How long to wait?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
You can use swaintech on the pipes, if heat is a concern there.

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
On a side note, what is standard labor pricing for install of hellion kit, front suspension parts that come with it, 26 spline kit for trans, sump fuel tank, lines and injectors, full length subframes, Eboost, sos pod with 2 gauges, raptor shift light, new rotors and pads, line lock?

Mentos

Earn this
Established Member
On a side note, what is standard labor pricing for install of hellion kit, front suspension parts that come with it, 26 spline kit for trans, sump fuel tank, lines and injectors, full length subframes, Eboost, sos pod with 2 gauges, raptor shift light, new rotors and pads, line lock?

I know you've put some $$$ into your car with this particular shop, however I would call around to some other shops through out NC to see what THEY would charge. At this point its a lesson learned, and I know you just want a well running cleanly done car. .....but damn, looking at those pics....makes me mad. Me personally, I would NOT let this shop continue to wrench/wreck on my car. You keep giving it back to them, and they keeeeeep taking your hard earned money! Go find a trust worthy reputable shop with MANY good reviews.

.....lastly, whats the name of this shop??? Not letting others know will sadly put someone else in your spot.

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
They have had chances to make it right and have not. I figure the only way i am going to get my money back is if they do not want their reputation tarnished. They are on this forum. I hope they see this and call me to make it right. But i guess if they were going to make it right they would have by now. I will give it a little time and if not i will post all the pictures and info. I just want to get info on what it would cost to do this job and let people know not to let it drag on as long as i did. I read these posts all the time and think "Shut up and post it already"

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Man this isnt even my car and seeing those pics makes me mad as well what a hack and how and the hell can it take as long as it did and have stuff looking like that.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I was thinking small claims court, but don't know what NC limit is. I don't see them giving the money up. They had no shame keeping your car.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
This is why I do all the work on my cobra. You can't trust anyone. Maybe just an engine build but il still stab it myself

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
My Lawyer says not to mess with small claims court. Says to take it to district court. The limit in small claims is 10k but you can do district court for any dollar amount. The difference is in small claims you get a judgement in district you get a judge order to pay back money owed. You violate a judges order you go to jail. A judgement is just a piece of paper saying they owe you money. After showing him all of the info he says it should not be a big deal to to get an order but it will cost fees. So 4k that the shop owes back turns in to about 6,500 then they tack on everything they can think of. just seems like a joke to pay lawyers when you can man up and do the right thing. We use the lawyer for a lot of our business items so it would not cost much to do but why drag it out and deal with all of that? I own a business and i think that your word should stand for its self. But then again i have a business that has grown every year since it started.

Equalbracket

Established Member
"Shut up and post it already"

Holy shit look at that work, I would expect that from a Walmart Tire and Lube employee.

Gonna have to check reddit AMA "I don't have a GED but installed a turbo kit"

Screw small claims. Social Media >

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
OP, you're in North Carolina.....two words....Fastlane Motorsports.

Sucks ass that you are going through all these issues. Having cars like ours is about driving the hell out of them and having a great time doing it.

MysticRob

Established Member
They zip tied a vacuum line?!? Between that, the melted connectors, broke tabs, loose seals, bolts, and plugs, etc, that shop should be ashamed of itself but it's obvious nobody cares there. If you're going to return it AGAIN for repairs, make them fix it in front of you and explain exactly what was done, what was changed, touched, etc. Babysit those fools till the job is done right or don't take it back at all.

I honestly don't think I'd take my car back to those hacks, and would just flame the shit out of them at this point. There is no excuse for that kind of work.

HFBPA889

BOOST MAKES ME HAPPY!!!
Established Member
I can not even believe what I am reading and seeing. You need to make sure that car never see's that shop again and then sue the shit out of them. If I lived in your neck of the woods, I would help you get her back to acceptable condition, what they did was Terminator abuse and should be arrested. This shit really pisses me off when a business takes complete advantage of someone else's hard earned cash. You should call the shop out in this thread vendor or not. You owe them nothing but they owe you a honest job.

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
They have had chances to make it right and have not. I figure the only way i am going to get my money back is if they do not want their reputation tarnished. They are on this forum. I hope they see this and call me to make it right. But i guess if they were going to make it right they would have by now. I will give it a little time and if not i will post all the pictures and info. I just want to get info on what it would cost to do this job and let people know not to let it drag on as long as i did. I read these posts all the time and think "Shut up and post it already"

I could understand not wanting to throw them under the bridge with full pictures and info, but at the same time I would never want to take the chance that anyone I knew took their car there. It's nothing but the truth so it's not like you're making insane allegation. More than anything I would see it as protecting anyone considering them more so than throwing the shop under the bus.

God, I can't even imagine going on with this for a year and a half. Aftter 2 months and seeing a fraction of what I saw in the pictures I would have been beyond fed up and already pulled the plug on that shop, expected it to have been made right, and found another shop to get the work done that week.

I wish you luck! When you finally get her right it will be such a weight off your shoulders.

SuperBlownGT

Forever CoBro!
Established Member
As has been said already Fastlane is the place to take it.. patiently waiting for name. And also I wouldn't want that car anymore no telling what else is screwed up now.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow! That summary of events you post, and the photos showing the issues, is shocking. You, sir, have been very patient. I hope that you get back everything you're entitled to. What a freaking mess! I really feel bad for you.

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
The car is at another shop now. They are fixing it all at my expense again. I am going to write everything up and post it all with pictures and dates. It will get deleted but worth a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread