How do you make up for saying something completely out of line?

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
Ah dont feel too bad man. It happens its over just one of those things youll find yourself driving in your car one day and itll pop into your head and youll just say "stupid!" Outloud and laugh.

If it makes you feel better one halloween i dressed up as axl rose. Head to toe legit. Some girl at a house party i was at kept coming up to me and saying how awesome my costume was, eventually she gave her camera (pre camera phone days) to some dude to get a pic of us. Jokingly (sorta) i said something along the lines of "hold on dude let Axl see if he can get the groupie to show her tits". I was the only one who laughed. Like a record skipped. She looked at me like she just smelled shit and he was like "thats my ****ing fiancee asshole". And even worse i was a guest of a friend who knew these people. It spread around the party that i had insulted so and so..There was no recovering from that. I just caught a cab..still dessed like an asshole, and went to a bar.

Occasionally itll pop.in my head and i laugh.

Now that's impressive

When in doubt... duck out of there

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Get them a Christmas ham.

:LOL: My father has a jewish friend that calls ham "jewish roast beef" he is not very kosher so that is how he asks for it "pass me some of that jewish roast beef"

hunterp

Established Member
Ah dont feel too bad man. It happens its over just one of those things youll find yourself driving in your car one day and itll pop into your head and youll just say "stupid!" Outloud and laugh.

If it makes you feel better one halloween i dressed up as axl rose. Head to toe legit. Some girl at a house party i was at kept coming up to me and saying how awesome my costume was, eventually she gave her camera (pre camera phone days) to some dude to get a pic of us. Jokingly (sorta) i said something along the lines of "hold on dude let Axl see if he can get the groupie to show her tits". I was the only one who laughed. Like a record skipped. She looked at me like she just smelled shit and he was like "thats my ****ing fiancee asshole". And even worse i was a guest of a friend who knew these people. It spread around the party that i had insulted so and so..There was no recovering from that. I just caught a cab..still dessed like an asshole, and went to a bar.

Wow...yeah, there's no recovering from that one.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Is that how it happens? You say something stupid and next thing you know you're joining the skinheads? Damn!

It's just like pot. Smoke a little and the next thing you know you're performing sexual favors for a rock. Let a little anti-Semitic slur slip out and before you know it you've sprouted a little mustache.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
No recovering from that, OP. Especially if they are Jewish! You're on a controlled flight into terrain. Any attempts to recover are just going to put you into a flat spin. Just let that situation be a lesson that you can't just let anything come flying out of your mouth. People do have feelings and you never know what's going to offend someone. When in doubt, keep your thoughts to yourself.

Branhammer

Established Member
OP all you can do is offer a sincere apology and hope that you can start over with them.

I remember when I had a similar experience. I used to work in a mall as a manager at Spencers and one Sunday, this Asian guy that managed the dollar store in the mall came up to me while I was straightening a display and asked if we could break a $20 bill because his store was out of small bills (bank was closed). I had just watched an episode of Robot Chicken the night before where they had an Asian dude screaming "You want MIRRION DORRAH???!!" and that shit popped into my head (we're all a LITTLE racist, whether we want to be or not) and so then I walked up to my associate with him and said "hey Tim, can you give him change for twenty dorrah." It totally slipped. I didn't even realize until it was too late.

I just pretended like it didn't happen and hoped the guy didn't notice, but there's just no ****ing way he didn't catch it... :nonono:

Don't ever talk to strangers while thinking of blatantly offensive TV shows like that...

scott_0

Established Member

lmmfao thats hilarious!

just say you meant he wasn't cheap haha
digging deeper with that big ass shovel LOL

Zemedici

Established Member
OP all you can do is offer a sincere apology and hope that you can start over with them.

I remember when I had a similar experience. I used to work in a mall as a manager at Spencers and one Sunday, this Asian guy that managed the dollar store in the mall came up to me while I was straightening a display and asked if we could break a $20 bill because his store was out of small bills (bank was closed). I had just watched an episode of Robot Chicken the night before where they had an Asian dude screaming "You want MIRRION DORRAH???!!" and that shit popped into my head (we're all a LITTLE racist, whether we want to be or not) and so then I walked up to my associate with him and said "hey Tim, can you give him change for twenty dorrah." It totally slipped. I didn't even realize until it was too late.

I just pretended like it didn't happen and hoped the guy didn't notice, but there's just no ****ing way he didn't catch it... :nonono:

Don't ever talk to strangers while thinking of blatantly offensive TV shows like that...

jesus you guys hahahaha

hunterp

Established Member
Also be careful when addressing someone with the same first name as an 80's pin-up model because you might be thinking of the model and accidentally use her last name when addressing the girl standing in front of you...

byeofcr

Established Member
Also be careful when addressing someone with the same first name as an 80's pin-up model because you might be thinking of the model and accidentally use her last name when addressing the girl standing in front of you...

must know more.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member

I was out at a car meet with my buddy who runs High Tech Corvette. The group was talking about his videos, and the trend of putting endowed women into fast cars. One of my friends starts going on about the amazing redhead in a couple of the videos, how she's so hot, has a natural beauty, he wants to see more of her etc. His last description of the look on her face was "like she's having an orgasm."

The redhead in the video was my other friend's wife. We all knew it but the guy describing her, and he finally notices us all being quiet and trying really hard not to laugh. He looks at me with a confused look and I tell him "Dude...that's his wife." First time I ever saw a black man blush. It's expected, they put the video out there, but it was just really funny to watch his face as it dawned on him what he'd been saying about her.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

LMFAO....go big or go home!!!! At least you went balls deep on that **** up :beer:

01GTB

Established Member
I was out at a car meet with my buddy who runs High Tech Corvette. The group was talking about his videos, and the trend of putting endowed women into fast cars. One of my friends starts going on about the amazing redhead in a couple of the videos, how she's so hot, has a natural beauty, he wants to see more of her etc. His last description of the look on her face was "like she's having an orgasm."

The redhead in the video was my other friend's wife. We all knew it but the guy describing her, and he finally notices us all being quiet and trying really hard not to laugh. He looks at me with a confused look and I tell him "Dude...that's his wife." First time I ever saw a black man blush. It's expected, they put the video out there, but it was just really funny to watch his face as it dawned on him what he'd been saying about her.

Ha! I remember reading that was his wife. That's just a situation you wish you could go back in time 10 seconds and do it over again.

Something similar has happened a couple times to people I know. One time where a guy was at a party where he was going on and on about how he'd like to "do" this girl. Turned out one of the guys he was saying that to was her brother. The brother handled it in the most unusual manner. He looked at the dude like he was going to kick his ass and said, "don't worry about it. If she wasn't my sister I'd probably want to do her too"

Last edited:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Ha! I remember reading that was his wife. That's just a situation you wish you could go back in time 10 seconds and do it over again.

Something similar has happened a couple times to people I know. One time where a guy was at a party where he was going on and on about how he'd like to "do" this girl. Turned out one of the guys he was saying that to was her brother. The brother handled it in the most unusual manner. He looked at the dude like he was going to kick his ass and said, "don't worry about it. If she wasn't my sister I'd probably want to do her too"

:xpl::xpl::xpl:

Speedwagon

Established Member
Punch yourself right in the sack... And.. Dont hold back!! Also... it might be better if you get someone else to assist as you may take a lighter swing as would say a pizzed off neighbor. LMAO!! Sorry I had too..

Zemedici

Established Member

PFF Ahahahahaahah

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
On a quick read I thought I missed the off color comment. Brush those shoulders off OP, they'll get over it, maybe. If not, keep practicing. Being able to make off color comments and have people still like you is the ultimate in social skills.

Users who are viewing this thread