How much do you pay for rent??

SHOdown220

Established Member
Like the title states, how much do you pay for rent? Include dollar amount, if any utilities are included, type of place you are renting (apt, home, etc), and location.

I'll start, I currently live in a small town (lexington, nc) in a average town home, nothing included, $425 a month. We are in a pretty good area, and the place is decently nice. We do however get screwed on water bill, average of $120 a month water alone for 2 people. I'm currently looking in Charlotte, NC for a new place and will probably end up spending way more than I previously thought I would, so it got me thinking of what other people pay for rent.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Haven't paid rent in 13 years ... but when I last paid it was 990.00 for a 2 bedroom 1 bath apt with a garage in Texas

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Two bedroom apartment in Midland,Tx

Rent/Garbage ~$1,800/month
Utilities ~$300/month

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Before we bought our house we were paying $1,700/mo for a 700 sqft 1 bedroom apartment in Fairfax, VA.

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
I lived in Lexington for a stint with work back about 6 years ago. Paid around $700 -$800 for a 2 bedroom/bath apt. Can't remember the name of the place, something Forest Ridge but it was in viewing distance of that famous BBQ spot. Lexington is very cheap to live in.

Same apt in VB ran me about 1200-1300 before I moved out there.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
$950.00. 1bdr apt 650sf. Three exits from downtown, 10mim from awesome shopping (fashion Valley mall, mission Valley mall), 10min from LA Jolla and awesome beaches.

SHOdown220

Established Member
I lived in Lexington for a stint with work back about 6 years ago. Paid around $700 -$800 for a 2 bedroom/bath apt. Can't remember the name of the place, something Forest Ridge but it was in viewing distance of that famous BBQ spot. Lexington is very cheap to live in.

Same apt in VB ran me about 1200-1300 before I moved out there.

I'm familiar with the place you're talking about, my brother used to live there. Nice apartments, I never realized just how cheap lexington was to live in until I'm looking for places in Charlotte. It's crazy expensive (well maybe not compared to some places you guys are talking about)

FIVEHOE

Established Member
rent in my area right now is ridiculous. Damn the college kids and their demand. Im paying 1050$ a month for a 2 bed 2 bath 1100sq ft apartment with a garage. Water included, electricity / cable I pay for. there are a bunch of 1 bedroom places less than a mile away from where I live now that go for 400k+ for a 1 bedroom and rent is 2.5k+ a month. Housing is quite expensive over here from all the college students who rent out places as well.

I'm waitin for the next recession before pulling the trigger on a house

qualls22

Established Member
Just got a new apartment here in Columbus as I had to move up here for work got a 2 bedroom and 2 bathrooms and a garage also had 2 pets so that's another fee but it's $1,100 not including utilities or cable. But it's a brand new place so it works out.

redrocket16

Established Member
Brand new apartment in Corpus Christi 1 Bed/Bath with attached garage loft style 1084 per month with 0 bills paid. I like the apt alot I just think its about 100 a month too much but in Corpus its either super nice and expensive or awful and only reasonable in price. I'll take the nice place I don't have to worry about my car at vs the alternative.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
1 bed room apt $760-765/month usually, depending on water usage. That includes water/sewer, trash and car port. But I get a $25 discount for being a TI employee, so it's more like $785-790.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
I just left a place paying over $1200/mo for rent alone. 1br/1ba 850q/ft. Water was about $40 tops, power was on average $110, cable/internet was about $140. The location was great, right across the street from everything I wanted to do and a short drive to everything else. However, the building was older and "updated" but with cheap stuff.

I'll be buying here in the next couple of months.

Last edited:

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I only had an apartment once for a year back in 2006, I believe my rent was $600/month not including any utilities. This was just south of Houston. I was TDY to Vegas back in 2008 for 6 months and paid $3000/month for a 2 bed/2 bath furnished apartment.

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
One bedroom Cabin Full amenities, septic and well large two care garage with large yard and big woods behind the home. I pay 525$ electricity is locked in at 50$ because it never fluctuates. This last month I was .08c under usage so next month that comes off. About 15-20 mins to my job and 7-10 mins from my gfs school.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
650sqft 1 bedroom apartment in Kent, Wa which is an industrial city about 15 miles south of Seattle. It's $1199/mo and then $50-80 for water, electricity, and garbage and $65 for indoor parking which I haven't paid full prices yet as I've only paid one rental payment so far. Cable and internet is about $70/no. It's expensive for the area but it's a brand new complex that's right next door to a major shopping center and entertainment hub. It's also close to Seattle though which accounts for high prices.

I'm collecting my GI Bill for Bellevue which is where I go to school and it's just east of Seattle. My cost of living allowance is $1820/mo or 60 some odd dollars a day for there which is calculated off the average cost of living. If I were to go to school where I am living I would be getting like $1000-1200 I think. It's significantly lower.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread