350
tune = 300

total 3300 bucks

source out the parts and talk friends into helping you with the work

I made 320 hp and 330 tq to the wheels respectively

you might be able to run an 11.70 once or twice, but with a sticky clutch and gears, that rearend is on borrowed time

Doug02GT

Established Member
HJ16-----Where is the Chicago-land area can you get gears and an install for $400???

hj16 said:
4.10s ($400 including install)
Off Road X pipe ($150)
Staright Pipes ($30 for a muffler shop to hack em)
9" Filter ($40)
Plugs ($20)
15x9 Rims and Slicks ($700)
100 shot ($400)
Tune ($400)
A good driver

Total = $2140 :beer:

TDCPROJECT

Hiiiiiii
Established Member
doug2002GT said:
HJ16-----Where is the Chicago-land area can you get gears and an install for $400???

gears :140.00
food for your buddy who helps you out under the car: 15.00
putting the balance in your pocket before you jack up the car and install the gears: 235.00

eddiej50

Established Member
11secCobra said:
you might be able to run an 11.70 once or twice, but with a sticky clutch and gears, that rearend is on borrowed time

Well I have a bone stock rearend with stock gears and 92,000 miles and dynoed 360 HP and 448 Tq on a dyno jet dyno running a zex 125 shot and have run a best of 12.7 at 109 with stock suspension and ET streets at 2200 feet elevation in vegas ,so I dont why you think they rearend is gonna shatter ???? :shrug: .Granted I still a ways away from an 11 Sec pass but it is possible and safe to do with a GT and a 100-125 Shot .

11secCobra

Way2Fast4These LS1 guys
Established Member
eddiej50 said:
Well I have a bone stock rearend with stock gears and 92,000 miles and dynoed 360 HP and 448 Tq on a dyno jet dyno running a zex 125 shot and have run a best of 12.7 at 109 with stock suspension and ET streets at 2200 feet elevation in vegas ,so I dont why you think they rearend is gonna shatter ???? :shrug: .Granted I still a ways away from an 11 Sec pass but it is possible and safe to do with a GT and a 100-125 Shot .

12.70s is a LONG way from 11.70s, believe me

JayC

Established Member
11secCobra said:
12.70s is a LONG way from 11.70s, believe me

About a full second if I'm not mistaken :thumbsup: A lot of folks don't realize that the faster you go, the harder it is to improve ;-)

Jay

DocHolliday01

Established Member
11secCobra said:
sig check :-D

ever been 6s in the quarter? ;-)

seriously kid you are the most arrogant little piece of shit i have ever seen on the net. do you ever stop bragging about your f**king race car?? who gives a shit, if you have nothing constructive to say about the question asked in this thread then don't post. because it wasn't the question "how badass is your car 11seccobra??" :loser:

11secCobra

Way2Fast4These LS1 guys
Established Member
02MineralGrayGt said:
seriously kid you are the most arrogant little piece of shit i have ever seen on the net. do you ever stop bragging about your f**king race car?? who gives a shit, if you have nothing constructive to say about the question asked in this thread then don't post. because it wasn't the question "how badass is your car 11seccobra??" :loser:

he told me how fast he had been, and i told him how fast i had been. dont get upset...if you knew how to read more than that one single post, you would see me trying to help out and let people know what it takes to run an 11 with a GT and have a reliable car

99GTvert

Established Member
02MineralGrayGt said:

If you actually read it he was sticking up for himself after someone called him out.

eddiej50

Established Member
JayC said:
About a full second if I'm not mistaken :thumbsup: A lot of folks don't realize that the faster you go, the harder it is to improve ;-)

Jay

Yes it is a full second ,but I am also in Las Vegas which is 2200 or so feet altitude which equates to about 4-5 tenths slower than just being at sea level .I also had a full weight car plus an extra 200 lbs when I ran the 12.7 so if I can drive I am sure if I lightened the load and went to sea level I could get a 11.999999-12.2 pass which is close if not in the 11's .I just didn't want to sound like a ricer saying I could and after I buy this and the other typical bullshit .But I am confident that the set up I have now could run an 11.999 given good conditions .

DocHolliday01

Established Member
99GTvert said:
If you actually read it he was sticking up for himself after someone called him out.[/QUO

go back and look at his posts in a few of the other threads, mainly the one about him punking truestang or whoever it was at the track. that is basically all he says in that whole thread. i just figure hearing/looking at it in his sig is enough that he doesn't need to say it every other post.

DocHolliday01

Established Member
11secCobra said:
he told me how fast he had been, and i told him how fast i had been. dont get upset...if you knew how to read more than that one single post, you would see me trying to help out and let people know what it takes to run an 11 with a GT and have a reliable car[/QU

who says the stock parts wont hold up?? maybe maybe not, seen a lot of guys do fine with stock parts. its all in the tune. i probably have just as much of a chance at breaking something in my stock gt as the next person in his modified. once you hit a certain point of modified i don't think there is such thing as reliability, its just a matter of what is going to break and and how soon.

Last edited:

BLK04SVT04

Established Member
11secCobra said:
if you want to be towed home from the track, go ahead and get ONLY slicks, a timing adjuster and a 150 shot.

your gonna need a built rearend, because i can tell you FIRST HAND that a stock 8.8 wont handle 480rwtq. the stock clutch wont handle that much power, so youll have to go with a spec stage 2-3, or an equivelent. your gonna need an exhaust, and some suspension mods. youll need a fuel pump, and THEN you can spray it...but spraying 150, your on borrowed time.:nono:
you are crazy an 8.8 will handel that much power .but i would go w/ drag radials and not slicks.i agree w/ the clutch.i would not spray tha car w/ that sorry ass plastic intake on it.

wiz

your daddy!!!
Established Member
wow! this thread was brought back to us from the dead of over 2 years ago by our new freind BLK04SVT04

Users who are viewing this thread