How do you make up for saying something completely out of line?

Never_Enough

Established Member
You don't. **** this PC shit. You didn't say you hate Jews. You like Joe for **** sake. They sound like super uptight people. **** em.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
OP all you can do is offer a sincere apology and hope that you can start over with them.

I remember when I had a similar experience. I used to work in a mall as a manager at Spencers and one Sunday, this Asian guy that managed the dollar store in the mall came up to me while I was straightening a display and asked if we could break a $20 bill because his store was out of small bills (bank was closed). I had just watched an episode of Robot Chicken the night before where they had an Asian dude screaming "You want MIRRION DORRAH???!!" and that shit popped into my head (we're all a LITTLE racist, whether we want to be or not) and so then I walked up to my associate with him and said "hey Tim, can you give him change for twenty dorrah." It totally slipped. I didn't even realize until it was too late.

I just pretended like it didn't happen and hoped the guy didn't notice, but there's just no ****ing way he didn't catch it... :nonono:

Don't ever talk to strangers while thinking of blatantly offensive TV shows like that...

I have a similar story. This was like 7 years or more ago, I was at the drag strip with a bunch of Camaro/mustang friends and some Asian guys all driving imports showed up. One of my friends knew them so we all got to talking and looking at each others cars and mods. Anyhow, for some crazy reason I had that Tokyo drift song in my head, you know the one where its Asian girls saying "something something tokeeyoo". Without realizing it i was sort of mumbling that part of the song while I was looking at this Asian guys engine. It sort of came off like I was making fun of him and his car and he had this angry/disappointed look on his face. He didn't say anything to me but I realized what I had done and tried to make small talk with him to lighten the mood but it was just awkward.
Everyone puts their foot in their mouth from time to time I guess. Sometimes I remember and I shudder Lol.

Last edited:

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Speaking as the King of saying stupid things out loud that weren't even close to what I meant because I'm a dumb ass, here is what you do:

Put a note on their door saying who you are, and how you truly regret what you said, and you would love the chance to make it up to them. Offer to buy them dinner out on their own, or have them over to dinner at your place. Say how sorry you feel, and you understand if they never want to speak to you again. Leave your phone number on the note. Next step is up to them. Being that they are Jewish, this probably didn't register too highly on their radar, because believe me, they have heard it all before, and by people who really do mean that crap.

Good luck, this doesn't always work. Hoping for the best for you.

If they don't accept your apology, just always be on the lookout for when you can do something nice for them. Even then, that doesn't always work.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
You want an example of saying something dumb and having it blow up in your face? OK.

My nephew was about six years old and we were watching him one day. We decided to watch a movie, Cinderella. During the scene where the women are all lined up to see if the shoe fits, I say to my wife, "Wowee!, Would you just look at all that glorious poontang?" Our nephew is sitting right between us, Donna says that I shouldn't talk that way around the kid, and I say, "aw, it's all right, he doesn't know what that means. To him, it's just a bunch of women." Movie continues, thought nothing else about it.

Next day, we're at Sam's Club, waiting in line. The next line over is composed entirely of women. My six year old nephew, in a very loud voice, says, "Wowee, Uncle Jim! Would you just look at all that glorious poontang?" Yeah. They all stared at him with their mouths hanging open. Then, and believe me, I felt it like a tremor in the Earth, all of them looked at me. I never wanted to fall into a black hole so bad as at that moment.

Two years later, his teachers called my house, wanting to know where he learned the word "Shinola." What? It's not bad, it's shoe polish!"

Last edited:

OhIIICobra

Established Member
So a new couple is looking for a home in the neighborhood. Seem like super nice folks in their mid to late 50's. They're from Miami. They want to know all about the neighborhood. We have a solid 20 minute discussion about how quiet it is and all the pros and cons of living there. They seem really interested in purchasing the home. They actually had met the guy down the street already and he was the one that told them about the neighborhood. They look toward his house and the wife says, "I see Joe has an Israeli flag." My first thought is to say, "yeah. He's Jewish, but doesn't act like one." I don't even know what the #### I meant by that or why I said it. I think I thought for some reason that flag might have been a put off for her, and was going to try to put out that fire. I had already told them I had known Joe for a long time and he was a really good dude.

The wife turns quickly away. Like what you do when you cringe that someone says something that makes go, "yikes!" The husband gets on another subject quickly. I almost instantly realize that these people are from Miami and it has a fairly large Jewish population, and there is at least a fair chance they are Jewish. If I could have put my foot in my mouth right then I would have. I jump right off the subject with them and try to act like it never happened. I didn't think it wise to dwell on it or try to explain what I was trying to say. We talk for another 10 minutes or so. But it bothered me all night. I don't want them to think I'm some kind of anti-semitic asshole.

Who cares? Minor faux pas, they'll live or they need to grow some thicker skin. When I was a kid and had a Jewish friend named Ben and we were shopping I would ask him to "Ben them down on the price". The old guys in my neighborhood referred to each-other in the form of slurs as first names: Wop, Goonba, Kike, Potato eater, etc. This politically correct bullshit is insane.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
No recovering from that, OP. Especially if they are Jewish! You're on a controlled flight into terrain. Any attempts to recover are just going to put you into a flat spin. Just let that situation be a lesson that you can't just let anything come flying out of your mouth. People do have feelings and you never know what's going to offend someone. When in doubt, keep your thoughts to yourself.

What a complete crock of PC thought police horseshit. :xpl:

More proof America is well on its way to complete pussification.

Niks97cobra

Ready to Go!
Established Member
It's just like pot. Smoke a little and the next thing you know you're performing sexual favors for a rock. Let a little anti-Semitic slur slip out and before you know it you've sprouted a little mustache.

Hahaha.

Seriously, who gives a ****. You made a simple mistake, you think. You don't even know if they are Jewish. They might be made he is Jewish.

I've slipped of the tongue before. One time, of course, drinking at a bar... and this fat chick comes up and starts talking to me and one of my buddies. I've never seen this chick before, and its a small town. It wasn't often that I saw a girl that I didn't know at the bar that just came up and talked to us. If me or my buddy didn't know her, she was after one thing and she was most likely from out of town, or newly single. When I say fat, I mean 300+, easily. I quickly did the good friend thing, and left her with my buddy. I went towards the bar where I ran into a couple of guys who I hadn't seen in a while. They were like, what was she talking to ya'll about. I was like, you mean the beached whale? Her fat ass probably wanted to get some. Then one of the guys replied with, "So, that is my fiance..." I had nothing to come back with but, "Sorry man, she's a big girl, what else was I supposed to think." Obviously, I've never seen him since.

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
I have a couple of these that come to mind, nothing to serious, just your average faux pas. While looking over a steak at the market, a women pulls up next to me and starts to ask me about what the best cut of meat for a grill, would be. I gave her my opinion and as I was leaving I said........It was nice talking to you, I'll just grab my meat and beat it. She looked at me like I had two heads.

During a casual night out for some diner and drinks with some friends and their wives, one woman leans over and says to me........You sure smell good, what do you have on? I said, I have a hard on but didn't know you could smell it. A few of them almost choked on their food from laughing so hard and no harm was done.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
What a complete crock of PC thought police horseshit. :xpl:

More proof America is well on its way to complete pussification.

So, if you say something offensive to someone's face and they beat the crap out of you on the spot, would you just let it slide or would you want to call the cops and go to court?

OhIIICobra

Established Member
So, if you say something offensive to someone's face and they beat the crap out of you on the spot, would you just let it slide or would you want to call the cops and go to court?

Being offended over words is about as weak as you can get. If your brains natural response to the stimulus of various words or gestures is violence, then you probably have a few misfiring neurons in the medulla oblongata. Sticks and stones bro.

[video=youtube;gHywzQon6tc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHywzQon6tc[/video]

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Being offended over words is about as weak as you can get. If your brains natural response to the stimulus of various words or gestures is violence, then you probably have a few misfiring neurons in the medulla oblongata. Sticks and stones bro.

That didn't answer my question. So I'll ask again. If you say something offensive to someone and they beat the crap out of you on the spot, are you going to take it and move on or are you going to call the cops and go to court?

OhIIICobra

Established Member
That didn't answer my question. So I'll ask again. If you say something offensive to someone and they beat the crap out of you on the spot, are you going to take it and move on or are you going to call the cops and go to court?

When I lived in Texas every year I flew the Confederate flag on Confederate Hero’s Day (official Texas holiday) that honors veterans which often coincides with MLK Jr. Day. So, if some random blacks deemed that offensive and decide they wanted to escalate their personal offense & intolerance by "beating the crap out of me on the spot", yeah, they’re going to jail. Pretty sure the Constitution and law is clear on that.

Kind of like the recent Mohammed art event in Texas, aren’t the offended Islamic pussies now corpses…as they should be?

This is America where you have the freedom to not worry about offending every conceivable culture or ethnicity, it is why so many who weren’t born here choose to be Americans. With few exceptions you can say and do WTF you want, when you want, and how you want.

Seems like what you are advocating is a form of moral slavery where you would have everyone walking around on eggshells refraining from any behavior that may offend any random person of unknown culture/religious/ethnic background. **** that bro, it’s all you…pushing that school of thought on others is un-American.

Zemedici

Established Member

Are you trying to justify assault?

Users who are viewing this thread