How much do you pay for rent??

Kiohtee

Established Member
sorry, i dont believe this for a second.

is it a 2 story, 4 bed, 4 bath 3 garage house?

Why would you say you don't believe me as a first response?

+1.

You can find expensive places to rent in every state. Sometimes it's the standard and sometimes it's because you get a lot more. My parents used to rent a house for close to $2K in Huntersville, NC but now live in Myrtle Beach for a whole lot less money overall. :shrug:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
When we lived in an apartment we paid $1300/month for a 2bd/2ba 1200sq ft place. Now i live in my own house with a mortgage of $1700 a month.

Teethy

0S0SL0
Established Member
Like the title states, how much do you pay for rent? Include dollar amount, if any utilities are included, type of place you are renting (apt, home, etc), and location.

I'll start, I currently live in a small town (lexington, nc) in a average town home, nothing included, $425 a month. We are in a pretty good area, and the place is decently nice. We do however get screwed on water bill, average of $120 a month water alone for 2 people. I'm currently looking in Charlotte, NC for a new place and will probably end up spending way more than I previously thought I would, so it got me thinking of what other people pay for rent.

My ex (read: my ex's father) paid $1800 for a single bed single bath in the Ashton in Charlotte. It was a beautiful place in a great spot but just seems a bit pricey to me for what it was.

As far as myself I used to rent for $875 without utilities for a 1000sqft 3 bed 2 bath. The townhome I live in currently (3 bed, 3.5 bath, 1680 sqft) has both adjacent units rented at $1200 month with utilities.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I haven't rented in a while, but the last time was around $1400/month for a 1200 sq townhome with a 2 car garage.

Stanger00

Established Member
650sqft 1 bedroom apartment in Kent, Wa which is an industrial city about 15 miles south of Seattle. It's $1199/mo and then $50-80 for water, electricity, and garbage and $65 for indoor parking which I haven't paid full prices yet as I've only paid one rental payment so far. Cable and internet is about $70/no. It's expensive for the area but it's a brand new complex that's right next door to a major shopping center and entertainment hub. It's also close to Seattle though which accounts for high prices.

I'm collecting my GI Bill for Bellevue which is where I go to school and it's just east of Seattle. My cost of living allowance is $1820/mo or 60 some odd dollars a day for there which is calculated off the average cost of living. If I were to go to school where I am living I would be getting like $1000-1200 I think. It's significantly lower.

It's probably the same. I ran a random zip code for Kent WA

Screenshot_2014-11-24-05-23-24.png

0.. I now rent out my apartment :)

You mean your trailer?

For 2 years I lived in a 2bd 2bath 900sqft and split 1350 a month. Our utilities were 120 cable Internet phone, electricity 80-150 (bad HVAC system). A similar apartment I lived in cost 1600 a month and I lived there for a little over a year.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
$2,400 house with 4 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage and pool. About $500~ for utilites every 2 months. Gotta love Cali….. :nonono:

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
I can bench 1,425 pounds 40 times. and thats just a warm up.

how much do i make? oh, you cant count that high.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
It's probably the same. I ran a random zip code for Kent WA

Screenshot_2014-11-24-05-23-24.png

You mean your trailer?

For 2 years I lived in a 2bd 2bath 900sqft and split 1350 a month. Our utilities were 120 cable Internet phone, electricity 80-150 (bad HVAC system). A similar apartment I lived in cost 1600 a month and I lived there for a little over a year.

No way! I swear I checked it before and it was like 1200. I have a college right next to my apartment but right now I'm waking up at 5:30 every day to get to class by 6:30 and I get off work at at like 8-9:00. I might be changing schools next quarter lol. Thanks for looking that up. The only thing I wonder about is that zip is pretty far off mine so I wonder if it's Kent. I tried getting to that site you used but I couldn't. My zip is 98032.

Last edited:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Rent+Water=~500 for 1br 1ba
Electric bill hasn't been over $60 all year:dancenana:

Stanger00

Established Member
No way! I swear I checked it before and it was like 1200. I have a college right next to my apartment but right now I'm waking up at 5:30 every day to get to class by 6:30 and I get off work at at like 8-9:00. I might be changing schools next quarter lol. Thanks for looking that up.

No problem. I used to do the same as you. My school was 45 miles one way and it would take 90 minutes to get there, lol. Found out I'll get paid the same if I went to a local campus. The allowance out here is ridiculous 2769 a month! I don't get the max but I get around 2500-2600 since my classes are only 8 weeks long. It's going to suck when I get my degree and lose this extra income, haha. Maybe my degree will get my a 30k a year raise!

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
2350 plus utilities.

Aptos, California (Santa Cruz County). 2 bedroom, 2 bath, maybe 1300-1400 sq feet. 1 car garage. 1 block from Seacliff State Beach and plenty of sunshine. It's never really winter here, sooooo yeah.

Don't care so about the price so much, I love where I live.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Before we bought a house, we paid $1,600 in Lake County for a 2 Bedroom, 2.5 Bath, 3 Level, Furnished/Finished basement, over 2,000 SQ FT. 2 Car garage with a good driveway and a hell of a view. No utilities included so it was over $2,000 a month.

We bought a house close to both of our works, our Mortgage is $1,600 which includes our Association fee and Water. 2 Bedroom, 2 Bath, big basement, 2 Car garage, 4 car driveway, snow removal, landscaping, etc.

Feels good to own a house. Glad we are paying rent anymore since the money is lost.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
My last rent check I wrote was I believe $375. I bedroom, 1 bath - circa 1996. I think that same place is around $500 now.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
No problem. I used to do the same as you. My school was 45 miles one way and it would take 90 minutes to get there, lol. Found out I'll get paid the same if I went to a local campus. The allowance out here is ridiculous 2769 a month! I don't get the max but I get around 2500-2600 since my classes are only 8 weeks long. It's going to suck when I get my degree and lose this extra income, haha. Maybe my degree will get my a 30k a year raise!

Yeah man, I'm busting my ass and it's wearing me down. My classes are easy too but I end up skipping a lot of class. I'm not even trying except to at least get a C average to keep the money flowing lol. I just looked up my specific zip and it still falls under Seattle at $1821. I'm definitely changing schools.

mattaglover

2011 5.0
Established Member
$2,400 house with 4 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage and pool. About $500~ for utilites every 2 months. Gotta love Cali….. :nonono:

Thats not too bad for that big of a place in SoCal. Are you in San Diego county? I used to pay 2400 for a 3 bedroom two car garage in Dana Point. Then maybe $200 for utilities. I thought that was good too. I now live in North carolina the ass hole of the united states and pay $1200 for a 4 bedroom two car garage and about $500 for utilities.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Thats not too bad for that big of a place in SoCal. Are you in San Diego county? I used to pay 2400 for a 3 bedroom two car garage in Dana Point. Then maybe $200 for utilities. I thought that was good too. I now live in North carolina the ass hole of the united states and pay $1200 for a 4 bedroom two car garage and about $500 for utilities.
Yea not too bad for SoCal but that’s not saying much either. Im in LA, towards the edge of SoCal, I guess you can say im in between of NorCal and SoCal. Its a 14-1,500 sq ft on a 7k~ property lot. So its ok, not too big or too small. At least im glad im not renting anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread