How much respect do Cobras really get??

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
just another mustang cheese is what most most corvette & high end car owners think of 03 cobras im sure. so not a lot of respect. especially if you egg them to a race.

but also a lot of times when i play around with porshes, vettes, etc i always get a big :thumbsup: from them afterall. in some ways we are different but in the end we both love our cars and a good old fashioned race win or loose :beer:

LaFlavor

Established Member
I think most people who aren't into cars or Mustangs thinks it's just another Mustang. :shrug:

Most people that I meet recognize that it's a cobra, and know that it's faster than "just another mustang," but they're always surprised when they find out just how much faster.

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
Like I said...someone who just purchased a Gt3 or a Z06 etc..etc. pulls up to a Cobra not knowing much about them and gets owned. How do you think they feel? OMG I just spent 80k + and lost to a fkn mustang. That must suck!!

same goes for a hopped up honda who has mods and smokes a cobra doesn't it?:burn:

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
I drove my '03 Cobra for almost 6 years and got zero respect on the streets. 99.9% of the time anyone who looked at my car thought it was just another Mustang. :nonono:

As far as corner carving vs drag racing. I've always been a huge drag racing fan, but now that I have the Z I'm learning there's a hell of a lot more fun to be had pulling lateral G's! :thumbsup:

same goes for a hopped up honda who has mods and smokes a cobra doesn't it?:burn:
+65,000

U.M.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Well if I was driving a GT3 and I lost to a cobra, I really wouldn't care because I know that at the first corner I would pull away from him and stay away from him.

Corner Carving > Drag Racing.

Unless it's a Griggs Cobra, and in that case it pulls you on the straights and then pulls you even more in the corners.

FoxFour

Peace,Love and Soul!
Established Member
Not all Cobra's are Terminators. With the '96-'98 cars, there is just as much potential with their power trains. Remember, the basic engine block specs are the same as the Terminator ones.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
There are plenty of people that drive the exotic cars that dont know jack shit about the Cobra and its potential, particularly the 03-04. But who cares. Most of those guys get the exotic car as a status symbol anyway. The guy that gets that exotic to race on weekends is usually a true car guy and has knowledge on a variety of cars. I really don't care too much. In the end I would much rather have a bone stock GT2 than a 600rwhp Cobra.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Like I care...I bought the car for me...not them. Makes me smile every time I drive it. I like corner carving the back roads and for me my Cobra's perfect for it.

I note most, if not all the comparisons, are against more expen$$$ive cars...says something right there. Anybody with more bucks can always buy more performance...but do they know how to use it?

Users who are viewing this thread