hood insulator

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Clearanced hood for blower inlet.

IMG_4253.JPG

Since I was painting it I went ahead and smoothed and filled all those extra holes and dimples and junk

IMG_4255.JPG

Painted it

IMG_5206.JPG

I run just a hole in the hood for maximum cooling. No grill, vent, mesh etc. Just a true forged aluminum border to give it a clean look and that's it. No hood blanket either obviously.

photo%2525201.JPG

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
It's main function is to block electrical interference from the engine compartment to the radios antenna. That's why it's lined with foil backing on the other side. I don't listen to the radio anyways (who does anymore?) and I wanted to relieve heat and hear the blower more (didn't make a difference for me but my boost is so low I'm not real surprised) so off mine came.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
damn ^ i wish i could paint

Have a local body shop paint it. As you can see I did all the prep work and everything I could. I had a body shop do the final paint and clear coat on the inside so it would look really good. Yes I clear coated the inside :) they only charged $200 to paint and clear coat the inside since I'd done all the main prep work.

Good looking work on that hood.

Thanks man. The custom relief I put in there for the blower looks factory too. Unless you are familiar with the 03 Cobra hoods and know what to look for nobody even knows I did that.

IMG_5207.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread