How to quiet your '03/'04 Cobra shifter (other Mustangs, too)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Shifter Gasket Sets For 2003-2004 Cobra T-56 Shifters And Other Mustang Models.) - All sets are 1/16" (double thickness) material

Are you tired of increased gear noise after installing your favorite aftermarket billet shifter? I have a very simple and inexpensive solution. One of my shifter gasket sets. These gasket sets fit all aftermarket shifters and the stock shifter. They are made from high-temp silicone material chosen for this application. The handle gasket is thin enough to maintain the solid feel of your shifter while helping to insulate transmission noise.

These sets very easy to install! Installation instructions are included. I even have an installation video available on my website showing the installation on a 2001 Mustang Cobra.

T-56GasketSet-Scaled.jpg

Shipping by USPS Parcel First Class Mail is FREE to U.S. addresses. Average delivery time is 2-4 business days. Canada orders ship by International First Class Mail. Note that sets are also available for all 1982-2004 Mustangs (and '11-'14 MT-82), as well as for the 1982-1992 Camaro/Firebird T-5, 1992-2003 Camaro/Firebird T-56, and the 2004-2006 GTO T-56.

Mustang Shifter Gasket Kits
$15.99 - 2003-2004 Cobra T-56
$16.99 - TR-3650/T5/T45
$16.99 - TKO-600/500
$17.99 - TR-3550 TKO set
$15.99 - 2011-2014 Mustang MT-82
$10.00 - Extra shifter handle gaskets (2)

GM Shifter Gasket Kits
$16.99 - 1993-2002 Camaro/Firebird T-56
$16.99 - 2004-2006 GTO T-56
$10.00 - Extra shifter handle gaskets (2)

Click on the link below to go to my website to place your order (PayPal or personal check). I am really very happy to offer these low prices. My reward is not monetary but in the satisfaction of my thousands of customers who have told me how happy they are with their quieter shifters.

Facts About My Gasket Sets
* All shifter gasket sets use the thicker 1/16" material, and are more durable and easier to install
* Inexpensive
* Enjoy a quieter shifter
* No messy RTV/silicone sealer required
* No more scraping off old, hardened RTV sealer
* Faster & cleaner shifter install
* Better shifter-to-base seal

Each set includes one base gasket and one shifter handle gasket, plus instructions.

The shifter handle gaskets are thin enough (1/16") to provide noise insulation while not compromising a solid shifter feel. I have sold thousands of sets!

All of my gasket sets are made by hand using a special high temperature silicone material specially formulated for this application. They work with any aftermarket shifter such as the Pro 5.0, TriAx, MGW, as well as the stock shifter. The shifter handle gaskets work on all 2-piece handles.

Price includes First Class Parcel Mail shipping. Average delivery time is 2-4 business days. Canada orders ship by International First Class Mail.

Payment by PayPal or mail a check (payable to Stang Shifter Gaskets, LLC) to:
Stang Shifter Gaskets, LLC
390 Chestnut Street
Cheshire, CT 06410

The ordering process is very simple. Please go to my website -- Stang Shifter Gaskets

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

snkepit

Established Member
Gasket kit is the only way to go. Got a shifter from someone that put silicone on the base and it took forever to get that stuff off.

ssp.vortech

Established Member
I bought two of Bob's shifter gasket kits. One for my '03 Cobra, and the other for my '93 notch. It made a huge difference on both cars. My Cobra has an MGW shifter, and the notch has a Pro 5.0 shifter. The Pro 5.0 is a quality piece, but it would rattle quite a bit by design and the noise would annoy the hell out of me.

His gaskets are perfectly even and centered, which makes the shifter base sit perfectly on the trans. I like the fact that they are reusable and there's no messy silicon to scrape off and re-apply if you are doing trans work. If I had to do it over again, I would definitely buy a set. Highly recommended mod!

stangliter04

Established Member
This is a very high quality piece and highly recommended mod. My aftermarket shifter was extremely noisy until CobraBob's gasket was installed. The fit is perfect so there is no need to modify the gasket and it is super easy to install. CobraBob is also a very active member of this forum so if you were to run into a problem he would be able to assist you quickly! Thanks again for a great product CobraBob!!! :beer:

LDC2335

Established Member
great product! I have a steeda tri ax, this quieted it down alot, and not dealing with the messy RTV is a def. plus as well.

Last edited:

95SC

Banned
Got a gasket from BOB for my T-56 and it works great.No more messy silicone :banana:

ReCoil

Let it eat!
Established Member
Seriously one of those mods that's worth every penny! Goes on so easy and works even better than silicone! Best of all, no mess!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks for your wonderful comments guys. I really do appreciate them. :thumbsup:

Addicted2Fun

Established Member
A question, how much noise is tollerable?

I put in a cobrabob gasket and i still get SOME noise, but not enough to piss me of. But, enough to make me aware of it and any other person aware if i have the windows up and no music on (i have magnaflow CB so its a quite car when cruising or idling).

VADEi2

DAl2K FOl2CE
Established Member
I just installed my MGW shifter using this and let me tell you it's fantastic. I wouldn't do any other way. Great product.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm glad you liked the gasket Adrian. I'll bet you're loving the MGW shifter, too. :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
A question, how much noise is tolerable?

I put in a cobrabob gasket and i still get SOME noise, but not enough to piss me of. But, enough to make me aware of it and any other person aware if i have the windows up and no music on (i have magnaflow CB so its a quite car when cruising or idling).

The noise generated within the transmission varies from car to car, so while most who use my gasket kit see most of the noise disappear, if your level of noise is above average to begin with, you might notice a bit still remains after the gasket install. In every case the noise will definitely be reduced, but a few who started with a noisier than average gear case end up having to live with just a tad, even though the level decreased. But again, that is the exception and not the rule.

Addicted2Fun

Established Member
Yah let me be clear so bob doesnt get the shaft here. The noise in my car is VERY minimal. I am a very picky person and its something i can deal with. Was just curious, i would still HIGHLY recommend the product to anyone.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks Sam. I know all about being picky. I'm the same way. ;-)

NBCobra

The best bang for my buck. I ordered in August 2008 and it reduced the mechanical noise annoyance by 90%. I was about to yank my PRO 50 out and go back to stock or a MGW.

Bob was very helpful since at the time I was having issues with doing an international order. All in all, I have now been enjoying the car and the only noise is a slight wine in 6th gear.

Users who are viewing this thread