How long to wait?

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Good job getting this to another shop, talking to your lawyer, and moving on. Hope they do a stellar job, and it turns out perfect for you.

It's not fair that anybody blames you for any of this, you did not do the crappy work. Those hacks did.

You were doing what you felt was just and fair.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
The car is at another shop now. They are fixing it all at my expense again. I am going to write everything up and post it all with pictures and dates. It will get deleted but worth a shot.

if it is a legitimate claim and you are not bashing them then i dont think it will be deleted. they will then have their opportunity to come in and post their side of the story. as always, there are two sides to every story. but its hard to argue against pictures like that. unless they claim they didnt do that.

i know what its like to go through something like this. had a car down for 3+ years. (still kind of down). it was a buddy doing it for cheap, in his spare time. now i take my cars to another buddy who is $$$ but knocks shit out fast and does amazing work. although in your case OP it seems like you paid a decent amount for the labor. so it should be done right and in a reasonable amount of time.

it is annoying to see other cars coming and going while yours sits in the corner not being worked on.

what kind of deposit did you give them? it seems like you paid the $2500 (full amount) when you picked it up? and why didnt you take it out and drive it before trailering it home. i recently had a ton of work done on my car by my buddy. he told me it was ready. i took it out for a drive and noticed some clunking. took it back, jacked it up, found an issue. did the drive, check, adjust about 5 times before it was finally fully fixed. and he's only 60 miles away. i cant imagine 2.5 hours.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I'm sorry what?!

agreed with above, now you are gonna have to start from scratch to do it right.

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
Steve, I paid them when i picked it up because it was late and i had a 2.5 hour drive back home. I know i should have tested it more. Another thing was this was just on like 6 pounds to break in the clutch. Any small issues i was going to get fixed up after i broke the clutch in (500 miles or so.) So i did not think it would be anything this major. We will see what happens when the lawyer files the paperwork.

rancid

Established Member
Holy hell what a crock of crap. You are a good man OP to out up with this bs.

I agree with other posts, how is this "shop" still in business? Pretty sure you and a friend could have done a better job in way under less time.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
I've been through this before. Unfortunately just about everything on your car is going to have to be redone as it looks like a disaster. Sorry to see that man. Hopefully your new shop has integrity and knows what they are doing.

mr-proper

Established Member
OP, you're in North Carolina.....two words....Fastlane Motorsports.

Sucks ass that you are going through all these issues. Having cars like ours is about driving the hell out of them and having a great time doing it.

+1
4days for custom cams install and dyno tune (Mach 1)!! :coolman:
super friendly and awesome work!

Users who are viewing this thread